Port Day Spa Specials

Cruisin' Cool CAT

On our upcoming Triumph cruise we port in Progreso and Cozumel....we've done this itinerary a few time in the past and we've talked about staying onboard while in Progreso...I was thinking about taking advantage of the Spa Specials they offer on port days...Does anyone have a particular one they would suggest?

Thanks!

What you choose to do in the spa is a very individual choice!

I often stay on board in one port and use a spa special.

Usually they have one price and you can pick 2 or 3 treatments from a list. I like massages of various types. I don't like facials but that is just me.

What you choose to do in the spa is a very individual choice!

I often stay on board in one port and use a spa special.

Usually they have one price and you can pick 2 or 3 treatments from a list. I like massages of various types. I don't like facials but that is just me.

Very true :)

Oh, another question I intended to ask was...when's the best time to book the appointment?

Thanks so much!

I always book a spa treatment on port days. Normally late in the afternnon or early evening. I like the combo seaweed thing (don't know what it is called) and scalp massage. I have fibromyalgia and can't stand to have anyone touch my legs as it hurts The seaweed thing is cold and warmth.

I also have fibromyalgia and leg/hip pain. It doesn't flare up as much in warmer climates as it does here in the cold/damp weather. Thanks for mentioning it though - could you give more of a description on it?

I don't see the whole list of spa special in any of the Fun Times that I have saved! I wait until I am on board to book the port specials. They usually have a big billboard advertising them in an area near the shops on the ship. They make it quite visible!!

I also like the scalp massage along with various other body massages.The "seaweed thing" sounds like a wrap where they sort of wrap you like a mummy and it is usually quite relaxing.

The seaweed wrap thing is awesome! When I did it on Carnival Dream, it was like a 2.5 hour treatment. I think it is only worth doing if they have the floaty bed thingy (not the actual name for it :D) The floaty bed surrounds your body with water (but you don't get wet--it is like a waterbed on crack) and makes you feel totally weightless. They slather you in warm seaweed mud and wrap you up like a mummy and turn on the floaty bed. They do several steps similar to this, then you get a full body massage.

I was going to do this same treatment on Crown Princess but they didn't have the floaty bed, so no go for me. Hoping they have it on Breeze next month:)

After the treatment, they will bring in literally $500 worth of products to try to sell you (I added them up):eek: That is the only downside. I would do so many more treatments if I didn't get the hard sale at the end.

I pre-booked 3 port day spa treatments for the 10% off (not much, but I'll take it) so I was able to get my preferred times.

Now I am looking for sea day treatments and hoping Carnival offers some kind of package deals. Has anyone see recent offers for sea days?

FYI - Advise them up front, day one, that you do NOT want any product offers. It works. I tip accordingly (and I do tell them that if they bother me with sales pitches, it will affect my gratuity).

On our upcoming Triumph cruise we port in Progreso and Cozumel....we've done this itinerary a few time in the past and we've talked about staying onboard while in Progreso...I was thinking about taking advantage of the Spa Specials they offer on port days...Does anyone have a particular one they would suggest?

Thanks!

We did the combination- where you get a 20 minute facila, 20 minute massage and a 20 minute body scrub. It was ok and less expensive that at sea- but it really wasn't great. I've also done the in port 50 or 60 minute massage and manicures and pedicures and unfortunately was not impressed. Maybe some ships are better than others but I did not have a good experience on the Glory or Legend. I didn't even bother on the Dream because of those experiences. I did get my hair done and a little make up on the Fantasy and it was well worth it.

We spend our port days on the ship in Nassau and Cozumel chilling in the sea of empty loungers, reading and relaxing.

Whatever you do- have tone of fun anf happy sailing!!!!

• 1 month later...

There were flyers left in our cabin each night with the Fun Times that had all of the spa specials. It didn't appear to me that any of them were better for port vs. sea days.

I did a combination of 3, 25 minute each for $129 on our last sea day. There were 5 or 6 to choose from. I did back/neck massage, foot and ankle massage, and a facial. I believe there was a full body exfoliation and a scalp massage for choices too.

This was my first spa treatment on a cruise and I anticipated the product sale. I sat there and listened to it, then politely declined. But next time, I think I'll let them know up front I'm not interested in the "pitch."

The sea weedy thing was 139.00 also. One of the other posters was right. You get wrapped in a blanket after the sea weed paste is slathered on you and then it gets warm. You then shower it off. She did the scalp thing while I was getting warm under the blanket. Since they do not massage you it does not trigger fibromyalgia for me.

As far as the floaty bed I don't remember ever having it on a Carnival ship( I normally do at land based spas) but I still love it. Can't wait until I am on the Splendor to have one again!

As far as the upsell on products. I have always very nicely told the person that is doing the massage in the very beginning-I know you have products to sell, but I am not interested in hearing about them and if I see something on your shelf I will purchase it and make sure you get the credit. It has always worked for me.

I pre-booked 3 port day spa treatments for the 10% off (not much, but I'll take it) so I was able to get my preferred times.

Now I am looking for sea day treatments and hoping Carnival offers some kind of package deals. Has anyone see recent offers for sea days?

FYI - Advise them up front, day one, that you do NOT want any product offers. It works. I tip accordingly (and I do tell them that if they bother me with sales pitches, it will affect my gratuity).

I usually get a massage of some sort on the first night or first sea day, which is usually the next day. And I have booked other treatments on the first day for later in the week. Subsequently I have found that treatments I got early in the week were discounted later in the week. I'll bet you can at least wait until you board to see what specials are offered on various days. I do like the combination offers where you get several treatments for one price.

I did not do a spa massage on my last 5 day, really affected the whole level of relaxation I want to meet for a getaway...I have decided i know they are spendy but a must,.. nothing beats the pamper splurge with no driving and floating around on the sea..it really makes my cruise..and a least 2 spread out,,,heaven..that wrap sounds good...the pick 3 20 min services out of 5...a deal for a discount was 99 when I did it way back in 2009 on Paradise. Great way to find if a Massuse is good..and then can request somone with his/her technique and style for your next one....Sarah

Archived