The definitive Cheers program Thread

pbsteve

I don't know if this has been asked, but as a single Man, can you purchase a Lady a drink and not use your CHEERS 15?

You can't buy a drink for someone else on the cheers card. You would just use your sign and sail card and charge it like a normal purchase.

You can't buy a drink for someone else on the cheers card. You would just use your sign and sail card and charge it like a normal purchase.

To be more clear...you only have one card; your sign n sail card. They just put a sticker on your card and also the computer knows you are on cheers. If you have someone at the bar with you and want to buy them a drink, they will just charge you regular price for that drink and it will not count against your limit of 15. However, on my most recent cruise, there were instances where a bartender knew me from several days on the boat and would ask me if I'd like to charge it against my Cheers limit. They aren't technically supposed to do this but it happened a few times.

To be more clear...you only have one card; your sign n sail card. They just put a sticker on your card and also the computer knows you are on cheers. If you have someone at the bar with you and want to buy them a drink, they will just charge you regular price for that drink and it will not count against your limit of 15. However, on my most recent cruise, there were instances where a bartender knew me from several days on the boat and would ask me if I'd like to charge it against my Cheers limit. They aren't technically supposed to do this but it happened a few times.

Plus you can only buy 1 drink every 10 mins. So if you try to purchase 2 drink at the same time you will have to pay full price for one of them (this happen to me).

I'm booked on Pride in August and I'm debating getting the Cheers program for my wife and I. I think we may come up just short of making it "worth it" but it will probably be close. I'm considering it for the ease of knowing I don't "have" to watch how much we're drinking per day and the "sticker shock" of the tab at the end of the cruise. My sticking point is Half Moon Cay. The first post of this thread says you can use the Cheers program on HMC, but my PVP said you can't. I found that odd because RCI and NCL both allow beverage packages to be used on private islands (not sure about other lines though). So can someone who's had the Cheers package on Half Moon Cay recently tell me how their experience with it was? Were you able to use it or not? Thanks!

I'm booked on Pride in August and I'm debating getting the Cheers program for my wife and I. I think we may come up just short of making it "worth it" but it will probably be close. I'm considering it for the ease of knowing I don't "have" to watch how much we're drinking per day and the "sticker shock" of the tab at the end of the cruise. My sticking point is Half Moon Cay. The first post of this thread says you can use the Cheers program on HMC, but my PVP said you can't. I found that odd because RCI and NCL both allow beverage packages to be used on private islands (not sure about other lines though). So can someone who's had the Cheers package on Half Moon Cay recently tell me how their experience with it was? Were you able to use it or not? Thanks!

The last time I was there (June 2014), you could not use the Cheers program at HMC.

You can not use Cheers! on Half Moon Cay.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1106/kw/cheers

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/My_Awesome_Bar_Program.pdf

Ok thank you and everyone else for all the responses

• 3 months later...
I was just wondering if anyone knows how much shots are and if you have the cheers package does a shot count towards your 15 per day.

I purchased Cheers on our last cruise. Shots of Patron Silver were $9.95 & each (no double-shots) counted towards the 15/day limit. Hoping there hasn't been a price increase since we're going again in January & Patron is all I drink [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Just got of the Miracle, and had pre-purchased the Cheers package. Didn't have the sticker when we picked up our S&S card, had to get it from one of the bars that were selling the program. Won't order it again because we didn't reach our break even every day, just didn't get off our balcony and drink enough.

I purchased Cheers on our last cruise. Shots of Patron Silver were $9.95 & each (no double-shots) counted towards the 15/day limit. Hoping there hasn't been a price increase since we're going again in January & Patron is all I drink [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I just returned from the Glory yesterday, and Patron Silver is $9.95 per shot...

Can you buy cheers on the second day if you're leaving from Jacksonville or Charleston? Or is that just for Galveston? I think more than three drinks the first day will just put me to sleep after the excitement of waiting for vacation to start.

Yes can be purchased on day 2

Im confused I called carnival and they said if we have the cheers program we can drink in port nassau and half moon cay. Im not sure which is the truth.I read on the boards thats not true. Please help. I am going on a 5 day cruise I want to see if the cheers program is worth it.

Im confused I called carnival and they said if we have the cheers program we can drink in port nassau and half moon cay. Im not sure which is the truth.I read on the boards thats not true. Please help. I am going on a 5 day cruise I want to see if the cheers program is worth it.

We were at HMC in August and had the CHEERS! program. We were not able to use it anywhere but on the ship. Unless they have changed a policy in the last month and a half, you cannot use CHEERS! on HMC or Nassau, only on the ship itself.

Can't drink with Cheers in port, but you can drink on the boat while in port.