Should Triumph passengers be quarantined after they arrive?

cruisefied

Say for 24 or 48 hours?

Maybe a round of antibiotics for everyone and have a doctor keep a watch on them till they are sure they aren't carrying anything that has yet to surface.

thoughts?

No, absolutely not.

For what?

I read a report earlier from some doctor who was speculating that there is a chance that some of the passengers could be carriers for bacteria and other nasty type infections that have yet to surface.

think about the conditions they were in and the lack of sanitation, it seems like a reasonable speculation to me.

thoughts?

It would take a National Guard batallion to contain them, once they get their feet back on terra firma!

If I was on that ship, the second I got outside I would be running for a taxi to take me to the finest hotel Mobile has to offer, where I would spend the next 12 hours eating room service in a hot bubble bath.

While departing passengers need to be advised to be aware of any symptoms of illness and infection during the next week or two that might be related to an exposure onboard, it would make no sense to quarantine people and even less to provide antibiotics enmasse. First, antibiotics are only effective against bacterial infections and not viruses, such as a norovirus or cold virus. Also, you would need to diagnose the type of infection before prescribing what type of antibiotic to provide. Different antibiotics target different types of bacteria, it's not just one size fit all!

Of all the ridiculous posts at the moment I think this has to be the best!! I think Carnival has taken enough crap over the last few days, can you imagine if they tried to quarantine everyone!

Can you imagine if one person contracted a bacterial infection on that ship and it doesn't surface for a day or two and when it does, they don't take it seriously, then end up in the E.R.

think of the liability.

just saying....

Of all the ridiculous posts at the moment I think this has to be the best!! I think Carnival has taken enough crap over the last few days, can you imagine if they tried to quarantine everyone!
No pun intended I am sure.....

Say for 24 or 48 hours?

Maybe a round of antibiotics for everyone and have a doctor keep a watch on them till they are sure they aren't carrying anything that has yet to surface.

thoughts?

Only if Mobile is ready for a riot of 4000 passengers. I am a reasonably calm person, but if I had been stuck on the ship for 5 days longer than planned and in the conditions that have been reported, it would take a small army to hold me back from getting as far away from that ship and Carnival as soon as my feet hit solid ground.

Should people who make ridiculous posts like this be quarantined ? :p

Just Silly !

Couldn't hurt. :D

Although, if I were on that ship...I think I would want to quarantine MYSELF long enough to take a shower before any pictures were taken from the media. :p

Say for 24 or 48 hours?

thoughts?

The chances of infection to the passengers is high. Diseases such as cholera are bred in this kind of enviorment. If I were a passenger, I would run to a trusted doctor and get a complete workup. Then a followup.

Then I would send the bill to CCL.

Since if they tried to keep them on the ship...............it would not help anything since they would all still be exposed to *whatever*

So...........just where would you put 4000+ people for 2 days?

Just asking

AKK

Put them all in the Superdome for a few days. Those toilets haven't been tested since Katrina. :rolleyes:

Archived