Thomson Majesty Disaster

I think this is unacceptable. I am aware that the drill now has to take place before the ship sails but you should at least have had the opportunity to attend the drill next day. Even passengers who have changed cabins would be required to attend the drill if they were on board for a second week.

This was not a one off, the Doncaster flight arrives in Tenerife after lifeboat drill every week. So every week there are passangers on board Majesty, some who are new cruisers, who haven't taken part in a drill.

Hi HM,

Customers on a package holiday with us are being given a full refund of their holiday cost, including their flights.

For those who are on a cruise and stay holiday, they're being given a 50% refund of their total holiday cost to cover the cruise element of their holiday. They've also been taken to Tenerife to continue the stay.

All customer's who've been affected by the curtailment of the cruise will be contacted by our After Travel Customer Support Team within 28 days to confirm their refund.

Regards,

Dan.

Hi Dan

Thanks for this reassurance and I just wanted to state again what brilliant customer service we have received. I will without doubt choose Thomson for future holidays as you have managed this awful incident so well.

We flew back yesterday to Newcastle airport where a coach was waiting with Thomson staff who were so helpful to transfer us back to Leeds. The pilot was apologetic, the free food and drink a great gesture and this reassuring message about refunds has made what could have been an awful days travel with a cranky dissapointed 5 year old a much more bearable situation.

Well done again to the Uk team and the ships crew.

Nix111

Welcome back Dave, a very poignant and compassionate post by you. My heart really does go out to all those affected by this.

Shirley, I hope you can salvage the rest of your holiday and enjoy and relax as much as is possible.

Nix, glad to hear that you too are back safe and well and hope your little one was not too affected

Hi Dan

Thanks for this reassurance and I just wanted to state again what brilliant customer service we have received. I will without doubt choose Thomson for future holidays as you have managed this awful incident so well.

We flew back yesterday to Newcastle airport where a coach was waiting with Thomson staff who were so helpful to transfer us back to Leeds. The pilot was apologetic, the free food and drink a great gesture and this reassuring message about refunds has made what could have been an awful days travel with a cranky dissapointed 5 year old a much more bearable situation.

Nix111

So glad you got home OK, thanks for all the updates and hope your little one is OK

Good to hear first hand how well Thomson have looked after you all and pleased to know the crew are on stand down, they will need it.

Great to get an update Dave of what is currently going on out at the ship hopefully Thomson will make a statement very soon on any findings and update those meant to be travelling out Friday. I suspect decisions are out of Thomson hands at the moment.

Hi Dan

Nix111

Hi Nix , welcome back and great to hear your comments about how Thomsons looked after you all, they always seem to come up trumps when things go wrong and im sure it must have been so upsetting for everyone involved.

Well done Thomson !:)

Welcome home Nix & Dave and hope Shirley is able to relax a while before she flies back from Tenerife.

So pleased to hear that you were so well looked after during what must have been an upsetting time. I knew Thomson would do it; they have looked after so many before in other difficult situations. It just shows that it is worth travelling with such a reputable & caring company.

So glad you're both back home now Dave been wondering how you were getting on yes the crewe were so dignified and wonderful and that is why i will continue to cruise with Thomson thanks everybody for your care and compassion love Shirley x

I hope they have cancelled next weeks cruise. I know it may be dissapointing for those due to go on holiday but under the circumstances it would be the best thing. It would give Thomson chance to make sure everything is ok with the ship and more importantly give the crew a bit of breathing space and time to come to terms with what has happened.

Sodafountain you were correct in an early post, emotions are running high! I never thought for a second that your posts were directly aimed at infoqueen or any other individual. I do also feel that some of the comments that were specifically directed at you were nothing more than sarcasm oh yes the lowest form of wit! I realise that you are only trying to make a valid point for the consideration of people thinking of booking a cruise.

This sort of heated and argumentative situation is just another problem of forum, fb or text chat, tone doesn't always come across as intended. Come on guys this tragic accident is bad enough without starting a fight on here, we are all sympathetic and concerned. :confused:

Well, i offered an apology if my comments were misunderstood, and none of those that jumped on me can even be bothered to reply, even though they are supposed to be the "friendlier" forum users, so that's it, i have removed my future sailings from my signature, and i won't be bothering any of you again.

Lets hope you can all treat future forum members with more courtesy that i have been shown, for only telling the truth, otherwise this will be a quiet place.

Well, i offered an apology if my comments were misunderstood, and none of those that jumped on me can even be bothered to reply, even though they are supposed to be the "friendlier" forum users, so that's it, i have removed my future sailings from my signature, and i won't be bothering any of you again.

Lets hope you can all treat future forum members with more courtesy that i have been shown, for only telling the truth, otherwise this will be a quiet place.

I don't think you should go, we've had a few debates havnt we but that's all part and parcel of the forum and I think it's good to hear everyone's views.

You've definitely helped me in the past, such a shame if you might leave, sure you would be missed .

Sent from my Galaxy S111 using Tapatalk! !

Just an update on the compensation

I arrived home last night at 10.45

got a letter from Thomson this morning stating as i was in my second week of a 14 nighter I will get a 50% refund of the full cost of the holiday.

Fair enough for me.

there will also be voucher with a discount on a future cruise. As i am not cruising with Thomson this summer or next winter this does not concern me but please don't moan when you find out it is £100

ps there was a large donations box in reception. It was stuffed so full i had to force my donation through the slot.

i will get round to comments on the cruise eventually. suffice it to say with the right itinery and price i would cruise on Majesty again.

Back to the little glitches with the repatriation.

The penultimate flight was to Belfast. they were still waiting when we left for gatwick an hour later.

some people missed their transfers to Tenerife because they were told on tuesday moring by a services rep that the would not be leaving until Wednesday and went ashore. when they got back they found a letter in their cabin with a tuesday transfer which had already left - oops!. all sorted though and they went on Wednesday.

the indepenant travellers were transferred to their arrival ports and given hotel accomodation until their original flight times.

Crikey thats a thought ! Cant remember her name or would ask her and check all ok :confused:

I started a new post this am on FB fao the lady concerned. Her name is there. It's regarding the cabin card having DP on now, not AI, because she queried how the bar people knew if you were on AI. Does that make sense?

Archived