Back to ncl have questions

Cruisegirl6

Its been years since I last took NCL and very much looking forward to going on the Breakaway. I do have questions as NCL has changed alot during the past few years if anybody can help us it be very appreciated.

1- We do want to dine in the speciality restaurants, I read about "dining coupons" is there such a thing, where do you get them, when can you get them, how do you use them are you able to prebook the restaurants with these coupons or must you wait until you get on the ship?

2- I read that NCL has an alcoholic drink package, what is the cost, where do you get these on the ship or can we purchase them prior to boarding, what is the limit of drinks, is there a special list of drinks it covers and is the tip included in the price? Does each person in the cabin must purchase (my sister in law does not drink but my brother in law like to get one)?

3- Does anybody have the menu's to the MDR?

4- What is the best place to have breakfast and lunch?

5- What time is the MDR breakfast open till in other words when they stop serving breakfast food and what time do they start serving lunch?

6- After 11pm what is there besides room service to eat?

Its been years since I last took NCL and very much looking forward to going on the Breakaway. I do have questions as NCL has changed alot during the past few years if anybody can help us it be very appreciated.

1- We do want to dine in the specialty restaurants, I read about "dining coupons" is there such a thing, where do you get them, when can you get them, how do you use them are you able to prebook the restaurants with these coupons or must you wait until you get on the ship?

2- I read that NCL has an alcoholic drink package, what is the cost, where do you get these on the ship or can we purchase them prior to boarding, what is the limit of drinks, is there a special list of drinks it covers and is the tip included in the price? Does each person in the cabin must purchase (my sister in law does not drink but my brother in law like to get one)?

5- What time is the MDR breakfast open till in other words when they stop serving breakfast food and what time do they start serving lunch?

I would also like to know the MDR menu ? this will be our first NCL cruise and want to book specialty restaurants and want to know what days to do so.

1- We do want to dine in the speciality restaurants, I read about "dining coupons" is there such a thing, where do you get them, when can you get them, how do you use them are you able to prebook the restaurants with these coupons or must you wait until you get on the ship?

1. Can't answer this one for you. Sorry.

2. $49 a day plus 15% tax. No limit on number of drinks, wine up to $10 a glass is included, top shelf (Patron, Maker's Mark) not included. I was at the H20 Spice bar, and someone asked for a Grey Goose and cranberry, and the bartender said GG was not included in the package, but Absolut/Stoli/Smirnoff was. All people in the cabin who are old enough to drink have to purchase, unless you have a medical note or some other proof that another adult can't drink.

3. I don't have pics, but I remember there being French Onion Soup, Salmon tartare (like a little cake of minced salmon and herbs), pork medallions, NY strip, chicken breast, salmon on the menu every night. I also believe the braised lamb shank was on the everyday menu and it was excellent. the first night was surf and turf with lobster tail. I had mahi mahi one night (from the changing daily menu) and it was dry, but lemon pepper tilapia another night was good. Also the Jamiacan jerk chicken was a special one night that a fellow diner said was excellent.

4. It depends on what you want. I only had breakfast in Taste on disembarkation day , and had eggs benedict that were good. Otherwise, I grabbed cold smoked salmon and eggs from the buffet/Garden Cafe, or had an omelet made. If you get food from the buffet, you can take it downstairs to La Cucina to sit and eat (stairs are all the way forward in the Garden Cafe).

5. Not sure, but by around 11:00, only half of the Garden Cafe was serving breakfast, the other side was prepping for lunch. I can check dialies and see.

6. I think O'Sheehan's has a late night snack menu, but I never tried it.

These types of promos change all the time. What is available right now may no longer apply by the time you sail, and new promos may have taken their place. It's best to wait closer to sailing to see what will be available at that time. There are several different things being tested right now, so everything is subject to change.

The package can be purchased once you board, but as of right now cannot be purchased in advance. Details of that package have been well outlined by the poster above. Everyone of legal drinking age in the cabin must purchase the package.

There are numerous posts containing the menus, but again, these could change by the time you sail. Do a search for menus and you'll come up with plenty of info.

The Breakaway has not sailed yet, so really no one can answer this question with any certainty. Once she sails there are bound to be plenty of reviews which will help you.

If I recall correctly, the MDR stops serving breakfast at either 9:30 or 10:00. Sorry I can't help more on that one. It's been years since I ate either meal there. Someone else will surely clarify.

Again, since the Breakaway has not sailed yet, no one can definitively answer this question. However, all NCL ships have one 24-hour dining option. Once she sails, look for reviews and this question will surely be answered correctly.

You might also want to check out the thread titled "All things Breakaway" as it contains LOTS of information.

Happy cruising! :D

Thank you to both of you, anybody else care to comment?

Msmarvel- Its nice knowing that somebody can get a medical note and not have to pay for the alcoholic package but have their other half get one if this is their situation.

WaldoPepper- Thank you!

Regarding Cagneys (steakhouse), its a steakhouse but I noticed that the only appetizers are all seafood (I hate seafood) would they happen to give me a fruit salad if I asked for one or something else?

Forgot to mention that you can buy the ultimate drink package - as well as the wine package - from any bartender. I didn't see them set up at tables as I have seen on other cruise lines. This might be different for Breakaway in the future.

I'm sure fruit salad would not be an issue. As long as it's something they have in the kitchen, they aim to please.

I think that the best place for breakfast is the MDR, but we do eat in the buffet once in a while.

If we're in port, we try to have lunch in local restaurants. Otherwise, we might grab something from the buffet & find a poolside table. It all depends upon weather, and our mood.

I can't answer about the drink package because we don't do it. Too expensive. I might consider the soda deal, if it allows juice.

Blue Lagoon is a great place for late night food and I think one part of the buffet should be open as well. There are not always specialty dining coupons, so don't get your heart set on that. I would seriously doubt they would be available on Breakaway for quite some time. As far as menus go, NCL has 14 days of standard menus for the entire fleet. Usually the same days are used on the 7 night cruises but they can be in different orders so even if I posted the menus from the Star, that doesn't mean that is what would show up on the Breakaway. Maybe after the ship starts sailing it's regular itinerary, someone will be able to post the menus directly from Breakaway.

Blue Lagoon is a great place for late night food and I think one part of the buffet should be open as well. .
OP was asking about Breakwawy and I don't think there is a Blue Lagoon on Breakaway. But there is O'Sheehans....which I believe is also on Epic. So did O'Sheehans take the place of Blue Lagoon? Is it very similiar??

OP was asking about Breakwawy and I don't think there is a Blue Lagoon on Breakaway. But there is O'Sheehans....which I believe is also on Epic. So did O'Sheehans take the place of Blue Lagoon? Is it very similiar??

You're right. I keep forgetting that. I hope O'Sheehans will be serving some of the same types of comfort foods as Blue Lagoon. Supposed to be more of a pub atmosphere (which I'm not a fan of) with "Irish/American comfort foods."

Archived