Fire on Carnival Triumph. No engines, running on emergency generators.

nixonzm

They just showed a news conference at the Mobile Port. Once the ship gets in the channel it will take 7 to 10 hours to get to the dock. Docking will take longer because the winches that drop the tow lines are not working and the ship has to be tied down before the passengers can get off.

The ship will dock tonight, once it is in the channel there is no way to hold it there.

Can you provide a link to any post in which a first hand account was said to be untrue?

I'm not going back to find it, but there was at least one poster a couple of days ago saying that people who were posting texts from those aboard the ship were making it up or being overly dramatic.

Thanks for the website. We usually don't have our TV on during the day and we usually don't watch CNN but we have it on now.

Can't wait to hear the stories from the passengers when they finally come ashare.

It's possible that the media may not even be able to access the passengers. They are being kept outside the terminal, and the way the terminal is set up with an attached parking garage, it's conceivable that they could board the buses inside the terminal and be whisked away without ever stepping foot outside the terminal. I'm sure that is what Carnival would like to happen.

I think they said flights will start Friday afternoon. So assuming the hit the hotel at 2 AM they can at least get a few hours of shuteye.

I wonder if Carnival has any practical way to provide clean clothing. Most people are probably way out of supplies.

There is a practical way of doing it using hospital style scrubs, I would be very, very surprised if Carnival bothers to try.

A new low CNN has the kid on the ship live on the air.:rolleyes:

I now remember why I stopped watching this channel years ago. How condescending. Mr. Rogers spoke to people with higher IQ's.

This girl told the interviewer she JUST spoke to her mother, and she puts her on the air with her mother, who has her TV on.

At least I can see my old room. It was right above the C in Carnival.

A new low CNN has the kid on the ship live on the air.:rolleyes:

All's she is saying is the truth. Would you rather her break into a Cathie Lee Gifford cheer?

These people are miserable, and those that say they got a free cruise, $1000 and a discount off another trip have not experienced what this is like aboard.

Carnival has work to do, lots of it.

Offical press conf. going to be live shortly from the port.

They are standing by:

http://www.local15tv.com/content/livestream/default/Carnival-Triumph-Making-its-Way-To-Mobile/iAebEeXnhUyKqbAckjeFNQ.cspx

If I was on that ship with that CNN helicopter zooming in on me, I'd flip them off. I feel so bad for those poor people on the ship. MEDIA...leave them the F.... alone.

I find it interesting that Marinetraffic dot com show several CCL ships and their locations at the moment, but Triumph is suspiciously absent from the map???:confused: You'd think they'd know exactly where she is.

BTW Cindy, I'd trust what Paul says pretty much without question, he works in the maritime industry.

If you go to shipfinder.co

You well see this ship hasn't been seen on the AIS for several days. Probably been turned off to conserve power for other electronics.

OMG, the kid's on now... his daughter... mom onshore in Mobile

She does not sound like the hysterical crying little girl her mother described the other night...boo to CNN. WTG to this young lady...she sounds like she could go far in life if her mom lets her grow up...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

How many planes to fly 3,000+ passengers ? Who gets the first flight ? The second ? The third ?

Where do you house the thousand or so passengers who have to wait a few days for their flight ?

Well if I owned a multi-million dollar business in the travel field, where customer satifaction is your life-blood...I'd figure out a way to make things "right".

you know if it was me on the ship.... I would take myself and find a means to stay the night and fly out on my own accord. No matter what CCL offers, I have to take responsibility of my well being. I would use the $500 that CCL will be giving me along with the credit for the cruise and get my own rear end home!

Is it really CCL's fault that this happened? probably not. Stuff happens and sometimes you can't just wait around for "someone to take care of me".

Carnival has booked hundreds of rooms in Mobile for staff and crew. They flew in 200 staff to assist with disembarkation yesterday. Obviously, the crew cannot stay onboard as the ship is uninhabitable until they get it into drydock and clean it up. Carnival will be in Mobile for the long haul. Airport logistics dictated that they fly out of a larger airport than the facilities in Mobile. They will have about 20 chartered jets to transport passengers to Houston. They will be using about 100 motor coaches to transport passengers to NOLA, Houston and Galveston. Passengers will have the option to choose where they want to go. Customs will board the ship at the same time as the harbor pilots and will clear the passengers before they disembark at the terminal, so that is one delay eliminated. I've heard that the CDC is also on hand, so no telling if the passengers will also have to go through a decontamination procedure as well. What a cluster, huh?

Wow, I guess there is no easy solution. I would have hoped they could feed these poor people a hot meal and let them shower before sending them on a long bus ride.

She does not sound like the hysterical crying little girl her mother described the other night...boo to CNN. WTG to this young lady...she sounds like she could go far in life if her mom lets her grow up...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Agree. Very well spoken, and is outwardly acknowledging that conditions are pretty horrible, but seemingly handling it well!

Not even a "quiver" in her voice at this time.

Archived