Princess Wine Bottle Package Availability

IECalCruiser

We will be on the Ruby-Greek Isles at the end of June. On past cruises when you buy the soda card, they add a gratuity on top of the price. Do they do that as well for the Wine Pkg? Thx!

Berni

Based on posts that I've read the 15% gratuity is added to the wine package's price just like on all other paid drinks.

We will be on the Ruby-Greek Isles at the end of June. On past cruises when you buy the soda card, they add a gratuity on top of the price. Do they do that as well for the Wine Pkg? Thx!

Berni

As with every other beverage purchase onboard, there is a 15% gratuity added to the package. Our 10 bottle Silver package was $210 but with gratuity it was $241.50. Still a very good deal. We had two bottles left in our package. Because we were driving home from the port we brought them back to our cabin the last night.

Berni

Yes, as others have said, 15% is added so we were $276 for the 12 bottle silver tier package - any bottle up to $29.

Note that when I signed up they gave me a cut down wine list to choose from I think on a piece of paper, but every other night it was the standard wine list. Also, when I selected wine over $29, they charged me full bottle price instead of the difference, but I'm taking that up with them.

By the way, you'll love the cruise!

Yes, as others have said, 15% is added so we were $276 for the 12 bottle silver tier package - any bottle up to $29.

Note that when I signed up they gave me a cut down wine list to choose from I think on a piece of paper, but every other night it was the standard wine list. Also, when I selected wine over $29, they charged me full bottle price instead of the difference, but I'm taking that up with them.

By the way, you'll love the cruise!

On the Island, we were charged the full bottle price for a more expensive bottle, say $38, and then our account was credited $29. No additional gratuity was charged. Also, we ordered from the full wine list every night. Edited by IECalCruiser

The packages were available on the May 20, 2013, sailing of the Grand Princess. On this 10-day voyage, only the 7- or 10- day packages were offered.

BTW, when we checked in for the cruise at Pier 35, there was a table just after the X-ray machines where carry-on bottles were being inspected and cabin numbers recorded (1 750-ml bottle free per adult, 2 750-ml bottles total free per cabin). We did not have more than the limit, so we cannot comment on how bottles above the limit were being handled as far as a corkage fee being paid or the bottles being marked. Our bottles were not marked.

The details on the wine packages are:

Note: A 15% gratuity is added to all package prices (like any other bar purchase).

Silver Package (wines up to $29 per bottle list price)

7 bottles -- $161 (average of $23 per bottle)

10 bottles -- $210 (average of $21 per bottle)

12 bottles -- $240 (average of $20 per bottle)

Gold Package (wines up to $45 per bottle list price)

7 bottles -- $217 (average of $31 per bottle)

10 bottles -- $290 (average of $29 per bottle)

12 bottles -- $335 (average of $28 per bottle)

You get a punch card which can be used at any of the dining locations.

You may choose any wine on on the regular wine menu. If you want to buy a wine that costs more than what the package covers, you just pay the difference. For example, if you have a Gold package and buy a wine that costs $46, the charge for $46 will appear on your stateroom account, followed by a $45 credit.

Edited by cboyle

The packages were available on the May 20, 2013, sailing of the Grand Princess. On this 10-day voyage, only the 7- or 10- day packages were offered.

BTW, when we checked in for the cruise at Pier 35, there was a table just after the X-ray machines where carry-on bottles were being inspected and cabin numbers recorded (1 750-ml bottle free per adult, 2 750-ml bottles total free per cabin). We did not have more than the limit, so we cannot comment on how bottles above the limit were being handled as far as a corkage fee being paid or the bottles being marked. Our bottles were not marked.

Note: A 15% gratuity is added to all package prices (like any other bar purchase).

You may choose any wine on on the regular wine menu. If you want to buy a wine that costs more than what the package covers, you just pay the difference. For example, if you have a Gold package and buy a wine that costs $46, the charge for $46 will appear on your stateroom account, followed by a $45 credit.

Good to hear that the Grand is now offering the packages. Interesting about the 2 bottles per cabin as that is not consistent with the Passage Contract which says one bottle per person of drinking age per voyage.

Good to hear that the Grand is now offering the packages. Interesting about the 2 bottles per cabin as that is not consistent with the Passage Contract which says one bottle per person of drinking age per voyage.
Based on numerous threads on this forum, Princess is not applying the new policy consistently across the fleet or even from one sailing to the next of the same ship. It may well be that if you have 4 adults in a quad cabin each one would be allowed to bring a bottle aboard. I am simply reporting what we were told.

This is what the passage contract for my next cruise says:

Passengers agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind on board for consumption except one bottle of wine or champagne per person of drinking age (no larger than 750 ml) per voyage only in his/her carry-on luggage. A corkage fee of $15.00 U.S.D. per bottle (which is subject to change without notice) will be applied to wine and champagne brought aboard by You and consumed in the ship's public areas. Any wine(s) or champagne(s) supplied by the Carrier to You as a gift are not subject to a corkage fee. At embarkation, all luggage will be scanned for suspected alcohol in excess of the one bottle policy as provided herein. Your luggage will undergo a secondary inspection by a security team operating under CCTV (closed circuit surveillance) or in the event Your luggage is locked, You will be notified and are required to attend the secondary inspection where any alcohol found in violation of the one bottle policy will be removed and discarded. Carrier shall not be responsible for any loss, cost, disappointment or damage of any kind as a result of any alcoholic beverages removed in violation of the one bottle policy. You agree to surrender alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty free from the ship's gift shop, or at ports of call, to Carrier, which will be delivered to Your stateroom on the last night of the voyage.

An abbreviated version of this policy was printed on our boarding passes and luggage tags for the cruise on the Grand.

• 1 month later...

Thank you for this detail. Any info on the wine list at the silver/gold price ranges?

We are thinking about booking the Crown for a 14 day cruise in Jan 2104. Hope they have the wine package by then. It won't be a deal breaker, though.

We're just back from a 14-day Baltic cruise on the Crown. It was, indeed, available. We purchased it and it worked out marvelously. Look for it to be marketed in the Horizon Court on embarkation day.

MJ

We're just back from a 14-day Baltic cruise on the Crown. It was, indeed, available. We purchased it and it worked out marvelously. Look for it to be marketed in the Horizon Court on embarkation day.

MJ

Can you give some context about the types of wines available at the silver/gold price points?

Can you give some context about the types of wines available at the silver/gold price points?
You can order any wine from the Wine List. If the bottle is more expensive than the max for your package ($29 or $45) you pay the difference.

I believe it is the normal Princess wine list. If you search, you should find one on here.
Largin has posted the 2013 Wine List with prices.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1814677

Edited by IECalCruiser

Thank you for this detail. Any info on the wine list at the silver/gold price ranges?
As I mentioned in my description of the program, you may choose any wine on the regular wine list; you are not restricted to "silver wines" or "gold wines".

Here is a link to the current wine list. Be aware that sometimes a popular wine may be sold out.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=37697556&postcount=1

Edited by cboyle

The wine package was available on the Crown North Cape 14 days in June. I got the 7 bottle Gold but didn't drink the last one so I gave it to my waiter and asst waiter for their crew parties. Worked out well. Hopefully it will be available on the Royal TA and will do the same. I like to have the option to order any of the wines up to $49.

If Princess does make changes to their carry on wine enforcement policy it will be even more important to have the Wine Bottle Package available on all cruises of 10 days or more as stated by Princess. There have been posts that the package has not been available as advertised. They were doing a lot of trials early in 2012 so I only want to have people post their experiences on cruises that departed September 1, 2012 or later. We were on the Golden for B2B Alaskan cruises in early September. No package for the 7 day cruises but the Maitre d' stated it would be offered on the 14 day Hawaiian cruises. I can't verify that. On our 14 day Panama Canal cruise last month the package was available. I will start the tally with:

Island Princess - 01/09/13 - 14 day Panama Canal - Yes

Diamond Princess 14 day Australia/New Zealand Feb 2013 YES

We have two different booking numbers on our 10 day B2B which is also sold as a 20 day cruise. If we would purchase the 10 bottle wine package, would the remainder be available for our second leg of the cruise?

Second question: Can you buy bottles of liquor for use in your cabin and, if so, could it be something other than what is listed, i.e., Bacardi Limon?

Thank you for any help with this.

Is it unlikely that the package will be available on 8 night cruises? I am going on the Crown on 10th August for 8 nights round Norway.

I believe it is only 10 or more day cruises.

I have friends on the Ocean Princess. They checked with Maitre 'd. It is not offered on their 7 day cruise. but will be offered on my 28 day cruise next month.

We purchased thie silver package on the July 11th sailing around the British Isles. It was not offered but I asked for it. Unlike the soda package, coffee cards and wine tasting events that were extensively advertised. As mentioned in this thread we were able to get more expensive wines and only paid the difference.

This looks great. A search did not show the Royal Princess wine list. Are they all the same fleetwide? Anyone know where i can find it? Any reports on the Royal doing this package?

The wine list is the same fleet wide. It has been posted recently.