Fire on Carnival Triumph. No engines, running on emergency generators.

nixonzm

So far I have seen the news media interview several passengers, all were very positive about the way things were handled and said the crew did an excellent job. Did NOT hear anyone say they were told to not speak to the meida. Have not heard an interview with anyone that was mad, as hard as the news people work to try to bring that out.

Doug

So far I have seen the news media interview several passengers, all were very positive about the way things were handled and said the crew did an excellent job. Did NOT hear anyone say they were told to not speak to the meida. Have not heard an interview with anyone that was mad, as hard as the news people work to try to bring that out.

Doug

There was one woman who said she'd been told not to stop and talk to the media but it wasn't clear if it was someone on the ship, someone in the terminal, or her husband who was ahead "getting" something who said this.

Doug

You obviously have not heard the same interviews I have - or you are just spinning things

two different people reported Carnival told them not to speak to reporters

Yes - everyone praised the crew but numerous talked about how bad the conditions were onboard, how they were upset at Carnival (not the crew but the mgmt), how they would not cruise with Carnival again

Of course the Pierce Morgan show has to go for the bad pun of "Triumph and Tragedy"

I have to admit, I was expecting more of the angry stories than I have seen so far. I think it shows that the crew did one great job. But, did they say they were unloading from upper decks down? If that is the case, some of the worst stories are on those lower decks. Might be some real fireballs in a couple of hours.

So very sick CNN...IMO they were cutting pax off when all they had to say we're they tried to stay positive' date=' the crew did the best they could, yada yada yada...[/quote']

i've been flipping back n forth between cnn and fox news. OMG fox news had the sleaziest people reporters and they were finding the nastiest people to interview. people talking about how their backs were hurting and how they think they had infections. i couldn't believe the slimeballs that gravitate towards fox news.

Saw another Carnival commercial tonight, that I haven't seen before. This one had a dad on deck, laying in a lounge chair, thinking about the vacation they took last year. They then cut to the family being stuck upside down on a roller coaster.

They might want to think about pulling that one. :) It played twice within an hour too.

i've been flipping back n forth between cnn and fox news. OMG fox news had the sleaziest people reporters and they were finding the nastiest people to interview. people talking about how their backs were hurting and how they think they had infections. i couldn't believe the slimeballs that gravitate towards fox news.

Really? I've heard quite a few grateful passengers interviewed on Fox. The worst two were the women on CNN IMHO. Does that mean CNN attracts the "nastiest people" and "slimeballs" too? :rolleyes:

You obviously have not heard the same interviews I have - or you are just spinning things

two different people reported Carnival told them not to speak to reporters

Yes - everyone praised the crew but numerous talked about how bad the conditions were onboard, how they were upset at Carnival (not the crew but the mgmt), how they would not cruise with Carnival again

Nothing about any of this on Fox News & they have interviewed numerous people, NO spin here. Maybe it's you that are trying to spin things.

Doug

Nothing about any of this on Fox News & they have interviewed numerous people, NO spin here. Maybe it's you that are trying to spin things.

Doug

Two different people on CNN have confirmed this, as have accounts on Twitter.

I work media, this is not unusual for companies to be in damage control by instructing to avoid media.

Watching MSNBC and they seem to be finding the upbeat people who are saying that conditions were bad and it was scary at times, but the crew was great and fellow passengers came together and helped each other.

I heard from someone in another emergency situation that CNN doesn't want to talk to people unless they have acomplaint or something bad to say. The person said they told the reporter that it wasn' t as bad as it was being made out and the reporter moved on to someone else.

FYI, Carnival gave away the bathrobes because it was cold last night. The passengers were told they could keep them.

Two girls that MSNBC interviewed offered their future cruise credit for sale. They said they were off cruising at least for the near future. I'm guessing they are not alone.

Archived