874 members have voted

1. 1. What is your C&A level?

• Gold
    • Platinum
    • Emerald
    • Diamond
    • Diamond Plus
    • Pinnacle
    • None, never taken a Royal Caribbean cruise.

We made Emerald last November, and should be Diamond by our Oasis sailing in November. We only started cruising in 2010, so we are climbing the ladder pretty fast.

As far as Diamond and Diamond Plus being over represented, there is an obvious numerical reason for that! Gold only takes one cruise. You make platinum after 30 nights, then emerald and diamond after only 25 nights each. BUT .... to go to Diamond Plus - you need an additional 95 nights at sea!! That is more then it took to get to Diamond! Then to move to Pinnacle - well, we won't even go there! So you spend a much longer time in both the Diamond and Diamond Plus levels compared to all the previous ones. Hence, they are over represented on your poll!

Of course is you are fortunate enough to be able to sail in suites, you would rise twice as fast!

It's interesting to note that here on Cruise Critic, the percentage of Pinnacle Club members is 2.88%

In the whole scheme of things, with 6 million C&A members, the number of Pinnacle Club members is 0.000048%.

Nice to see such a large percentage here!;):)

Rick

I do not live in Florida either, home is London so I have to travel to Florida when cruising out of there, and Barcelona, Rome, Genoa, Venice etc when cruising Europe. Funny thing is I have never taken a Royal cruise out of Southampton, I did take a cruise to the fjords out of Harwich, but that is the only one.

I have taken 4-5 day cruises mainly in Europe, ( Liberty etc, because that was the options available, and so I usually did b2b ) but that was after the points system was introduced, so I did not benefit fro the old system of a full cruise credit for a 3 day Majesty out of Miami.

BUT those were the rules then, and we all followed them, I know you only passed a comment, but I do not realise why some criticise members with a high number of cruise points, simply because they cruised often. I know many Pinnacle members, and yes some of them had earned that status before the points system was introduced. Sure with the new system it will take longer to move through the various levels, but cruising is now also cheaper than it was years ago, therefore easier to gain those extra points.

However I hope that we all actually cruise because we enjoy it, rather than for points of a couple of free drinks. Happy cruising everyone. :D

............Don't live in FL and never been on a cruise under 7 nights.

Congratulations on D+.

I gather you think most, if not all, Pinnacles live in Florida and sail on short cruises.

Under the old system those two factors would certainly make it MUCH easier to reach that level. And living in Florida certainly makes it easier to cruise period.

I do not live in Florida either, home is London so I have to travel to Florida when cruising out of there, and Barcelona, Rome, Genoa, Venice etc when cruising Europe. Funny thing is I have never taken a Royal cruise out of Southampton, I did take a cruise to the fjords out of Harwich, but that is the only one.

I have taken 4-5 day cruises mainly in Europe, ( Liberty etc, because that was the options available, and so I usually did b2b ) but that was after the points system was introduced, so I did not benefit fro the old system of a full cruise credit for a 3 day Majesty out of Miami.

BUT those were the rules then, and we all followed them, I know you only passed a comment, but I do not realise why some criticise members with a high number of cruise points, simply because they cruised often. I know many Pinnacle members, and yes some of them had earned that status before the points system was introduced. Sure with the new system it will take longer to move through the various levels, but cruising is now also cheaper than it was years ago, therefore easier to gain those extra points.

However I hope that we all actually cruise because we enjoy it, rather than for points of a couple of free drinks. Happy cruising everyone. :D

Obviously we are not Pinnacle only Diamond, however ironically we have also never sailed out of Southampton or even the UK. On the other hand, if we did live in Florida, I know my status would be D+ rather rapidly - think of all those late last minute deals all through the year (if only) :D.

Under the old system those two factors would certainly make it MUCH easier to reach that level. And living in Florida certainly makes it easier to cruise period.

So let's put an asterisk next to all Floridians who have sailed on shorter cruises, and call them Pinnacle Light. :rolleyes: Seriously, if one has reached Pinnacle, (s)he has obviously taken many more cruises and sailed many more nights than the other 6.5M Crown & Anchor members.

Edited by travelgoddess1

So let's put an asterisk next to all Floridians who have sailed on shorter cruises, and call them Pinnacle Light. :rolleyes: Seriously, if one has reached Pinnacle, (s)he has obviously taken many more cruises and sailed many more nights than the other 6.5M Crown & Anchor members.

Hey! Lets not forget us Left Coasters who had that opportunity, too!:p. But not any more....:(

Seriously, if one has reached Pinnacle, (s)he has obviously taken many more cruises and sailed many more nights than the other 6.5M Crown & Anchor members.

This is not necessarily true as one can book a cruise in a JS cabin or above and earn double points for that cruise. Therefore, reaching Pinnacle can be achieved sooner doing fewer cruises/nights. You need 700 points to reach Pinnacle which can be done in "50" 7 night cruises in a JS cabin or above.:D

Nope - but you got to admit it would have made it a bit easier.

Yep. And there are plenty of posters who did get to their status by doing shorter cruises and living in FL and many have posted about it in the past and were proud of it. It's a fact that did occur. It really was a loophole in the system that people who cruised less days but had the same points as those that went on longer cruises. It just was the way it used to be. Isn't anymore.

Gold: Feel inferior to everyone else's status

Platinum: Still inferior, just glad not to be gold anymore

Emerald: red headed step children

Diamond: think they are important and unique, but really aren't

Diamond plus: are kinda special and not afraid to tell you

Pinnacle: Holy crap, you cruise a lot!

I'm bored.. LOL ;)

If you're bored....figure how many credits needed for each level, then an average cost in $$ per credit....

Resulting in cost, or payout to RCI to reach each level....

Then think about what you get in return from RCI for your investment...

I would do it, but I'm not that bored.....

• 3 years later...