874 members have voted

1. 1. What is your C&A level?

• Gold
    • Platinum
    • Emerald
    • Diamond
    • Diamond Plus
    • Pinnacle
    • None, never taken a Royal Caribbean cruise.

What's the point of emerald anyways? I just realized today that I have 52 cruise points and I wasnt even excited. I'm looking forward to diamond......one day.:rolleyes:

The point of Emerald was only to create further separation from the Diamond level for anyone with 7 or less cruise credits when RCI made the switch from cruise credits to cruise nights. That is the only reason for that level being there. Anyone with 7 credits got converted to 52 nights and stayed Platinum. Anyone with 8 credits was converted to 69 nights under the newly created "Emerald" level. This 17 point night difference between 7 credits and 8 credits was by far the single biggest gap between any two adjacent cruise credit numbers. Almost all other were 7 night differences except there was a 9 nights difference between 4 and 5 cruise credits.

Speaking as someone who had 7 cruise credits when they made the switch (and especially screwed because I had what would have been my 8th credit booked, fully paid, and less than 2 months away), I'm still pissed about the switch and how it was handled.

Edited by UCF_Knight

Platinum but yet to sail as that. Crossed the line midway on last cruise but it was 15 nt so well on way to Emerald execpt we are likely to try X next since Platinum converts to better Captain's Club benefits over there than we would get on RCI so that will either slow us down on C&A or put on track to catch up and move ahead over there.

Between the two Diamond flavors looks like over 50% Diamond something - not to mention the trans-Diamond levels. Wondering how big a valid sample size has to be considering how many CC members have any involvement with RCI or C&A to begin with and are even still active (or alive :(). A lot of people I saw posting 10-11 years ago are missing. A better measure of sample size would be to know how many people have posted in RCI forum in past 3 years or so.

Platinum, but that does not reflect my cruise experience since I also have many cruises on X that I don't think transferred. I really don't bother since we don't drink so I don't care what level I am at. I also have multiple cruises on each of Princess, HAL, Cunard and Carnival.

Based on your small sample size, I'd say D+ is over represented on this on board as compared to actual numbers of customers at various loyalty levels. (I mean this in the statistical sense...I don't mean I'm not happy with so many of them sharing their depth and breadth of Royal Knowledge:D)

Interesting question, and will be interesting to see if it holds up with more respondents!

Diamond BTW, but I haven't been trying ;-)

Edited by Familygoboston

Gold: Feel inferior to everyone else's status

Platinum: Still inferior, just glad not to be gold anymore

Emerald: red headed step children

Diamond: think they are important and unique, but really aren't

Diamond plus: are kinda special and not afraid to tell you

Pinnacle: Holy crap, you cruise a lot!

I'm bored.. LOL ;)

I'm bored.. LOL ;)

:p Like!

Diamond and it's just our cruise status, not who we are.:p

We'll make D+, but don't have any illusions about Pinnacle.

We were the lucky ones who when Emerald was added, we got to go there after our next cruise. Diamond was delayed by one cruise thanks to the changes. I actually expect more before we hit D+. We'll have 129 cruise points after our March cruise.

Edited by BND

I'm bored.. LOL ;)

Lol, love it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The point of Emerald was only to create further separation from the Diamond level for anyone with 7 or less cruise credits when RCI made the switch from cruise credits to cruise nights. That is the only reason for that level being there. Anyone with 7 credits got converted to 52 nights and stayed Platinum. Anyone with 8 credits was converted to 69 nights under the newly created "Emerald" level. This 17 point night difference between 7 credits and 8 credits was by far the single biggest gap between any two adjacent cruise credit numbers. Almost all other were 7 night differences except there was a 9 nights difference between 4 and 5 cruise credits.

Speaking as someone who had 7 cruise credits when they made the switch (and especially screwed because I had what would have been my 8th credit booked, fully paid, and less than 2 months away), I'm still pissed about the switch and how it was handled.

We were in the same boat (or is that ship). Instead of three more of any length cruises we needed 4 seven night (or some extra suite credits) So we did two in a row in a suite, one seven and one eight night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk