Receiving Information After Booking

You should have gotten a booking number. Go into the RCI website and pull up your documents using that booking number. That will show your cabin and sail date. If you only paid the minimum down payment, you should have a date upon which the balance is due. You must pay by that date or you will lose your booking. Usually you get documents about 3-4 weeks before sailing. They may be snail mail or e-mailed.

When should I expect to receive something in the mail from RC? I booked a cruise over a month ago for next February and haven't gotten anything!! GRR

And i thought i was impatient

All you get until about 9 weeks out is yourr confirmation number

at 9 weeks out you will get your documents

with said confirmation number you can go on line and get you itinerary book shore excursions and such

If you want they will fax you a confirmation with the cruise total, amount of deposit, and when final payment is due, just call and they will be glad to do it.

And i thought i was impatient

All you get until about 9 weeks out is yourr confirmation number

at 9 weeks out you will get your documents

with said confirmation number you can go on line and get you itinerary book shore excursions and such

RCCI generally doesn't send your cruise documents out until about a month before your cruise.

RCCI generally doesn't send your cruise documents out until about a month before your cruise.

you are right i am using my stupid lap top key pad and 9 and 5 are across from each other

sorry 4-5 weeks is more like it

Guest OBAYbee
When should I expect to receive something in the mail from RC? I booked a cruise over a month ago for next February and haven't gotten anything!! GRR

This happened to me in February when I booked our FOS cruise. You should have received an email with all the information about your cruise on it along with the deposit down payment amount.

I had to call RCCL and after numerous phone calls they agreed my agent dropped the ball by not sending me anything. This was 2 months after the fact.

They claim nobody could have sent me anything because there was no contact information noted anywhere.

My advise, call them today! Have them send you an email confirmation.

I just figured they would at least send me a letter in the mail...I mean what if I called them up on the phone and booked it..some of us don't live on the internet(i do though) but at least I know I am not missing anything. I have been to my reservation on their website so I do know it is there

Guest OBAYbee
I just figured they would at least send me a letter in the mail...I mean what if I called them up on the phone and booked it..some of us don't live on the internet(i do though) but at least I know I am not missing anything. I have been to my reservation on their website so I do know it is there

Same here. I could pull ours up too. Here's the kicker..since there was no contact info my tickets (all 16) were scheduled to be picked up at the pier. Can you imagine? Almost a year and a half before our cruise and they had me picking them up at the pier!

My advise is call them and insist they send you an email.

This happened to me in February when I booked our FOS cruise. You should have received an email with all the information about your cruise on it along with the deposit down payment amount.

My advise, call them today! Have them send you an email confirmation.

RCI will not email any financial informatiion about your booking. They will fax it to you, but not email.

Mike

RCI will not email any financial informatiion about your booking. They will fax it to you, but not email.

Mike

actually, thats not true, I just asked for it to be mailed to me the other day, I wanted a complete breakdown of my reservation that I made last nov, they emailed me exactly what I requested.

Guest OBAYbee

Mike

I am not sure what you mean they won't send you any financial information via email

I've always received an email with all details after every booking and there have been more then 40. When we booked our AOS cruise for August I got emails and it included financial and vacation info such as pre-cruise hotel and price of said hotel etc.

Here is an example:

For our Freedom of the seas cruise:

Reservation Number: xxxxxx

Ship: Freedom Of The Seas

Sail Date: xx/xx/06

Number of Nights and Itinerary: 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise

Stateroom Number And Category: xxxx/OS

Guest Last Name/Guest First Name :

Gateway : City/Airport

Total Stateroom Price: 10815.60

Deposit Received: 1000.00

Final Payment Due by: 04/16/06

Balance Due: 9815.60

Are you referring to something else?

That looks like what we get from a phone reservation with RCI. The odd thing is, that when you book directly online, you don't get ANYTHING. You print the page out with your booking number, and that's it. Of course, with an online booking, the full details are available online, unlike phone or onboard bookings.

You know what else is weird? I made 2 minor changes to my online booking by phone, since you also can't change it online. In both cases the agent offered to FAX me a confirmation immediately. I said fine. Never received either one. On the second call, I asked that she snail mail it. She agreed. Never received that either, I think online is non-comissioned. I did get my documents, though :) :D

Guest OBAYbee

ohhhhh, ok now I see what you are talking about. I thought the OP booked via telephone. Sorry about that.

Ok, now I am confused. We booked our next cruise while we were on board our last cruise. When I called RCI to get a copy of our conformation with all of the cruise info and cost, I was told by the agent that they could not email it to me but would fax it to me. If I go on line and look at my booking, it only shows the basic stuff, like itinerary, cabin and our names, etc. No cost info. I just booked another curise for August of 2006 and again, they faxed me the conformation info with cost. They did not ask me if I wanted it emailed and I did not ask. Again, looking on line, I can only see the basic info about this booking also.

Mike

Mike, maybe I can make this clear, maybe not, but I have booked all 3 ways with RCI.

Online booking with RCI: Other than confirmation of a booking, no e-mail from RCI. All information, including amounts paid, due date, seating etc. is available to you on RCI website, based on your original choices.

Phone booking with RCI: E-mail confirmation fom RCI with all information, including amounts paid, due date etc. Website access is limited to abreviated booking information. Fax/phone access to booking.

Onboard booking with RCI: Confirmation is provided by the Loyalty Ambassador at the time of booking, and should include amounts paid, due date etc. E-mail confirmation is not available. Website access is limited to the abreviated booking information. Fax/phone access to booking.

This is what I've determined, based on my experience with what seem to be 3 very different systems. Opinions from others? :)

Mike, maybe I can make this clear, maybe not, but I have booked all 3 ways with RCI.

Online booking with RCI: Other than confirmation of a booking, no e-mail from RCI. All information, including amounts paid, due date, seating etc. is available to you on RCI website, based on your original choices.

Phone booking with RCI: E-mail confirmation fom RCI with all information, including amounts paid, due date etc. Website access is limited to abreviated booking information. Fax/phone access to booking.

Onboard booking with RCI: Confirmation is provided by the Loyalty Ambassador at the time of booking, and should include amounts paid, due date etc. E-mail confirmation is not available. Website access is limited to the abreviated booking information. Fax/phone access to booking.

This is what I've determined, based on my experience with what seem to be 3 very different systems. Opinions from others? :)

My last booking was phone via Crown and Anchor. No e-mail, fax only, abreviated booking info online. Your third way is exactly what happened when we booked our Explorer cruise on board through the loyalty ambassador. No e-mail and abreviated booking info on line. Maybe it is who you get. Anyway, I guess the main thing is that I get something whether it is an email or a fax. You would think that they would link the different ways together and have all info (password protected) on line.

Mike

I knew I couldn't do it right on the first try: :D

Online booking with RCI: Other than confirmation of a booking, no e-mail confirmations are available from RCI. All information, including amounts paid, due date, seating etc. is available to you on RCI website, based on your original choices. You must phone for changes.

Phone booking with RCI: E-mail confirmation fom RCI with all information, including amounts paid, due date etc. Website access is limited to abreviated booking information. Fax/phone access to reservation and future e-mail confirmations are available.

Onboard booking with RCI: Confirmation is provided by the Loyalty Ambassador at the time of booking, and should include amounts paid, due date etc. E-mail confirmations are not available. Website access is limited to the abreviated booking information. Fax/phone access to booking.

We booked our Oct. 2006 cruise with RCI by phone, with customer service in Miami. We have an agent, with a phone # extension and everything. We received an e-mail like OBB's when we booked, and a second e-mail confirmation when I called back to add air. Maybe the e-mail confirmation does have something to do with which department you book with. Interesting to compare other's experiences. Thanks :)

I am also interested in this topic. I booked our next 2 cruises directly thru RCI for the 1st time. I did receive the Emails with the information as others have gotten. I asked for a copy of an itemized list of the cost which would also include any coupons, etc. I was asked if I had a Fax which we do not. She said they could not Email me the information, but that it could only be Faxed. She said she would make a copy of the Fax which I think she sent to herself 1st. She told me that she would mail it to me that day. That was a few months ago, & I'm still waiting. I called one more time to check on it. She was surprised I had not received it & said she would send it again. I'm not very happy about it. I always got a breakdown from our TA. Other than that so far the process has been easy. I'll know for sure after we go thru the whole process for our Oct. cruise if it does go smoothly.

Gail

Archived