Gayle Arc - Very Sad News

sail7seas

This is not the sort of thread I ever want to write but long time (though only occassional) HAL CC poster, Gayle Arcario, who posted under the name of Gayle Arc, passed away January 29 after a brief illness.

Gayle's husband just called me and seeing he knows how much I post here, he asked I please let CC'ers know of his dear wife's passing. Gayle has lots of friends all around HAL and this may be the only way some might learn of her passing.

They were a wonderful couple and we always admired their devotion to each other and their always cheerful good humor. Two of the nicest people you would ever meet.

DH and I will miss Gayle. We sailed together several times and if my memory serves, I believe we met going on almost 20 years ago. When Gayle and I got on the telephone, our conversations were never less than an hour and often far more. :)

May Gayle rest in peace. She has left lots of friends and loved ones.

So sorry to hear this, but do appreciate you letting us know Judy.

Our prayers and thoughts to her family and for her. Blessings.

Jacqui, have you noticed that GayleArc was signed up for our meet and greet on the Prinsendam? How very sad to hear this news.

Jacqui, have you noticed that GayleArc was signed up for our meet and greet on the Prinsendam? How very sad to hear this news.

You're right, Sapper. Gayle and her DH sailed Prinsendam last year, the year before and were looking forward to returning.

You're right, Sapper. Gayle and her DH sailed Prinsendam last year, the year before and were looking forward to returning.

What a shame that this would happen. My condolences to her husband and family. And to yourself on the loss of your friend. Always hard.

Sail7Seas:

I was truly sorry to learn of this poster dying. I will keep her in my prayers. May her soul and the soul of all the faithful departed , though the mercy of God, rest in peace.

Tell her DH I was sorry to learn of her passing.

We met Gayle on a cruise many years ago and have sailed with her several times. Last October we were on the Noordam waiting for this couple with the lady in the wheelchair

to come down the passageway so we could go up it. To our surprise it was Gayle and Joe. We had been sending emails but neither of us mentioned we were going on this cruise.

May she rest in peace. Walt & Marie

Archived