Question concerning tenders

Caroldoll

It has been mentioned by some that people with suites have preference for the tenders. Could someone give me an idea of how you do this. Do you just go down when you want to get on and show your room card, or do you have to go somewhere first?

It has been mentioned by some that people with suites have preference for the tenders. Could someone give me an idea of how you do this. Do you just go down when you want to get on and show your room card, or do you have to go somewhere first?

It can work in two ways. If you know in advance when you would would like to Tender, your Butler will get the appropriate tender tickets for you, or, if you decide at the last minute, you may go directly to the Tender and show your World Card in lieu of a ticket.

Our butler told us about this and where to go. We had a gold card (were in an Oceania suite). He said just go straight to the tender deck 4. Show the card. And we did. And next thing we knew we were on the tender. Don't go to the show lounge and ask for a tender ticket.

I told my husband that one of the two of you would answer! I got a home run...both of you. So just go to the beginning of the line with my World Card? Thank you both.

I don't believe anyone said to go to the beginning of the line - that would be rude!

I have seen people in HUGE LINES before the lounge people come. I will ask the proper protocol, but I believe there is a way not to have to wait. There must be a way or why do they advertise priority tender boarding. I believe the first three posters know how to do it.

I am now quite concerned about tenders. This is our first time on Oceania, we prefer smaller ships and on Silversea we have never have to wait for the next tender when going ashore, either independently or with a ship tour. There is no proirity system.

How many pax does each tender carry? Do tours take priority, we have booked several via Oceania but as PH pax, should we make our own way ashore ahead of others? Can someone tell me just how busy the queues get. It is something I really hated about NCL and Celebrity, and was hoping to avoid on Oceania.

Thanks

We're always the first people in the lounge (where one acquires tender tickets) and we've always been on the first tender.

We do mostly independent touring so this works out great for us. We've also done some ship's tours and you will be told when you need to be in the lounge to acquire tender tickets for that particular tour.

I've never seen anyone go to the head of the tender line and show a room pass (which could potentially throw off their count)

Mr Wonderful says that the tenders probably hold ~100 for tendering, 150 for life saving. We've never had a problem with tenders so don't be concerned.

They don't pack the tenders to the full capacity. They told us numbers last cruise but I forget. I don't know about any priority based on accommodation. However they do have two lines n the lounge - for ship's tours and for independent trave they tried to be fair in filling tenders. Of course later on there is open tender - no ticket needed.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are in a suite and hold a gold card with black stripe on top you have priority boarding for the tender. Just show your card to the first security person/crew member where you disembark. You don't have to go to the Marina Lounge.

Archived