Cabin assignment when booking GTY

travaustralia

In my experience, which might just have been coincidental, cabins were not allocated to us until immediately after we had checked in on line, given them all our details including insurance and printed the boarding passes. If for any reason you've delayed this step it might be wise to do it now.

Or as Kamloops50 said, it might be on the day.

We are 13 days from QM2 and still no cabin has been assigned. We are definitely starting to be concerned. Should I contact TA or Cunard, or just keep checking VP twice a day? Cheers

We are also joining in Hong Kong, Cunard will still be selling staterooms to close to your boarding so will not allocate to a few days before.

We had similar situation last year and they upgraded us as we checked in, so don't worry

We are also joining in Hong Kong, Cunard will still be selling staterooms to close to your boarding so will not allocate to a few days before.

We had similar situation last year and they upgraded us as we checked in, so don't worry

Balcony cabins have been sold out for a long time. It has only been insides that have been available. Were you only allocated your cabin at embarkation?

We are 13 days from QM2 and still no cabin has been assigned. We are definitely starting to be concerned. Should I contact TA or Cunard, or just keep checking VP twice a day? Cheers
As others have said, don't worry. On a couple of QM2 voyages I've been given a cabin number in advance, only to have it change (up-graded) before sailing, sometimes twice! I know of others who have been given a cabin number, or have been "moved" to a different cabin, as they have checked-in at the Terminal.

Have you been on QM2 before?

Have a great time, Bon Voyage! :)

As others have said, don't worry. On a couple of QM2 voyages I've been given a cabin number in advance, only to have it change (up-graded) before sailing, sometimes twice! I know of others who have been given a cabin number, or have been "moved" to a different cabin, as they have checked-in at the Terminal.

Have you been on QM2 before?

Have a great time, Bon Voyage! :)

No, this is our first time on QM2, so am having fears of sleeping in the laundromat. We have cruised 12 times before and anytime I have done a GTY, I have received a really good cabin very quickly, but as you say, not on the QM2. It is just getting so close, and yes we are very excited but would like to know where our cabin is, so I can check deck plans and get a feel for its location. Cheers

We are joining QV in Hong Kong on 19th March and we booked a Q6 guarantee. Our suite has not yet been assigned and our voyage personaliser details are up-to-date. This is the first time we have booked a guarantee and probably the last. We know that the ship is heavily booked, especially from Hong Kong to Singapore, and wondered about the possibility of being bumped. Has anyone had this experience?

We are joining QV in Hong Kong on 19th March and we booked a Q6 guarantee. Our suite has not yet been assigned and our voyage personaliser details are up-to-date. This is the first time we have booked a guarantee and probably the last. We know that the ship is heavily booked, especially from Hong Kong to Singapore, and wondered about the possibility of being bumped. Has anyone had this experience?

No, I have never heard or read of any passenger booking a guarantee category being bumped on a Cunard ship.

Katzoe,

We are also on this segment and have not had our GTY cabin assigned yet. Like you, we have heard rumours that this segment is overbooked in the Grills cabins.. We are waiting for a phone call with the bad news.... Fingers crossed it won't ever happen.

It does seem strange that the segment in both PG and QG has been sold out since the first week of January and they haven't assigned a cabin yet.

I did see a post on here 2 weeks ago from someone who was asked whether they would swap their QM2 segment for something else as the ship was overbooked. We would want generous compensation to change at this late stage.

See you on board (hopefully!)

QM2 Cruiser,

We booked on QM2 in January 2012. We planned to book the only Q5 available at the time but the cruise consultant recommended the Q6 guarantee. She felt it was better value for us. I think in future we will book a confirmed stateroom.

Lets hope it works out okay for both of us.

QM2 Cruiser,

We booked on QM2 in January 2012. We planned to book the only Q5 available at the time but the cruise consultant recommended the Q6 guarantee. She felt it was better value for us. I think in future we will book a confirmed stateroom.

Lets hope it works out okay for both of us.

We booked 1 December, so feel as though I have been waiting for a cabin for ages. I have booked GTYs 3 other times and had cabin assignment within a week. We leave in 8 days for Hong Kong, it would just be nice to know where our cabin is. Fingers crossed for us both.

travaustralia,

Did you book only 2 months ago or back in December 2011? Are you spending 4 plus weeks in Hong Kong or travelling in Asia? We are having 4 days in Hong Kong before the cruise and another 4 days there when we fly back from Dubai.

I lived in HK for 3 years in the late 70's early 80's. It has changed a lot since then but it is still a very exciting city and I always love returning. This will be our 4th cruise departure from HK.

travaustralia,

Did you book only 2 months ago or back in December 2011? Are you spending 4 plus weeks in Hong Kong or travelling in Asia? We are having 4 days in Hong Kong before the cruise and another 4 days there when we fly back from Dubai. icon7.gif

I lived in HK for 3 years in the late 70's early 80's. It has changed a lot since then but it is still a very exciting city and I always love returning. This will be our 4th cruise departure from HK.

QM2 arrives in HK on 17th February so I assume 'travaustralia' is boarding then

the staterooms may only be allocated as you check in

I assume 'katzoe' is boarding QV but states that he booked QM2 last month just a 'typo' I assume:)

I am sorry travaustralia if my message has confused you.

We are not cruising on QM2 on this trip, refer post #9.

We booked QV whilst onboard QM2 from Cape Town to Sydney in January 2012, not last month.

We received our cabin allocation two weeks ago for the 24th Feb. cruise on QV out of Sydney. We booked a balcony GTY. First time we have not selected a cabin at time of booking, and was a little concerned, but am pleased with the allocation so far. Mind you, it may change, but so long as we are onboard, it suits me:) Don't really want a life boat category though.:D

I'm sure you chose a cabin level. (B-4)etc. You may well find yourself with an upgrade by the time you board.

So, patience has paid off, we got our cabin assigned today - board QM2 on Sunday. We went from a B4 GTY to an A1, quite happy with that. Cheers to all

that great news enjoy your cruise, we have sailed deck11 on QM2 nice and quite.

We are now waiting to see where our stateroom is as we booked GWY in July to join Queen Victoria in HK in 4 weeks time

I am delighted for you travaustralia. Have a wonderful cruise.

Still waiting for our assigned stateroom on QV.

I am thinking that once QV has visited Sydney and have processed cruisers joining there, the next change over will be Hong Kong, So that should be early March when we should find out the stateroom we have been allocated!

The whole idea of a "guarantee" fare is that you will get at least the cabin grade that you have paid for - therefore you won't be sleeping in the laundry. :) We ALWAYS book guarantee fares - and I am always very happy to NOT be allocated a cabin until very late in the day. Mainly, I guess, because of the HUGE upgrade we got with P&O UK in 2010 for a 6 weeks cruise via Suez to the UK from Australia. We only got it 3 days before sailing. There is nothing more disappointing that booking a guarantee fare and getting a cabin allocation almost immediately :mad:

Barry

Archived