Smokiness of the Ships

[quote name='1corona4u']Yeah, like smoking is the biggest reason healthcare is so expensive.:rolleyes: It's expensive because the malpractice INSURANCE is too high for the dr.'s. It's also expensive because there are a lot of hypochondriacs who waste the dr.'s time....anyway...that's a nice little fantasy you have going there...:rolleyes: totally irrational in my opinion.

Oh, and by the way, if I'm not mistaken, I think smokers pay MORE for insurance, so it should be of no concern to you. If they want to smoke, they pay dearly to be able to do so. Get past it people. People will always smoke, whether or not you like it or agree with it.[/QUOTE]

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=darkred]Here Here, well stated! [/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#8b0000]John, have a nice life inside your plastic shell. [/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#8b0000]Stretch[/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#8b0000][/color][/size][/font][/i]

[quote name='1corona4u'].

Oh, and by the way, if I'm not mistaken, I think smokers pay MORE for insurance, so it should be of no concern to you. If they want to smoke, they pay dearly to be able to do so. Get past it people. People will always smoke, whether or not you like it or agree with it.[/QUOTE]

In the UK we all pay the same for health care we could probably pay 50% less if people do not smoke.

[quote name='justaknucklehead']Thanks a lot John, for naturally being greedy and thinking only of yourself. Good going.[/QUOTE]

All us non smokers want is the right to a smoke free enviroment do smokers think of us their attitutude is bugger you.

[quote name='John44']All us non smokers want is the right to a smoke free enviroment do smokers think of us their attitutude is bugger you.[/QUOTE]

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=darkred]After smoking over this last post, I still can't figure out what it means................. anyone have a translation into english???:confused: [/color][/size][/font][/i]

[quote name='stretch'][i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=darkred]After smoking over this last post, I still can't figure out what it means................. anyone have a translation into english???:confused: [/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#8b0000]Stretch[/color][/size][/font][/i][/QUOTE]

bugger is an unpleasant activity that hopefully happens to others... and that non smokers expect non smoking air to breathe, and I believe,.... that smokers basically think unpleasant activity directed at non smokers....

jc<----- always trying to help:D ;)

[quote name='celtic selke']I think that punctuation would have helped.

I have re-written it.

"All we non-smokers want is the right to a smoke free environment. When smokers think of us, their attitude is, "bugger you!"
Better Stretch????

celtic[/QUOTE]

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=darkred]Not really............. [/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#8b0000]obviously this poster has a paranoia problem to address.:eek: [/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#8b0000]StretchO[/color][/size][/font][/i]

[quote name='xpcdoojk']Stretch O, get the knee pads ready. :eek:

I think the seal translated it exactly correctly.:D

jc[/QUOTE]

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=darkred]I'm certain she did, I'm still of the belief that the author of the original phrase has some problems to work out, not the least of which has to do with communication skills. :rolleyes: [/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#8b0000]StretchO[/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#8b0000]BTW, what is exactly correctly???? [/color][/size][/font][/i]

I don't think its fair to say that smokers in the US pay more for healthcare in general. At least not in premiums. Some companies may require it, but not all and the HMOs do not require it either.... although I guess a smoker would have to pay more if they underwent treatment for a smoking related sickness which would add co-pays, etc... hmmm...

I will agree that a big price of healthcare in the US is the malpractice insurance, however in a not close second place is split between high obseity rates and smoking....

[quote name='celtic selke']"Exactly correctly" is a superlative phrase to explain how wonderfully I was able to translate the post from the Queen's English into American English.

celtic[/QUOTE]

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=darkred]That was Queen's English??????? :confused: [/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#8b0000]And I think jc may have committed the dreaded double adjective usage.[/color][/size][/font][/i]

[quote name='worldsbestcandles']
I will agree that a big price of healthcare in the US is the malpractice insurance, however in a not close second place is split between high obseity rates and smoking....[/QUOTE]

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=darkred]AHAH![/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#8b0000]Now we're getting somewhere (the same place these threads always go), to stinky perfume and [size=5]Obesity! [/size][size=4]And just how did a great many of these obese people get that way???? They quit smoking, that's how. So the question now is, is it better to die from smoking or have a heart attack from carrying around all that sweaty fat?? And if we all live to over 100, how much of a burden will this be on the worlds governments and society in general?? Food for thought.[/size][/color][/size][/font][/i]

[quote name='stretch'][i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=darkred]AHAH![/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#8b0000]Now we're getting somewhere (the same place these threads always go), to stinky perfume and [size=5]Obesity! [/size][size=4]And just how did a great many of these obese people get that way???? They quit smoking, that's how. So the question now is, is it better to die from smoking or have a heart attack from carrying around all that sweaty fat?? And if we all live to over 100, how much of a burden will this be on the worlds governments and society in general?? Food for thought.[/size][/color][/size][/font][/i]

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#8b0000]StretchO[/color][/size][/font][/i][/QUOTE]

by the time I'm that old I'm sure they will be taking all the 100 year olds out back and putting us out of their misery because we will be costing them too much money.... sigh.... and for the record, this is the first time I have ever heard of obesity on these boards... scratch that, the second.;)

unfortunately its true... though... although the semantics of choosing which way to go as listed above is a whole other thread topic.... I was just trying to clarify since there are people on here that are not from the US and may not know how our health care system works (or doesn't depending on which side of the fence you're on)....

[quote name='worldsbestcandles']by the time I'm that old I'm sure they will be taking all the 100 year olds out back and putting us out of their misery because we will be costing them too much money.... sigh.... and for the record, this is the first time I have ever heard of obesity on these boards... scratch that, the second.;)

unfortunately its true... though... although the semantics of choosing which way to go as listed above is a whole other thread topic.... I was just trying to clarify since there are people on here that are not from the US and may not know how our health care system works (or doesn't depending on which side of the fence you're on)....[/QUOTE]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=darkred]There's a health care system in the U.S.??? I thought it was just a bunch of doctors and lawyers making eachother rich with the assistance of the drug manufacturers and insurance companies......... :D [/color][/size][/font][/i]

[quote name='xpcdoojk']Stretch O, get the knee pads ready. :eek:

I think the seal translated it exactly correctly.:D

jc[/QUOTE]

I have a pair of Happy Knees that are only slightly used and I'd be willing to lend them to you. :D

I have an opinion on this topic but I'm smart enough to keep it to myself. :p

Beth

This is why, I am not obese, nor smoke. I choose to drink my life away and be merry.............;-)

I don't gross anyone out, blow smoke in their face, and am happy lots of the time!!

Cheers :)

[quote name='stretch'][i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=darkred]There's a health care system in the U.S.??? I thought it was just a bunch of doctors and lawyers making eachother rich with the assistance of the drug manufacturers and insurance companies......... :D [/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#8b0000]Stretch[/color][/size][/font][/i][/QUOTE]

Four professions I somehow missed out on... maybe that's why I will only be able to cruise once every other year...:p

Disclaimer: This is a funny comment and I'm in no way knocking anyone in the aforementioned professions. It is simply trite humor that comes after a subject is beat to death over and over.....:)

[quote name='stretch'][i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=darkred]There's a health care system in the U.S.??? I thought it was just a bunch of doctors and lawyers making eachother rich with the assistance of the drug manufacturers and insurance companies......... :D [/color][/size][/font][/i]

I love it when you post....dead on.:D

[quote name='1corona4u']I love it when you post....dead on.:D[/QUOTE]

Dear, please take this in the spirit it which it is offered, please do not encourage him. The partying tiger doesn't need help. He needs kneepads. ;) I think he should accept Beth's generous offer!:eek:

jc:D

[quote name='xpcdoojk']Dear, please take this in the spirit it which it is offered, please do not encourage him. The partying tiger doesn't need help. He needs kneepads. ;) I think he should accept Beth's generous offer!:eek:

jc:D[/QUOTE]

Since StretchO wasn't quick enough to accept my generousity, I'm now willing to rent them to him. For a reasonable price of course. :p

Beth

[quote name='HighLife']Oh, I can't resist.

I've gotten to the point to where I have NO tollerance for smokers whatsoever.

It is a filthy, disgusting habit and those who claim they are addicted are just making excuses.

."[/QUOTE]

As a former smoker who needed several attempts to stop, I can swear that you have no idea what you're talking about this time.

sorry
-Monte

[quote name='xpcdoojk']Dear, please take this in the spirit it which it is offered, please do not encourage him. The partying tiger doesn't need help. He needs kneepads. ;) I think he should accept Beth's generous offer!:eek:

jc:D[/QUOTE]
LOL.....ok, I WON'T encourage him....;)

Archived