Charging Privileges for Kids - Set Sail Pass?

Hi. Hoping someone can help me out with this question - we leave for the Oasis in less than two weeks :)

I want to put a limited amount of cash on my kids' sea pass cards so they can buy miscellaneous stuff while onboard. I do not want them to be able to charge to my credit card. While filling out the set sail pass questions, it asks about charging privileges for the kids. It gives three choices - set the account up with a credit card, set the account up with cash or no privileges. When I hit the cash option, it then says that I must agree to have these expenses added to my credit card. I don't want to do that. How do I just add cash to their accounts? Do I do it once I board? If so, what do I check for now on the Set Sail Pass? Can I just say "no privileges" now and then add cash to their cards once onboard?

Thanks SO much for your help!

I gave privileges to all on the setsail, but when I checked in, I was asked to confirm whether the card was able to have spending on it at all as they disable kids cards after check-in for spending if you don't agree to it. (And you then need to drop off another authorisation).

I don't know how the cash only scenario is handled - possibly by making it an independant account - but they do set that up when you check-in and then onboard as necessary.

Uummmmm, sneaky parent here....our son did not know that he had charging privelleges! :p He was outraged that his sister had bought a $10 watch with her card. Not quite sure HOW he thought this happened but he thought that she was going to be in trouble! :mad: :D We "added" some money a couple times for him to use in the arcade and he had a soda pass. We did tell them to ask if they wanted to spend. Maybe it was just the newness of not knowing how it worked but for us it worked in our favor. :cool:

After you check in go to guest services. You can put a max amt on their cards. They wont be able to charge over that amount until/if you put more money on. By day 2 one of mine hit the limit.....henna tatoos, jewlery.....buying sodas for her friends - she's a spender LOL.

After you check in go to guest services. You can put a max amt on their cards. They wont be able to charge over that amount until/if you put more money on. By day 2 one of mine hit the limit.....henna tatoos, jewlery.....buying sodas for her friends - she's a spender LOL.

Do the kids have to be there with their cards or can I do it by myself @ guest services?

Thank you so much everyone for the replies :)

Archived