The definitive Cheers program Thread

pbsteve

The Half Moon Cay problem could be solved very easily if Carnival really wanted to. Just put a stipulation that if you go over your 15 drink limit on HMC, you will be charged regular drink prices for any above and beyond. While their accounting is not in real time at HMC, it would not matter when it is all tallied up and additional charges made for more than the 15 limit. They have no trouble keeping track of all the other charges made at HMC. In the mean time, I would stock up on cheers beer and carry it off the ship in my 12 x 12 x 12 cooler. I have never heard of them checking your bags offloading :))

Edited by n6uqqq

John Heald is making a further announcement on Monday regarding the Cheers programme. It's anyone's guess what that will be but maybe they're going to add additional ships offering it, putting the price up or adding beer only packages?

I would say it is either a schedule for the rest of the fleet or a decision that it will not be put on ships that do three day sailings.

The Half Moon Cay problem could be solved very easily if Carnival really wanted to. Just put a stipulation that if you go over your 15 drink limit on HMC, you will be charged regular drink prices for any above and beyond. While their accounting is not in real time at HMC, it would not matter when it is all tallied up and additional charges made for more than the 15 limit. They have no trouble keeping track of all the other charges made at HMC. In the mean time, I would stock up on cheers beer and carry it off the ship in my 12 x 12 x 12 cooler. I have never heard of them checking your bags offloading :))

Except they don't even let you purchase after 15... You are cut off... I like the offloading idea :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Except they don't even let you purchase after 15... You are cut off... I like the offloading idea :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I think Carnival muddies the water on purpose with rules like this. In a mere 15 minutes one could have 4 unopened Foster's to put in a portable ice chest and that is the same as 8 twelve ounce beers. That is what I would do to get my cheers value. Or stock up even more to take to HMC.

I know that we went during Spring Break 2013 on the brand new breeze and they DID cut people off every night. after 15 drinks. We were a large group of over 30 of us. Anyways, once past 15 they charge you. Let me tell you since I was buying other drinks and this I had a RIDIC tab. Next time I will pay more close attention.

Thinking of going on Fascination. do they have it?

Thinking of doing new years cruise on Fantasy. do they have it?

going on Glory cruise to nowhere and I know for a fact they do NOT let us have it.

Glad to see even though the freedom isn't getting refurbed they are participating!

Thinking of going on Fascination. do they have it? Not yet

Thinking of doing new years cruise on Fantasy. do they have it? Just recently added

going on Glory cruise to nowhere and I know for a fact they do NOT let us have it. Yes, because of the short length of the cruise

See bold

I was wondering if the Cheers program works in the specialty bars aboard the breeze.

Red Frog Bar?

Blue Iguana?

Red Frog Pub?

I had the Cheers program on the Splendor last year and we loved it however the Splendor did not have any specialty bars like the Breeze does!

Thanks in advance for the info!

Kory

To me too!

See attachment.

Was a bit hard to see, but it is indeed a glass of wine that is exactly 10.00 dollars. You have answered the double dog dare! :D . And, yes if you blow up the pdf to 400% you can see your blacked out info but nothing important like your past guest number or credit card number. No big deal!

Edited by n6uqqq

I was wondering if the Cheers program works in the specialty bars aboard the breeze.

Red Frog Bar?

Blue Iguana?

Red Frog Pub?

I had the Cheers program on the Splendor last year and we loved it however the Splendor did not have any specialty bars like the Breeze does!

Kory

Yes to all 3 bars and the Red Frog Pub was far and away the best of the three, IMHO. The Red Frog Pub and the Piano Bar 88 were the two venues that we did the most damage in last January.

Red Frog Bar?

Blue Iguana?

Red Frog Pub?

Kory

yes and youll enjoy all those 0 charges on the best ship I have cruised on with carnival!

Do you think Carnival will roll it out to the remaining ships? Seems a bit silly not too! I'm biased as I'm on the Imagination before our Breeze cruise!

I'm hoping so... but then again I am on Sensation in 10 days.

I've read everything I can on "Cheers" but can't find anything on it not being available on sailings of 4 days and less. Can someone let me know if this is the case. Just incase Cheers does get rolled out fleet wide!

I've read everything I can on "Cheers" but can't find anything on it not being available on sailings of 4 days and less. Can someone let me know if this is the case. Just incase Cheers does get rolled out fleet wide!

I will be corrected if I am wrong, but I think that 4 day cruises to Canada on the Glory have been the only 4 day versions that have offered the Cheers program at this point.

Hi all,

I have read thru many pages of this thread and have seen conflicting information. My question:

If you purchase the cheers pkg., and you happen to drink your 15 drink limit, as long as you are deemed ok for more by bartender, can you purchase another drink or drinks? or

is it that once you reach the 15 drink limit in the 24 hrs, you are cut off for good, even if you want to buy a drink?

I doubt this would happen, but with the different types of drinks and tasting different things (not necessarily finishing all of one drink), i could see possibly going beyond the 15 on a sea day..........