Princess Wine Bottle Package Availability

IECalCruiser

Question DOes the Horizon Court Count as a DR?- Don't I remember reading that you can get the wine in the Horizon Court, so theoritically, if you wanted a bottle for you room you could just pop in there and order it, and take it back to your room.

(The DH and I plan on bringing a bottle each for consumption in our room as we get ready in the evening, but I'm not sure 2 bottles are going to last us through a 15 days cruise :D)

We have gotten bottles from the wine package in Horizon Court with no problem.

That is what Princess has said but it has not always been true on my cruises. They said if wine inventory is insufficient they will not offer the package. That has happened to me on 12 (Med) & 18 (TA) day cruises...not enough wine in Europe? :(

I plan to use the package from Buenos Aires to LA & hope they have sufficient inventory to offer the wine package.

We used the wine package on the Grand sailing around South America from Fort Lauderdale to SF a year ago. Although we tried, they did not run out of wine. :)

Are the wine packages on every ship? We are on the Emerald (10 days) in March, can we buy a package.

We were on Emerald in October and they do have wine packages. You can purchase them in the dining rooms. We would take our wine from the dining room back to the room with us.

• 2 weeks later...
Wish I had found it for our last cruise, 7 Day Can & NE in Oct. ;) We could have save some money and enjoyed our cruise all that much more! :rolleyes:

As far as I know, the minimum length of cruise for the packages is 10 day, so your 7 day cruise would not have had one offered.

Edited by Dudleydog73

We are not big wine drinkers but like a glass or two with dinner each evening. When I noticed a Total Wine $7 bottle for $25 - I thought WOW !

But 7 + 15 corkage is $22, so big deal to save $3.

Similarly 7 bottle Silver Wine Package allows me to buy $29 bottle for $23, so $6 saving - but many of the 'Under $29' are $25, so $2 saving.:confused:

Finally a $35 would be $23 plus (35 - 29)=6 so $29 a $6 saving.

Nice bringing those $7 Total Wine bottles for Cabin consumption but not sure the DR charges are worth worrying about.

BTW if they charge corkage for extra bottles brought on board, can they be taken to DR without another corkage ?

Final thought, if they did source wine outside of US they would have to update wine list continually and it would vary ship to ship, port to port, depending on local wines sourced.

We will be on the Sapphire March 9 to Hawaii--I have been told that the wine packages will be available the day of embarkation. I ?'d the small list that is on their website and was told that was only a partial list that it would be much larger on the ship.

We were on the Sapphire 2/2013 and got a wine package. Yes, there are many many more wines than what is listed. We are taking a TA in April on the Emerald...can we take our own wine and just pay a cork fee?

Pepper

BTW if they charge corkage for extra bottles brought on board, can they be taken to DR without another corkage ?

Yes.

We were on the Sapphire 2/2013 and got a wine package. Yes, there are many many more wines than what is listed. We are taking a TA in April on the Emerald...can we take our own wine and just pay a cork fee?

Yes

We are cruising on the Diamond from Sydney to Singapore at the end of the month. It is a 19 day cruise so will the wine package be available?

If it is, do we need to order before we board or after. I cannot find any details of the package on the Princess site. Where should I look.

Thanks for your help.

We are cruising on the Diamond from Sydney to Singapore at the end of the month. It is a 19 day cruise so will the wine package be available?

If it is, do we need to order before we board or after. I cannot find any details of the package on the Princess site. Where should I look.

Thanks for your help.

It should be available although it wasn't on our 18 & 20 cruises due to a lack of inventory. :(

It can only be purchased onboard & even then I have never seen it promoted. I've asked waiters who give a brief verbal description but nothing to read. There's no shortage of flyers for the numerous spa promotions or port shopping but nothing for the wine package.

There are no details available anywhere & if not for CC then I wouldn't know that the wine package existed. :rolleyes:

Edited by Astro Flyer

It should be available although it wasn't on our 18 & 20 cruises due to a lack of inventory. :(

It can only be purchased onboard & even then I have never seen it promoted. I've asked waiters who give a brief verbal description but nothing to read. There's no shortage of flyers for the numerous spa promotions or port shopping but nothing for the wine package.

There are no details available anywhere & if not for CC then I wouldn't know that the wine package existed. :rolleyes:

Thank you for the info. We will make enquiries once on board.

Thank you for the info. We will make enquiries once on board.

In a couple of weeks I'll hopefully be able to use the wine package on a month long cruise. I'm not familiar with many South American wines so I don't want to be disappointed with ones I purchase in ports.

When charged corkage to bring 12 bottles onboard it'd cost $180 to drink them in the MDR. Starting at only $96 more I can drink 12 bottles of wine purchased from Princess which is about $8/bottle for the wine. :D

Edited by Astro Flyer

Does anyone have first hand knowledge the wine package credits cannot be used to purchase a bottle at either Vines or any of the ship's bars? I find it strange that comments I'm reading suggest you can only use the package in the MDR.

That makes no sense to me

Does anyone have first hand knowledge the wine package credits cannot be used to purchase a bottle at either Vines or any of the ship's bars? I find it strange that comments I'm reading suggest you can only use the package in the MDR.

That makes no sense to me

I agree about it not being available at Vines but since others report that most wines from bars are boxed I'm not surprised that it's not available from bars.

I don't recall if it's been posted previously in this thread so my apologies if it's already been posted. If getting the less expensive wine package it's been posted that you can pay the difference for a bottle costing more than $29. If we have the new MDR wine list on our upcoming cruise it might be more cost-effective for us to buy the cheaper package & to pay the difference for a few of the more expensive bottles of wine.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I agree about it not being available at Vines but since others report that most wines from bars are boxed I'm not surprised that it's not available from bars.

I don't recall if it's been posted previously in this thread so my apologies if it's already been posted. If getting the less expensive wine package it's been posted that you can pay the difference for a bottle costing more than $29. If we have the new MDR wine list on our upcoming cruise it might be more cost-effective for us to buy the cheaper package & to pay the difference for a few of the more expensive bottles of wine.

I've purchased bottles of wine inside the Wheelhouse Bar many times. So I know at least some bars have bottles available

Astro - how do you get to $8 a bottle.

Including tip it costs $96 more than the cost of 12 bottles assessed corkage ($180) whether it's done upon boarding or when taking it to the MDR. I divided $96 by 12 bottles and that's how I came up with $8/bottle more for the wine.

I prefer the Princess wines instead of purchasing unknown wines in South American ports. Sometimes I've been very disappointed with wine purchased in port but will try some in my cabin.

We bought the 10 bottle silver package on our 14 day Panama Canal cruise in January of last year. We bought four bottles that cost greater than $29. In each case, we paid the for the cost of the higher price wine (without gratuity) and our on board account was credited with $29. Most of the wines be bought were between $28 and $38.