Rice served at Samba Grill?

This may sound like a really trivial question, but I must ask for my Brazilian boyfriend.

Being Brazilian, my boyfriend always always (according to him) eats some form of rice with his meat-based meals. And it is true... I always have to have cooked rice available for most dinners. It's just a comfort thing for him... he feels something is "off" when there isn't rice. Now, he understands when he is dining out he cannot expect rice everywhere, and I told him as such that in the MDR and many other places he should not expect rice to cap off a meal. BUT, he really wants to eat at Samba Grill. He says that Brazilian steak houses are really expensive, especially in Brazil where they can go upwards of 150R (Brazilian Reals), or about $75 USD per person.

HOWEVER, he will not eat at a proper Brazilian steakhouse if they do not serve rice. I do not see rice on the menus, just cheese bread... SO. Anyone dined at Samba Grill know whether they serve rice as an option?

Sorry for the explanation... haha

There is an area that is a salad bar type of area, while not strictly a salad bar there were several items there. I wonder if Gambee got a picture, he got almost the whole ship. I'm thinking there was rice there, but I wouldn't bet my wife on it. When are you going? If its after early May, I'd be happy to report back.

Here is video of what is available, no rice. The Samba grill is the Solarium Cafe during the day and I know they have rice. I'm sure if you asked the staff they would have rice for your boyfriend. They could also send one of the staff to the Windjammer, they always have rice.

I find this subject interesting since all of the brazillian steakhouses that I have been to in the US do not serve rice. They typically have plantains, popovers and fried polenta as the sides typically (not speaking for Samba since I've never been there).

I find this subject interesting since all of the brazillian steakhouses that I have been to in the US do not serve rice. They typically have plantains, popovers and fried polenta as the sides typically (not speaking for Samba since I've never been there).

Lol well that typically is because those are in the U.S. Quoting from my boyfriend, but he says he has never been to a steakhouse in Brazil that didn't serve rice. :P To him, that is "proper". There is a chain called Fogo de Chao, which is popular in Brazil and has transitioned nicely in the U.S. On their menu it says "we always provide traditional white rice and beans upon request" as their little nod to the Brazilians in the know-how.

Here is video of what is available, no rice. The Samba grill is the Solarium Cafe during the day and I know they have rice. I'm sure if you asked the staff they would have rice for your boyfriend. They could also send one of the staff to the Windjammer, they always have rice.

That is probably where I remember the rice from, during the day. I do remember the Turkey Bacon in the morning. Somebody should be doing time for the idea of turkey bacon.

Interesting. Every Brazilian steakhouse I have been to in the US serves rice and feijoada (black beans and pork...a national dish I hear). I tried it a couple times, but I found it just took away space in my belly from picanha. :)

This may sound like a really trivial question, but I must ask for my Brazilian boyfriend.

Being Brazilian, my boyfriend always always (according to him) eats some form of rice with his meat-based meals. And it is true... I always have to have cooked rice available for most dinners. It's just a comfort thing for him... he feels something is "off" when there isn't rice. Now, he understands when he is dining out he cannot expect rice everywhere, and I told him as such that in the MDR and many other places he should not expect rice to cap off a meal. BUT, he really wants to eat at Samba Grill. He says that Brazilian steak houses are really expensive, especially in Brazil where they can go upwards of 150R (Brazilian Reals), or about $75 USD per person.

HOWEVER, he will not eat at a proper Brazilian steakhouse if they do not serve rice. I do not see rice on the menus, just cheese bread... SO. Anyone dined at Samba Grill know whether they serve rice as an option?

Sorry for the explanation... haha

I can't answer about Samba but he can get rice in the MDR instead of potato, all he has to do is ask.:) WJ has rice out too.

Can’t recall if they offer rice, but I can tell you that Samba Grill is nice representation of a Brazilian Steak House. Keep in mind it is not of the caliber of what one might find in a major city.

If one has a special request, it is best to contact the restaurant manager in advance, rather than ask for the special item once seated.

enjoy

M

Interesting. Every Brazilian steakhouse I have been to in the US serves rice and feijoada (black beans and pork...a national dish I hear). I tried it a couple times, but I found it just took away space in my belly from picanha. :)

I'm curious which ones you've been to that had them. Fogo de Chao made no mention of it (although I now see it is mentioned on their website briefly as something you can special request), Texas de Brazil and Rodizio all do not offer them standard.

Archived