The definitive Cheers program Thread

pbsteve

Can I purchase the CHEERS package on my 3 nighter aboard the Victory?

according to Carnival, yes

CHEERS! is not offered on the following:

2-day cruises

Charter cruises

Ships sailing from Australia (Carnival Spirit and Carnival Legend)

Beverage purchases made at Half Moon Cay, The Bahamas

Forgive me if this is here, I only read 1000 of the 1700 posts and saw nothing.

Has anyone tried going into my cruise manager, and changing the DOBs of guest that do not want it to a year that would make them 20 or younger, then head to the fun shops and purchase just the guests that want, then before the cruise, change the DOBs back.

Any ideas if this will work?

Has anyone tried going into my cruise manager, and changing the DOBs of guest that do not want it to a year that would make them 20 or younger, then head to the fun shops and purchase just the guests that want, then before the cruise, change the DOBs back.

We will all wait with breathless anticipation to hear if this stunt actually works. Please let us know of any denied boardings. future charges when the dates change back, violations of your contract, and whether or not Carnival actually lets you sail,etc.

We will be here. :cool:

We will all wait with breathless anticipation to hear if this stunt actually works. Please let us know of any denied boardings. future charges when the dates change back, violations of your contract, and whether or not Carnival actually lets you sail,etc.

We will be here. :cool:

I'm not doing it, everyone in my family are big drinkers. I was just thinking about all the people complaining on here who have no idea how to live or cruise anymore with the all or nothing rule. It seems like an easy work around if someone has tried it. The booking system and fun shop system are two totally different things, they can't charge your card more when you change back and I doubt there's a clause in the ticket contract stating this either.

I'll bite.... By doing this, the person listed as 20 would not be able to purchase any alcohol with their sign and sail card throughout the cruise as their card will be flagged as under 21. Not to mention the whole "YOUR GOING TO A FOREIGN COUNTRY AND MUST CLEAR THROUGH IMMIGRATION" issue...

I'll bite.... By doing this, the person listed as 20 would not be able to purchase any alcohol with their sign and sail card throughout the cruise as their card will be flagged as under 21. Not to mention the whole "YOUR GOING TO A FOREIGN COUNTRY AND MUST CLEAR THROUGH IMMIGRATION" issue...

I don't think you understand anything of what I said. After you purchase the cheers program, you would go back into cruise manager and change the dates back to the correct ones.

Does anybody know if I can buy Cheers for my daughter who will be turning 21 on the second day of the cruise?

if I understand correctly its the date that you board the ship that matters so if I am right, she wont be able to drink at all

I don't think you understand anything of what I said. After you purchase the cheers program, you would go back into cruise manager and change the dates back to the correct ones.

I don't think you understand the extent to which the information you put into your cruise booking & documents link together! :p Even if you put in the "wrong" dates to begin with, trying to change them back after the fact won't work. When you get to the port the people with the "incorrect" birthdays will HAVE to show identification which will NOT match. They look over ALL your documents & they will more than likely make everyone buy the package right then. Cards are pre-printed & all of your info is already in the system. When you check in they just activate it. If any of it has changed, you will be holding up the line getting everyone "fixed". Is it really worth it to try to buck the system? :confused:

Does anybody know if I can buy Cheers for my daughter who will be turning 21 on the second day of the cruise?

Hftmrock is correct. It is based on the age you are at the time of boarding. Just means now you have to book another cruise after she turns 21! Lol 😉

This beginning of this thread is out dated. Specialty coffees and energy drinks ARE included now. The new CHEERS! INCLUDES:

All spirits (including cocktails), as well as beer and wine by the glass with a $50.00 or lower menu price

Sodas, Zero-Proof frozen cocktails, energy drinks, specialty coffee, hot tea, 500ml bottled water and other non-alcoholic bottled beverages

Large format water bottles in the Dining Room and Specialty Restaurants

25% discount off the menu price for any spirit or wine by the glass above $50.00

25% discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle

25% discount off beverage seminars and classes

CHEERS! EXCLUDES:

Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses

Bottles of liquor

Beverages offered at gangway

Beverages offered through room service, mini bars and/or in-stateroom beverage programs

Sharing cocktails, floaters, pitchers, tubes and buckets

Beverages offered through enomatic wine machines and self-serve beer stations

All other beverage-related programs including merchandise, cigars and cigarettes

Food items

Since you cam buy cheers the first OR second day, yes you can.

Since you cam buy cheers the first OR second day, yes you can.

the date on your card is what you are the day of your cruise. if its not 21 on the day you board, you cant get it for the 1st day, second day or any day. you wont be able to get alcohol at all on this cruise.

the date on your card is what you are the day of your cruise. if its not 21 on the day you board, you cant get it for the 1st day, second day or any day. you wont be able to get alcohol at all on this cruise.

And is that in writing somewhere on Carnivals website? 21 is 21 and cheers can be bought 1st or 2nd day.

I'm running into the same issue with my son who turns 21 on the second day of our July cruise. I talked to the funshops and they will not presell it if he will not be 21 on 1st day of the cruise. Matter of fact, they said cheers is only offered during the 1st day until 4pm (which surprised me) and so he wouldn't be able to get it at all. However, they said when I get on board I could ask if they'd make an exception and sell it to him on the second day (and indicated they would charge me for one less day). It seems ridiculous that they put up this big hassle about everyone 21 or older having to order Cheers, and when I actually want to order it for someone who will be 21 for all except the first 10-14 hours of an 8 day cruise, they won't let me.

As to the issue of not being able to drink at all, I am told we can just go down to guest relations at midnight of the first cruise night (when he effectively turns 21), and get his card authorized for drinking. The website just says he needs to be 21 and have id if a barkeep asks. Nothing on the website says anything about being the age of embarktion for the entire cruise length. I specifically made sure of that when I talked to customer service before I made reservations. Otherwise, a cruise would be the last place I'd want to celebrate a 21st birthday.

I'm running into the same issue with my son who turns 21 on the second day of our July cruise. I talked to the funshops and they will not presell it if he will not be 21 on 1st day of the cruise. Matter of fact, they said cheers is only offered during the 1st day until 4pm (which surprised me) and so he wouldn't be able to get it at all. However, they said when I get on board I could ask if they'd make an exception and sell it to him on the second day (and indicated they would charge me for one less day). It seems ridiculous that they put up this big hassle about everyone 21 or older having to order Cheers, and when I actually want to order it for someone who will be 21 for all except the first 10-14 hours of an 8 day cruise, they won't let me.

If they look at it on a case by case basis I have no doubt they'd want to sell it to you on the 2nd day of an 8 day cruise. The fact that the first day is just 10-14 hours is why they want you to buy it the first day...you have less time to get your money's worth that day. Imagine doing that on a 4 day cruise....don't pay the first day...then you have the package for 2 sea days and just 1 port day.

If they allow you to buy it the second day it "shouldn't" be a problem. Go to the service desk see about getting a NEW S&S card that shows she is 21 and you "should" be good to go.

In looking at the program I saw this statement" For those guests who pre-purchase CHEERS!, it will be activated upon boarding the ship (except for ships sailing from Galveston, Mobile and New York). Guests will receive a note in their stateroom advising them to go the bar to receive their sticker which is placed on their Sail & Sign card. In the event guests do not go to their stateroom, once the Sail & Sign card is swiped, it is flagged and the bartender will provide the sticker. " We will be sailing out of NY and are planning on prepurchasing cheers program. Does this mean it does not kick in until the second day of the cruise?

Greetings All,

If you are sailing from one of the ports (Galveston, NY, etc...) on a typical 7 day trip where Cheers is not valid until the 2nd cruise day, are you charged for 6 or 7 days?

Automatically defaults to 6 days even if purchased pre-cruise.