Port of Miami to FLL Airport-Please I need some answers

kakarp

I need your input. Next cruise is April 13 out of Miami on Carnival Liberty for 6 adults. We are flying in and out of FLL. Flying in day before and spending the night in FLL hotel. They will drive us to POM. After the cruise my dilemma starts. Our flight out of FLL is not until 7:15 pm.

Q1. We purchase transfer onboard ship for bus back to FLL?

Q2. If I rent a van in MIA. Will the rental company pick us up and POM? And can we drop drop the van off at FLL airport?

Q3. If we rent a van can anyone suggest a rental company for me.

Thank You

Kevin

You have another choice......you can take the tour provided by the cruise line for those on late flights and after that they will take you to the airport. With that, they take care of your luggage.

You'll have to call rental companies to see what their policies are for leaving I one city and returning to another. Many have surcharges for that.

I need your input. Next cruise is April 13 out of Miami on Carnival Liberty for 6 adults. We are flying in and out of FLL. Flying in day before and spending the night in FLL hotel. They will drive us to POM. After the cruise my dilemma starts. Our flight out of FLL is not until 7:15 pm.

Q1. We purchase transfer onboard ship for bus back to FLL?

Q2. If I rent a van in MIA. Will the rental company pick us up and POM? And can we drop drop the van off at FLL airport?

Q3. If we rent a van can anyone suggest a rental company for me.

Thank You

Kevin

I would try posting this on the Florida departures board.

I believe your best bet is to hire a shuttle.

If you do a post-cruise excursion, they will get to to the airport around 1pm...you'll still have HOURS to wait.

I would compare the cost of the post cruise excursion, to the cost of a rental car, to the cost of getting an earlier flight! Pick the cheapest!

It's really no fun hanging around, and killing time after a great vacation.

You can easily rent a vehicle at the conclusion of your cruise. Rent from either Dollar, Thifty, National, or Alamo that have free shuttle pickup from the Port Of Miami to the Rental Car Center that is located across from Miami International Airport. After picking up the vehicle you could bascially spend time anywhere in the immediate vicinity. I would drive over to the Fort Lauderdale beach area where you could walk along A1A and then have a great lunch on Las Olas Blvd or even along A1A. When the day is over do the short ten minute drive back to FLL where you drop off the rental vehicle and walk over to the terminal for your flight home. Budget, Hertz, and Avis have downtown Miami locations but I feel it's definitely easier to rent from the Rental Car Center. There also shouldn't be any type of drop off fees for picking up at MIA and returning to FLL from any of the above mentioned companies.

Archived