Fire Aboard Carnival Triumph

sapper1

Not docked.

It is very impressive hearing all the great comments about the crew.

I just listened to a couple giving an interview from the ship and they were so complimentary about how hard the crew was working yet smiling and kind and helpful in every imaginable way.

IF, IF the reporting is accurate, Carnival Cruise Line has said any crew who are near to their vacation will be paid and sent home early and the others will be sent to other ships for 12 weeks. I imagine that is the length of time they estimate they need to repair the ship.........

IF the reporting I heard is accurate. ;)

Interesting study in human nature, watching the interviews. It ranges from "terrible, worst experience of my life, no compensation is enough, will never cruise again" etc etc, to "the crew was fantastic, it was OK, everyone pulled together, I'll cruise again" etc etc

First of all, I'm happy they are back on dry land. Saw an ambulance take someone and see that some people are coming off in wheelchairs and families with children.

I'm glad to hear people praising the crew. Sounds like they really helped to keep things together and I hope there is compensation from Carnival for that crew.

I'm sure there will be some people who will say they will never cruise again - some will say they will cruise but not with Carnival. Still others will think they got a free cruise and they have a discount on the next one, so let's get it booked. Everyone processes things differently.

Just happy they are all home safe.

According CNN, passengers have been offered full reimbursement of the cruise and any on board expenses, hotels, flights home, a future cruise and $500.

Since they disembarked at a port which was not the original port, they are legally responsible to put the passengers up and get them home (according to CNN).

A couple of passengers being interviewed do not sound happy at all with this.

First of all, I'm happy they are back on dry land. Saw an ambulance take someone and see that some people are coming off in wheelchairs and families with children.

I'm glad to hear people praising the crew. Sounds like they really helped to keep things together and I hope there is compensation from Carnival for that crew.

I'm sure there will be some people who will say they will never cruise again - some will say they will cruise but not with Carnival. Still others will think they got a free cruise and they have a discount on the next one, so let's get it booked. Everyone processes things differently.

Just happy they are all home safe.

I just heard on The Today Show that the person in the ambulance was a lady who broke her leg. Apparently the ship was listing and when she got up, the ship jerked causing her to fall and suffer the fracture. Two of her friends told this story to Matt Lauer and Samantha Guthrie (sp) in an interview.

If I heard correctly, they said the CEO of Carnival Corp. carried her luggage with her to the ambulance.

From what I'm hearing, and piecing together, those on lower decks and who had interior cabins had the worst time of it- not a surprise. They were the ones in the tent city. So- my husband will now forever get his wish: balcony cabins. He's never been in an inside and I've tried to sell him on it but no way. He's also bringing flashlights (we already do), bottled water and MRE's (!!) on our next cruise. I don't even want to cruise again for a very long time. I have a feeling that something worse will happen soon and the industry will wake up, stop charging $300 for a 5 day cruise, and fully revamp the way they do business. Wishful thinking, I know...

From what I'm hearing, and piecing together, those on lower decks and who had interior cabins had the worst time of it- not a surprise. They were the ones in the tent city. So- my husband will now forever get his wish: balcony cabins. He's never been in an inside and I've tried to sell him on it but no way. He's also bringing flashlights (we already do), bottled water and MRE's (!!) on our next cruise. I don't even want to cruise again for a very long time. I have a feeling that something worse will happen soon and the industry will wake up, stop charging $300 for a 5 day cruise, and fully revamp the way they do business. Wishful thinking, I know...

Yes, it certainly appears that those in the verandas were better off. At least they could go to their balcony.

Archived