Thomson Majesty Disaster

I only read about this, this morning and have been out all day but I have to agree with everyone who says it seems more real when it's a cruise line you sail with. I know exactly how you must be feeling Linda.

On Thomsons website it says they are waiting for permission to leave.

I don't think the atmosphere on board will be very good though. People will hardly be in the mood for enjoying themselves. It may be better to end this cruise, out of respect to those who died, and offer passengers credit for a different cruise.

Such a horrible tragedy for all involved my thoughts are with their families now.

We have previously made donations to the crew welfare fund, we just went to reception and made a donation........the reception staff did seem a little taken back as not many do this.....but it can be done. so if any one on board reads this pass on the info.

Thanks for info Topsey did not know you could do this.

We are on the Majesty from the 1st March so we will def. be going to Reception.

Will put it on Fb now.

Such a horrible tragedy for all involved my thoughts are with their families now.

We have previously made donations to the crew welfare fund, we just went to reception and made a donation........the reception staff did seem a little taken back as not many do this.....but it can be done. so if any one on board reads this pass on the info.

Hi topsey, we will in future but I didnt know about it and bet others don't . Shame it cant be made more of and then sure most on board would contribute :):):)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for info Topsey did not know you could do this.

We are on the Majesty from the 1st March so we will def. be going to Reception.

Will put it on Fb now.

Will be going to Reception, too, Mary. I suspect by then that other fundraising activities would be going on. Their families certainly deserve recognition of the sacrifices that have been made and I would expect financial help will be very much needed.

I only read about this, this morning and have been out all day but I have to agree with everyone who says it seems more real when it's a cruise line you sail with. I know exactly how you must be feeling Linda.

On Thomsons website it says they are waiting for permission to leave.

I don't think the atmosphere on board will be very good though. People will hardly be in the mood for enjoying themselves. It may be better to end this cruise, out of respect to those who died, and offer passengers credit for a different cruise.

Thanks happy v. I couldn't get to sleep last night and thought about it as soon as I got up. I thought they might cancel the rest of the cruise and perhaps put people up in hotels for the rest of the week.

I was going to call in the Thomson shop today and ask if there was a fund we could give to, but they were very busy with customers. I may go in tomorrow. Knowing them, though, they probably haven't heard about the accident :rolleyes::rolleyes:

But a very good idea, Linda. However, would Thomson want to advertise it in their travel shops. When I mentioned to friends what had happened, they asked me if I was still going to go!

But a very good idea, Linda. However, would Thomson want to advertise it in their travel shops. When I mentioned to friends what had happened, they asked me if I was still going to go!

That's what happened to me when we were due to travel the week after the September 11th attacks. My friend said surely you're not going to fly? As it happened it was probably the safest time to fly as there was extra security!

No, I don't think Thomson would want to advertise it, but I wondered if Head Office might organize something?

Hi all we are still in la palma not going anywhere tonight just seen loads of Thomson reps arrive by coach on board now expecting some kind of meeting maybe we can't get off the ship been off for only a couple of hours today just had a minutes silence for the five crew members so so sad on here Shirley

Hi all we are still in la palma not going anywhere tonight just seen loads of Thomson reps arrive by coach on board now expecting some kind of meeting maybe we can't get off the ship been off for only a couple of hours today just had a minutes silence for the five crew members so so sad on here Shirley

Thanks for the update Shirley. It must be a really sad atmosphere onboard. I bet most don't really feel like continuing their holiday now.

Thanks for letting us know Shirley.

We all hope that the situation resolves itself soon. The reps turning up seems to show something is going to happen soon.

Is the general feeling to continue or come home.

It must be a terrible situation to be in and everyone involved has our deepest sympathy.

Thanks for the update Shirley. We are all thinking of you. I feel really down today, but it must be terrible for you. Give my regards to Dave if you see him.

Me too Shirley. Hopefully, you will shortly be getting some information about what is going to happen next. I suspect that there will be many who would just prefer to come home.

Just read on the facebook page that the cruise is to be cancelled. A member has had a message from her parent who is a passanger on board.

Sad but possibly for the best. Let the crew grieve and get their heads around what has happened.

I'm sure Thomson will let all onboard cruise at a later date in happier times .:)

I agree. It will be quite a job sorting this out but I guess thats what the reps have been brought in for. Quite a number of passengers would have been on a cruise and stay so they could possibly be transferred to their hotels. Apparently if the information on the facebook page is correct, passengers have been advised that it may take a couple of days for everyone else to be flown home.

Sad but possibly for the best. Let the crew grieve and get their heads around what has happened.

I'm sure Thomson will let all onboard cruise at a later date in happier times .:)

I have just seen on the Thomsons Web page under Travel Alerts, a confirmation that the cruise has been cancelled. Passangers will recieve a refund of the price of their cruise and a discount on their next cruise booking.

Hi Everyone,

Discussions with the relevant authorities are still ongoing and in the absence of a guaranteed departure time we've regrettably taken the decision to cancel the remainder of this cruise.

We're currently looking at travel arrangements for all passengers and will be updating them in the morning. We're keeping all passengers on board up to date with the latest information and have set up a customer care desk on board to answer any immediate questions.

We've flown extra support staff out to La Palma tonight who are onboard providing assistance to our passengers.

Regards,

Dan.

You've done the right thing Thomsons

I had a suspicion that this cruise would have to be curtailed, I dont believe pax could have carried on and enjoyed their holidays with this horrible distressing incident hanging upon them...such a shame for all

so, well done thomsons, I know from personal experience all pax will be well looked after

wont be an easy job getting all home from la palma, its a very small island

may I send my good wishes to all onboard and I hope you’re home soon

Hi

I'm currently on board the Majesty just wanted to say what a brilliant job Thomson have done handling this terrible tragedy.

The cruise has been cancelled which is the right thing and we've been offered a full refund and a discount on future cruise.

The whole crew have been great trying to ensure we all are informed at each stage. I can't fault the way this has been managed. Well done Thomson!

We are waiting to find out when we'll be going home but in the meantime we continue to enjoy the onboard facilities.

Nix

many thaks Nix for taking this time to update us...very much appreciated

we are all terribly concerned for you....very pleasing to hear that you are all being well looked after

its at times like this that Thoms really do show their true forte...well done thoms

I wish you all my best for your homeward journeys

Archived