safest and cheapest way from miami airport to f.l. hotel

tazmancruiser

I am having problems finding a reasonable price and safe way to get from Miami Intl airport to the Quality Inn and Suites in Holloywood, Fl.

Limo service wanted $125. Quality Inn doesn't go to M.I. Airport.

Reservation person at hotel did recommend using train or bus because of safety issues at night.

I did get transfer through Holland from the ship to airport after the cruise. But they can't help me because I booked the hotel on my own not through them.

I know I should have booked flights to Fort Lauderdale instead of Miami. But there was a time problem.

Any suggestions how to get from Miami Intl. Airport to the Quality Inn and Suites?? Thank you

From Miami Airport, there is a free "people mover" that will take you to the Metrorail Station. You take Metrorail to the Trirail Station and catch a train to Fort Lauderdale where to get a taxi to your hotel. You can check Trirail schedules on the internet. I believe this is perfectly safe; folks are always overstating the safety and crime issues in Miami. The more dissuading factor is that it is a very convoluted method of travel particularly if you are lugging suitcases.

I know I would reserve the limo and not have to drag luggage at night through several train stations. The limo driver will handle your luggage and take you right to the hotel. Well worth the cost and when you look at the price of your entire trip and cruise and the inconveniene of other options it is not that much.

We have gone from the FLL airport to Miami airport using the Red Coach bus. It was wonderful--convenient, reasonable, and comfortable (big leather seats with leg rests, wifi [that works], outlet plug for every seat). We paid $30/person.

http://www.redcoachusa.com/bus-fort-lauderdale

We stay at the HGI--FLL. We take the shuttle back to the airport at check out, catch the Red Coach, and relax until we pull up at the curb at Miami airport.

You would be best to try one of the shuttles, they are good between the two airport. mia and ftl. When you get to the airport the quality inn should pick you up. Email them with the time of your arrival to ftl to be and check on their hours of operation from airport to hotel.

Archived