Gym Rats, how do you behave on vacation?

While I was still doing cardiac rehab, I started using the ship's gym.  I was very pleased to see that they had a couple of the machines that I had been using in rehab and spent the same amount of time on them as I did in rehab.  I enjoyed it.  And, just as I found in rehab, the gym was a great place to meet new people whose goals were similar to mine.  

Now that "Arthur" has come to reside in my spine and hips, I wonder if I over did those work outs for too long.  I continued my rehab routine long after the insurance stopped paying for it. 

But, I certainly felt better when I was regularly exercising than I do now.   

On 2/8/2022 at 4:17 PM, rkacruiser said:

While I was still doing cardiac rehab, I started using the ship's gym.  I was very pleased to see that they had a couple of the machines that I had been using in rehab and spent the same amount of time on them as I did in rehab.  I enjoyed it.  And, just as I found in rehab, the gym was a great place to meet new people whose goals were similar to mine.  

Now that "Arthur" has come to reside in my spine and hips, I wonder if I over did those work outs for too long.  I continued my rehab routine long after the insurance stopped paying for it. 

But, I certainly felt better when I was regularly exercising than I do now.   

I teach Silver Sneakers and a mantra of ours is "move it or lose it". It sounds like you feel better when you move it.  If you have a Y close to you, see if they have Silver Sneakers.  Your insurance might pay for your membership to the Y.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

I teach Silver Sneakers and a mantra of ours is "move it or lose it". It sounds like you feel better when you move it.  If you have a Y close to you, see if they have Silver Sneakers.  Your insurance might pay for your membership to the Y.

Yes, my Y does offer that program (and I have used it in the past); insurance did cover the cost.  At this point in my life, I think I have "lost it".  I injured a knee on an Alaskan cruise and, upon my doctor's recommendation, did not resume my exercise regime when I returned.  I think following his advice was an error.  But, on the other hand, that knee is still "not right".  

• 8 months later...

I have been into bodybuilding/lifting for over 15 years, I literally do not think I could not stop or take a pause while on vacation, it is just a part of me. So personally except for indulging in some carb overload, I am pretty disciplined, plus I am always conscious presenting a good role model for my son. Having said that, I would never judge anyone on vacation, doing or eating or exercising or not, totally up to them! Josh.

• Like 2