The definitive Cheers program Thread

pbsteve

My husband and I purchased the Cheers! program when we sailed on the Freedom for our honeymoon in April. It was worth it 100%. We plan on purchasing it again wehn we sail on the Sunshine in May 2014.

I am curious if anyone knows or has purchased one of the "Spiked Floats" or "Spiked Milkshakes" from the "Shake Spot" under the Cheers! program. I know the typical milkshake would not be covered but since it is "spiked" I did not know if it was covered or the discount would be applied. Thanks in advance!

As long as it is under $10, yes, you can get a "spiked shake" type drink under Cheers. Same way you'd pay for a specialty coffee, unless you add booze. (Although, with the case of spiked coffee, it's weirdly inconsistent from bar to bar / bartender to bartender. Sometimes I got charged $1.50 for the coffee part of it, sometimes it was rang in only as a shot and the whole thing was covered)

Guess by now most who are interested in Cheers know that it's been added effective immediately on the Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Elation and Carnival Paradise per John Heald.

Wonder why not the Imagination? Anyone have a clue?

As long as it is under $10, yes, you can get a "spiked shake" type drink under Cheers. Same way you'd pay for a specialty coffee, unless you add booze. (Although, with the case of spiked coffee, it's weirdly inconsistent from bar to bar / bartender to bartender. Sometimes I got charged $1.50 for the coffee part of it, sometimes it was rang in only as a shot and the whole thing was covered)
Since you have not sailed on the Sunshine according to your signature, how do you know for certain that the spiked shakes at the Shake Spot are covered? I am asking because I have not read anywhere on the boards that this is true, but then again I have not read any Sunshine specific threads since I do not plan to sail on her for at least 4 more years.

Guess by now most who are interested in Cheers know that it's been added effective immediately on the Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Elation and Carnival Paradise per John Heald.

Hopefully it won't take that long to add the remaining ships.

Okay here is a good question that I hope someone can answer for me.

We are on the 5 night Ecstasy and plan on purchasing the Cheers Beverage Program, as it just became available for the Ecstasy today(Yay!), and we are also doing the brand new Carnival Balmoral Beach Club excursion in Nassau. We understand that our Sign and Sail card can be used at the Balmoral Beach Club for cocktails, food, souvenirs etc.

"Does anyone know if the Cheers Beverage Package will work at Balmoral like it does on Half Moon Cay?"

If so, then that makes the Balmoral Beach Club a totally worthwhile experience!

The Cheers program no longer works on HMC.

Well that does certainly bite the big one now doesn't it.

Then the Cheers Program is not worth it on this sailing, as the HMC beach day is a primary day for drinking. I can't see spending over a hundred bucks for unlimited drinks I am NOT drinking on board the ship for that day's program charge, and then having to spend another hundred bucks at HMC for cocktails. That is absolutely ridiculous not to include Cheers when I also understand that the Bottomless Bubbles Soda program works on HMC.

Makes no sense at all when you have to use your Sail and Sign card either way.

Edited by cruiseguys2009

Well that does certainly bite the big one now doesn't it.

Then the Cheers Program is not worth it on this sailing, as the HMC beach day is a primary day for drinking. I can't see spending over a hundred bucks for unlimited drinks I am NOT drinking on board the ship for that day's program charge, and then having to spend another hundred bucks at HMC for cocktails. That is absolutely ridiculous not to include Cheers when I also understand that the Bottomless Bubbles Soda program works on HMC.

Makes no sense at all when you have to use your Sail and Sign card either way.

No limit on bottomless bubbles. The POS isn't real time on HMC so they can't monitor your quantity... *rolleyes*... It definitely detracts from the program...

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

This may have come up before but does anyone know if CCL has any intention of implementing other drink packages? I an strictly a beer drinker and some lines offer reduced prices on packages that don't include hard liquor. Now that CCL is serving draft beer, they could even limit it to draft..... though I would prefer they include bottles.

John Heald is making a further announcement on Monday regarding the Cheers programme. It's anyone's guess what that will be but maybe they're going to add additional ships offering it, putting the price up or adding beer only packages?

WooHoo! I've been hoping they would put it on the Elation. We're sailing Christmas week. My hubs will be so excited!

There are no drinks that are exactly 10.00, but Grey Goose martini's that are 9.95 are included, as well as Patron Silver.

P. Fuissi red wine is exactly $10/glass, and is included under Cheers.

P. Fuissi red wine is exactly $10/glass, and is included under Cheers.

I don't even the wine you are talking about, and I only see 1 item on this entire menu that's listed as a whole dollar amount. Nothing at $10

http://zydecocruiser.net/Carnival-Bar-Menu/CarnivalCruiseBarMenu.htm

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

so your saying that when my co worker and i are on the pride a alittle over a week, while we are docked in baltimore and then when we are in port canaveral, we will be charged tax on each drink?? if so, how much???

so your saying that when my co worker and i are on the pride a alittle over a week, while we are docked in baltimore and then when we are in port canaveral, we will be charged tax on each drink?? if so, how much???

You only pay tax while you are still in the embarkation port up until the ship hits international waters, which means you'll pay MD sales tax from once you board till about 600 pm, I believe it is 5%, but it may have increased. You will not pay FL sales tax when you dock in Port Canaveral.

You only pay tax while you are still in the embarkation port up until the ship hits international waters, which means you'll pay MD sales tax from once you board till about 600 pm, I believe it is 5%, but it may have increased. You will not pay FL sales tax when you dock in Port Canaveral.

ok thanks!!! just didnt want a major surprise on each of our accounts....