Updates for family and friends on Triumph

Mousehouse14

Phone reports starting to come in, so must be getting close. 2 more tugs involved. T.V. stations doing phone interview, and of course reported only the negative. She did give compliment to the crew.

On behalf of the OP, if you have an update, can you post it without spin? Lest this thread turn into a debate zone.

Really? Stop listening to the drive by media please. She will be fine, I promise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I just need to hear from her to make sure she's okay. I know she is and I know there's a reason she's on that particular cruise-she's a retired teacher and if any kids need comforting I know she's the person to do it-she keeps her calm way better than I. Just can't wait to KNOW for sure she's okay.

According to a report on CNN about five minutes ago, the ship will not be permitted to enter the harbor and dock if it is dark because that would be dangerous and the ship would have to wait until sunrise to dock. Best wishes to all concerned, -S.

UPDATE: CNN just reported that Carnival has made the decision to dock whether or not it is dark when the ship reaches the harbor. BTW, CNN now has live video of the ship taken by their helicopter.

If you don't know or have anyone on this ship reply to one of the other posts about what is going on. I am tired of reading all of the crap that most of the people on here are posting. They have no interest or anyone they know on this ship.

This thread is for updates for family and friends only please.

The last update I received from my wife and Carnival was the ship is being towed into Mobile, Alabama and will arrive Thursday morning. The passengers that want to be flown to Houston will be and bused to Galveston. The passengers that flew in or want to go to their home airports will be allowed to if flights are available.

Conditions on board ship. The last text I received from my wife said everyone was doing as well as expected with the conditions they are dealing with. Food lines are long and taking hours to get through. Some electrical outlets are working and lines to charge phones and other devices are hours long. Some of the forward bathrooms are working. I believe most of the passengers are still staying above on the upper decks.

I have not received any text messages today. Hopefully I will if another ship is close or drops off more supplies. Will update this post if I hear or receive any information.

Thank you Mousehouse - reading a few on topic threads, this could be very helpful for many waiting for friends and family to arrive home

If you don't know or have anyone on this ship reply to one of the other posts about what is going on. I am tired of reading all of the crap that most of the people on here are posting. They have no interest or anyone they know on this ship.

This thread is for updates for family and friends only please.

The last update I received from my wife and Carnival was the ship is being towed into Mobile, Alabama and will arrive Thursday morning. The passengers that want to be flown to Houston will be and bused to Galveston. The passengers that flew in or want to go to their home airports will be allowed to if flights are available.

Conditions on board ship. The last text I received from my wife said everyone was doing as well as expected with the conditions they are dealing with. Food lines are long and taking hours to get through. Some electrical outlets are working and lines to charge phones and other devices are hours long. Some of the forward bathrooms are working. I believe most of the passengers are still staying above on the upper decks.

I have not received any text messages today. Hopefully I will if another ship is close or drops off more supplies. Will update this post if I hear or receive any information.

Thanks so much, please do keep me posted. I DO NOT want to see these people on a bus for hours as the media is reporting. That is simply unacceptable. I spoke with one of the attorneys at my office who went on that same cruise and ship in December 2012 and then heard they had problems in January and knew the ship had problems. Most at my office feel there will be a class action suit filed by one of the attorneys who specializes in that-now will Carnival offer more to these people than a class action suit would get them? How do you compensate someone for such deplorable conditions? I would say treat them like royalty when they arrive in Mobile and let them have a day to rest and shower in a hotel room there if they so desire. I sailed on Princess with my friend who is on the Triumph right now. Our cruise on Princess to the Inside Passage to Alaska was a great experience. We'll see what happens, in the meantime, please keep me posted if you hear anything.

My niece talked with her Mom. She said the sanitary issues have them all having tummy issues which is even worse when you don't have a flushing toilet. Also, they are not even telling the passengers they are being taken to New Orleans when they get off.

Communication is not good on the ship and we know more than they do. Guess all we can do is wait for more info.

Thanks. I just need to hear from her to make sure she's okay. I know she is and I know there's a reason she's on that particular cruise-she's a retired teacher and if any kids need comforting I know she's the person to do it-she keeps her calm way better than I. Just can't wait to KNOW for sure she's okay.

Just heard from my friend-got a text. She said they hope to be in very late tonight and she wants to be home no later than Saturday, but she said she's doing okay. As she said, you know I can do my own thing, Yep, knowing her she was the live entertainment-that's the kind of person she is. Me, I'd be freaking out! It was so good to get a text from her just to know she's okay-she's like a sister to me-we've known each other for over 40 years!

Ship is .6 miles from dock.

Carnival is planning on putting passengers on buses and sending them to Galveston or New Orleans. The ones that go to New Orleans will start flying out tomorrow to Houston or to their home airports. The passengers will stay in the Riverside Hilton. Rooms have two queens or one king? It will take several hours for the passengers to get off the ship. Buses should start leaving within one hour of passengers getting off the ship.

I heard from a friend who us inboard with hubby and 3 kids. She said conditions were horrible, a couple of deaths on board (heart-attack). Her hubby is an MD. She does know they were bringing people to New Orleans.

Do you know with 100% certainty that 2 people died while on this ship?? Because if you do not, that's a hell of a rumor to spread. One that could induce panic from people waiting for their family members to arrive.

What??? Are you kidding me? Of course I'm sure it's true. If you read my post it stated that my friends husband is a doctor. I have been in contact since this morning,. Do you have nothing better to do?

I don't care if he is a dr or not. If you did not personally see those dead people, you don't know 100%. I will watch the news and wait for them to report it. If it's true, the press will have a field day with it.

Archived