The definitive Cheers program Thread

pbsteve

Silly question, if i have cheers program, and I order a drink, can i get a soda or non alchoholic drink at the same time? Or do I have to wait 5 mins?

Thanks!

From what I read on prior posts, you have to wait 5 minutes between all drinks. I guess this is to try to cut down on sharing. ;)

I'm sorry if this has been asked....I looked back a few pages and didn't see it. Going on the Magic and won't be able to get Cheers for the first day. Do they sell it on the first day, but you can't use it until the second day? Or do you wait until the second day to actually buy it?

I'm sorry if this has been asked....I looked back a few pages and didn't see it. Going on the Magic and won't be able to get Cheers for the first day. Do they sell it on the first day, but you can't use it until the second day? Or do you wait until the second day to actually buy it?

Second day to purchase. Carnival will not sell it the first day and quote 'Texas laws' though RCCL gladly sells their packages the first day and also on line prior to the cruise for use the first day. It's Carnival, so don't try to figure it out. :p

I have two quick questions that may have been answered already, but I only looked a few pages back.

I'm trying to help a friend budget her portion of our upcoming cruise and need to find a total (per person) of the Cheers! Package for 8 days (Breeze) out of Miami, purchasing as soon as we board.

Is my math correct..

$37.50 (cost per day) x 15% (gratuity per day) = $43.13 (per day)

$43.13 (per day) x 8 days = $345.04

$345.04 x 7% (Miami sales tax) = $369.19 (total with tax and gratuities)

Also, I see talk of tax per drink being added to your Sail & Sign card.

Is that for every drink, just drinks in Home Port or drinks in every port?

How much average is the tax, per drink?

Thanks in advance and Happy Sailing! :)

I have two quick questions that may have been answered already, but I only looked a few pages back.

I'm trying to help a friend budget her portion of our upcoming cruise and need to find a total (per person) of the Cheers! Package for 8 days (Breeze) out of Miami, purchasing as soon as we board.

Is my math correct..

you are mostly correct. There is no sales tax 7% on the package. It's only on the drinks themself you purchess while in port. A $7 drink (value) you would pay .49 cents for the drink. Until you leave Miami. Then it's free

Is my math correct..

There is no tax on the Cheers package. The last line in your calculation is incorrect. The tax charged while in US ports is on the individual drinks and is charged whether you have the Cheers program or not. If you're using Cheers the receipt for a drink purchase in a US port will be small like 50 cents.

you are mostly correct. There is no sales tax 7% on the package. It's only on the drinks themself you purchess while in port. A $7 drink (value) you would pay .49 cents for the drink. Until you leave Miami. Then it's free

There is no tax on the Cheers package. The last line in your calculation is incorrect. The tax charged while in US ports is on the individual drinks and is charged whether you have the Cheers program or not. If you're using Cheers the receipt for a drink purchase in a US port will be small like 50 cents.

Got it! So the $345.04 out of pocket, then minimal tax per drink while in port?

Thanks a bunch.

We just got off Legend's repositioning cruise to Australia. We had Cheers from the first day and it worked great for us. My fiancé broke the bank three times and I did it once (15 drinks). But, we broke even every day and that made it worthwhile. We were treated wonderfully by all the bartenders, except for one grouch, but even he was friendly half the time.

Sorry, I can't go back 67 pages and find these answers. I'm hoping somebody can easily answer them for me. :D

~What is the current price, per person?

~We will have FFTF, so we will be on board the ship fairly early. Can I buy the Cheers program on embarkation day?

~Where/how do I buy it?

Thanks! :D

Sorry, I can't go back 67 pages and find these answers. I'm hoping somebody can easily answer them for me. :D

~We will have FFTF, so we will be on board the ship fairly early. Can I buy the Cheers program on embarkation day?

~Where/how do I buy it?

3 day $55 per person/per day

4 day $45 per person/per day

5 and 6 day $42.50 per person/per day

7 days and longer $37.50 per person/per day

Plus a 15% gratuity added at the time the package is purchased.

Prices are subject to change and price adjustments (up or down) implemented on the day of sailing will replace any previously advertised price.

You can purchase on embarkation except for sailings from Texas and then on day 2.

There is usually a table or 2 set up on Lido for purchasing and a couple of the bars may be selling also. It will be posted in the Fun Times when you board or just look for the long line (not the one at guest services!). :p

Edited by Bookbug53

Integrity? Ultimately you could share and get one drink and 5 minutes later get another. It's just an annoyance that most people avoid. I do wish they would allow a spouse to get 2 drinks by showing both cards.

They do allow one to use 2 cards to get 2 drinks at the same time. I did this every day, several times a day, at different bars throughout the ship, on the Liberty, which I just got off of yesterday. I'd go up to the bar, order 2 drinks, show both cards, got 2 drinks, no problem at all. It also worked that way ordering from the lidocaine deck (and other venues) waiters.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

~Where/how do I buy it?

When we embarked on the Valor we bought our Cheers package at the bar in the Atrium, dead easy!

Do you tip with cash or add to the receipt you sign? Just wondered if the tip is added to the receipt you sign if that bartender gets it or if the tip goes into a tip pool to be split with others.

I was told by a bartender that if you add a tip to the receipt, it goes to that individual and not into the pool.