Prinsendam - HAL Excursions?

Windsailer

On the other 5 HAL cruises I've taken (Caribbean, Europe) HAL has excursions in each port. On the Prinsendam cruise a few of us are taking this summer..they have posted excursions for only three ports, not the other 5. Is this normal? Does HAL not offer ship excursions in places such as Waterford?

On the other 5 HAL cruises I've taken (Caribbean, Europe) HAL has excursions in each port. On the Prinsendam cruise a few of us are taking this summer..they have posted excursions for only three ports, not the other 5. Is this normal? Does HAL not offer ship excursions in places such as Waterford?

When shore excursions for a cruise start to appear they do not all appear at once. They trickle. Keep checking and more will be available as the cruise gets closer.

When shore excursions for a cruise start to appear they do not all appear at once. They trickle. Keep checking and more will be available as the cruise gets closer.

Yes. The World Cruise excursions for 2014 started popping up yesterday. There were several additional ports today. I also noticed that an overland trip into mainland China was there yesterday, but not today. I wonder if it sold out that quickly or they pulled it for some other reason?

There should generally be excursions for each port, and many of us book Prinsendam cruises WAY in advance so we're more likely to be checking before the excursions get posted than we'd be with other ships and more routine cruises. Prinsendam does occasionally go to seldom visited ports where there aren't true shorex, Ny Alesund and Devil's Island come to mind. Unless you're in a very obscure port, they should show up eventually.

Roy

Just to add to Roy's post - Prinsendam can go to ports that few others go to - it's part of the fun of this ship - we went to a port on the Prinsendam and the people who lived there were thrilled. I don't think a cruise ship had been there ever before:eek: It was a beautiful stop - but yes, there were still shore excursions - we did our own thing - but it was a blast - by the time we sailed out the Elegant Explorer had all kinds of medallions, certificates and gifts. Captain Gundersen recieved special permission to go around the entire island with the help of a pilot. Truly wonderful.

Not on the itinerary and what a great way to head off to cross the Atlantic. Keep looking - they will show up - and yes, a lot of us book early - so if there is one you want - I would be tempted to book. Have fun:)

Prinsendam tends to visit many ports that other HAL ships don't go to. So, there are not contracts set in place for shore excursions; they have to be individually written. This takes time. Shore excursions will be in place, eventually, for most of the ports.

Some ports are too small to support shore excursions, but there will be things of interest---possibly something set up by the port---once you disembark there.

Archived