Aruba & Curacao?

colesc15

Hi everyone. I posted this on the Royal Caribbean board already but I figured I'd go here too.. I'm typically a Royal Caribbean cruiser..

I'm already looking for cruises for next March, and I really wanted to do Southern Caribbean to Aruba and Curacao. With Adventure of the Seas going into dry dock after her March 2nd cruise in 2014, it pretty much eliminates those two ports from my option on Royal Caribbean because I don't want to do an 11 day cruise and I don't want to go out of Colon either. I posted this a week or so ago and it got moved and I got little response so please don't move this again. :) I want to stay on Royal Caribbean, but I don't think I'm going to have any other options. The new Sunshine class ships won't be done yet so. If I did the Princess cruise, I believe it's a 10 day cruise out of Ft Lauderdale on Emerald Princess.. or the 8 day Carnival Breeze to these ports, would I be disappointed since I've fallen in love with Royal?

Both of these other cruises go to where I want to go, and the Princess cruise is about $1000 more total for 2 people in a balcony versus the Carnival one. Would it be worth it for 2 extra days and on Princess instead of Carnival? Like I said, I'd prefer to stay on Royal but I don't think there's another option. Which would you Royal Cruisers choose? :)

I hope this doesn't get moved again.

Not sure why you posted this on the Princess group, but I have been to both islands several times on both RCI and Princess. As you can see I have been on two carnival ships and was not impressed with them. So I would go with the Princess option even though it is a 10 day cruise. We did it and enjoyed the extra two days. Personally I prefer Princess over RCI for several reasons but that is my opinion.

Aruba is a flat desert island but does have wonderful beaches and other attractions such as the divi divi trees. It is a small island as is Curacao so it is easy to get around. Do not miss the swinging bridge in Curacao. I actually rode it on one of its swings. I will be in Aruba again this fall on a cruise.

Not sure why you posted this on the Princess group, but I have been to both islands several times on both RCI and Princess. As you can see I have been on two carnival ships and was not impressed with them. So I would go with the Princess option even though it is a 10 day cruise. We did it and enjoyed the extra two days. Personally I prefer Princess over RCI for several reasons but that is my opinion.

Aruba is a flat desert island but does have wonderful beaches and other attractions such as the divi divi trees. It is a small island as is Curacao so it is easy to get around. Do not miss the swinging bridge in Curacao. I actually rode it on one of its swings. I will be in Aruba again this fall on a cruise.

Just looking for opinions from all angles.

I'm a Princess fan, but I've taken 2 Royal cruises -the last this past December. In my mind it's worth it to go on Princess. I have not been on Carnival, so I can't speak directly about them. Everyone has to decide based upon researching, like on these boards, whether a line is a good fit. Recent, I'll call it bad luck, also mades me concerned about Carnival.

Both islands are interesting, I enjoy the shopping in Aruba.

in Curacao, the houses are painted in gay colours. The story goes that a one time mayor complained to his peoples that the colour of the white houses hurt his eyes, so, could the inhabitants do something about it.

Upon his death it was discovered that he did in fact own the island's paint factory!

john

The Crown Princess is doing 7 day Southern Caribbean cruises out of Fort Lauderdale next winter that go to Aruba, Curacao and Princess Cays. I counted 10 sailings with that itinerary from Nov. 9, 2013 to Feb. 8, 2014. I know you mentioned March 2014, but if you can go at an earlier date, you might be interested in that cruise.

The Crown Princess is doing 7 day Southern Caribbean cruises out of Fort Lauderdale next winter that go to Aruba, Curacao and Princess Cays. I counted 10 sailings with that itinerary from Nov. 9, 2013 to Feb. 8, 2014. I know you mentioned March 2014, but if you can go at an earlier date, you might be interested in that cruise.

It pretty much has to be in March due to spring break :(

I would choose Princess over Carnival any day. I suspect the prices for next March 2014 will drop quite a bit closer to sailing.

Right now comparing the Emerald Princess 10 day versus 8 day Carnival Breeze, the Breeze is over $1000 cheaper than the Princess one..

Hi everyone. I posted this on the Royal Caribbean board already but I figured I'd go here too.. I'm typically a Royal Caribbean cruiser..

I'm already looking for cruises for next March, and I really wanted to do Southern Caribbean to Aruba and Curacao. With Adventure of the Seas going into dry dock after her March 2nd cruise in 2014, it pretty much eliminates those two ports from my option on Royal Caribbean because I don't want to do an 11 day cruise and I don't want to go out of Colon either. I posted this a week or so ago and it got moved and I got little response so please don't move this again. :) I want to stay on Royal Caribbean, but I don't think I'm going to have any other options. The new Sunshine class ships won't be done yet so. If I did the Princess cruise, I believe it's a 10 day cruise out of Ft Lauderdale on Emerald Princess.. or the 8 day Carnival Breeze to these ports, would I be disappointed since I've fallen in love with Royal?

Both of these other cruises go to where I want to go, and the Princess cruise is about $1000 more total for 2 people in a balcony versus the Carnival one. Would it be worth it for 2 extra days and on Princess instead of Carnival? Like I said, I'd prefer to stay on Royal but I don't think there's another option. Which would you Royal Cruisers choose? :)

I hope this doesn't get moved again.

Having been on both cruise lines, would chose Princess.

Having been on both cruise lines, would chose Princess.

My first reaction was the same as Let1b2's but if price is a factor, then go ahead with Carnival. We found the 10 day Princess to be an older crowd, and it was a nice change. Not knowing your age but seeing your post that you have to cruise during spring break, perhaps your age is closer to the Carnival average.

If you choose Carnival, that 1K savings will pay for flights, shore excursions, Sail and Sign charges, cruise insurance, or even another (shorter) cruise. Best wishes to you in making your decision.

Ms B

My first reaction was the same as Let1b2's but if price is a factor, then go ahead with Carnival. We found the 10 day Princess to be an older crowd, and it was a nice change. Not knowing your age but seeing your post that you have to cruise during spring break, perhaps your age is closer to the Carnival average.

If you choose Carnival, that 1K savings will pay for flights, shore excursions, Sail and Sign charges, cruise insurance, or even another (shorter) cruise. Best wishes to you in making your decision.

Ms B

I'll be 25 when this cruise happens. We've just grown accustom to royal Caribbea ..

:) Hi,there. There is a 7 day cruise leaving April 13,2013 on the Caribbean Princess. going to the Southern Caribbean, which stops at Aruba and Curacao Gary:rolleyes:

I just need it to be mid March though because of spring break being that time

Last year we did the b2b on Princess Emerald......awesome ship. Probably the best time, ever. We loved the different dining options. We didn't eat much in the dining rooms and spent lots of time in the Vines, sampling the different wines, and eating their tapas. We also ate alot from the International Cafe.

We have gone snorkeling in Curacao...and that was one of the best snorkeling tours we have been on(and we have been to the Barrier Reef in Australia). We liked it better than Aruba.

Anyone?

$1800 seems a little on the high side for Princess 10 day. We have booked November 29 2013 for $1600. I have never been on a cruise during spring break week, that week may be a little more expensive, as it is no matter where you vacation that week. It's been a long time that I vacationed during spring break week. :(

I have sailed Royal Caribbean, Princess and Carnival. More on Carnival then any others. I have never sailed any of the RCL larger ships. When comparing The Emerald vs The Breeze and your age I think you would be happier on The Breeze. It doesn't have the rock climbing, ice skating etc. that The Allure does but The Breeze is a newer ship and will have a younger crowd.

Now if there are more islands on The Emerald then I would be tempted for it!! (not helping much here, LOL).

Aruba is amazing, my favorite island I have been to so far!!

Good Luck with your decision, I'm sure you will make it fun whichever one you end up with.

Looking at doing the same itinerary...but cant confirm the dates untili pick my holidays...I'll wait till the dates get closer to book and i'm sure the deals will be there(they arent at this moment) considering the wife and i did the western Caribbean a couple of weeks ago for $379 Inside Cab each on the Crown Princess...so i'll wait for the price drops to hit

Archived