The definitive Cheers program Thread

pbsteve

If the drink is on the menu it is only 1 of your quota. Asking for extra shots will make it 2 or 3. but I don't think you can even order those at the same time.

Ex: the Tiramisu Martini has 7 different liqueurs in it and it is one drink. I know it well. :p

Sounds good! :-)

Waiting to get off Liberty now and thought I'd pop in with my experience . Enjoyed the Cheers package, although we tipped a dollar per drink so that added up quickly. One day we may have only had a couple drinks but I think we made it up on other days. We never had an issue getting a drink for each other as long as we had both sail and sign cards. They also never opened the Rock Stars for me which is good because I would save them for the next morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by AmberMarie

I have another question.

If I purchase a bottle of wine from a bar (at 25pc off), if it is a corked wine, will they open it for me? and or will they charge me 15pc corkage fee?

I usually buy a bottle of wine or two for my room from bon voyage pre cruise, but since this time I have purchased cheers pre cruise, am thinking better to wait till I am on the ship and purchase at 25pc off. Just wondering about the opening of the bottle and corkage fees.

We are booking a 6 day cruise in Nov, two cabins, we are traveling with our teenage boys. Has anyone split the cabins, one adult in each, and bought cheers for one cabin?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

People do it all the time. Not that there is anything right about that! ;):p

We are booking a 6 day cruise in Nov, two cabins, we are traveling with our teenage boys. Has anyone split the cabins, one adult in each, and bought cheers for one cabin?

We did this over spring break. I think I "cheated" and shared one drink with my wife. I didn't feel guilty.

IMHO with the 15 drink Maximum if both of you drinking and you don't go over the Max. Go for it. That's what I don't like about Carnival. RCCL, Princess and others don't have that Maximum so on those I would suggest you to buy the package for both.

I have another question.

If I purchase a bottle of wine from a bar (at 25pc off), if it is a corked wine, will they open it for me? and or will they charge me 15pc corkage fee?

Corkage fees should only apply to wines you bring into dining rooms, not purchased on board. Bars will generally open bottles and give you glasses for free.

If the drink is on the menu it is only 1 of your quota. Asking for extra shots will make it 2 or 3. but I don't think you can even order those at the same time.

Ex: the Tiramisu Martini has 7 different liqueurs in it and it is one drink. I know it well. :p

I didn't see the Tiramisu Martini on the Alchemy Bar Menu on the Carnival site. Was this offered as a special? Is there an additional Alchemy menu?

First, I want to thank whoever posted the link to cruise mapper - that's a great site with lots of info! (I tried to find the post, but too many to go thru)

Now my questions ...

In the Cheers package it says you can get the bigger bottles of water (1 or 1.5 ltr ) in the MDR or Specialty restaurants. Do you have to eat there or can you just get the water from the hostess?

When tipping a bartender or server extra by putting it on the receipt do they get the money themselves or does it go into a pool to be split by all those working that area that day? What about if you hand them cash ... does it go into their own pocket to does it go into a pool?

Edited by TX Catty Cruiser
added second queston

First, I want to thank whoever posted the link to cruise mapper - that's a great site with lots of info! (I tried to find the post, but too many to go thru)

Now my questions ...

In the Cheers package it says you can get the bigger bottles of water (1 or 1.5 ltr ) in the MDR or Specialty restaurants. Do you have to eat there or can you just get the water from the hostess?

When tipping a bartender or server extra by putting it on the receipt do they get the money themselves or does it go into a pool to be split by all those working that area that day? What about if you hand them cash ... does it go into their own pocket to does it go into a pool?

I can't answer your question about the water because I don't know, but as far as your question about tipping extra, ask different people and get different answers.

Some day they've talked to servers and they say they get it if you write it in, others say it goes into a pool.

The majority of answers I've heard is that write-ins go to a pool at that particular bar, and cash is kept by the server you hand it to.

Thanks, that is what I was hoping for:)

I wanted to also add that my husband and I brought on two bottles of wine. We asked to borrow a wine opener for the week, and our room steward did it for us with no questions asked. Just something to consider!

I didn't see the Tiramisu Martini on the Alchemy Bar Menu on the Carnival site. Was this offered as a special? Is there an additional Alchemy menu?

We loved the Alchemy bar.

Our favorites were Cucumber Sunrise (very refreshing) and she also concocted a Blueberry Basil Drop (and I think she made a strawberry one also) that was really good. I also really loved the Fiery Tropical Passion Martini.

https://www.carnival.com/onboard/bars-lounges/~/media/CCLUS/Images/pdf/Alchemymenupdf.ashx

Thanks AmberMarie. I was planning on bringing a bottle on board with me.

And definitely going to try the Alchemy Bar this time. The Remedy looks like a good one to me, as well as the deal closer. Will keep your favorites in mind also:)

and cash is kept by the server you hand it to.

That is why I bring an extra $1000.00 in cash on a cruise. Part of that is 100 $2.00 bills. Those are some of the extra tips I give to bartenders and bathroom stewards if they have them. Some do some dont. The rest is in $5.00 and $10.00s with a couple $100.00 those are for the waitstaff and room steward if they have did a great job.

Here is my cheat sheet for the alchemy:

Martini Seduction Grey Gooze Orange, red passion fruit, fresh lime

French Kiss Absolut Vanilla vodka, chambord, domaine chandon sparkling wine, lime

The Deal Closer Abolute Vanilla Vodka, Disaronno Amaretto, Irish Cream and Choc liqueur

Revved up Mohito Martini Bombay Sapphire Gin, Dry Vermouth, simple syrup, lime, mint leaves

Perfect Storm Bacardi Oakheart Spiced RUm, Bacardi Rum, Strawberry Puree, rosemary, lime

Spice Chiptole Pineapple Martini Belvedere vodka, chipotle pineapple syrup, pineapple juice, mint leaves

Forty is the new Twenty Pama Pomegranate Liqueur, Grey Goose Vodka, cranberry juice and citrus.

Cucumber Sunrise Belvedere Vodka, watermelon nectar, muddled cucumber, lime, orange juice.

Yourthful & Bold Beritini Grey Goose Orange, red passion fruit, fresh lime

The Antioxidant Belvedere Grapefruit Vodka, Aperol, tangerine, fresh lime juice and a dash of orange juice

The Remedy Goslings Black Seal Rum, Malibu Coconut Rum, orange juice, pineapple and lime juice

Fiery Tropical Passion martini Patrón Silver Tequila, Patrón Citrónge, spicy mango purée and fresh citrus

Quick fix Pernod Absinthe, Bacardi Rum, Grey Goose, Bombay Gin, Midori, citrus,dash of Sprite

Caribbean Manhattan Makers Mark Bourbon, Sweet Vermouth, spiced brown sugar syrup and bitters

Alchemist Sidecar Hennessy Black Cognac, Patrón Citrónge, fresh lime juice and simple syrup

Island Old Fashioned Bacardi 8 Rum, sugar, water and bitters

Moscow Mule Grey Goose Vodka, fresh lime juice and ginger beer

Curative Peach Cosmo Absolut Citron Vodka, Peach Schnapps, cranberry juice and fresh citrus

Restorative Basil Drop Belvedere Vodka, fresh basil, simple syrup and fresh citrus

I've had at three servers tell me that the tip that is printed on the receipt goes into a pool. If you write in an additional tip or hand them cash, it goes directly to that server. I've never had a server say anything different than that.

I drink Long Island Iced Tea's and I want to change up the liquors.

For instance, this is what I want:

swap the Beefeaters for Bombay Sapphire

swap the Sky Vodka for Grey Goose VX

swap the Bacardi Rum for Appleton Estates VX

swap the Hornitos Tequila for Patron Reposado

This would bring my drink up to $44.15, still under the new limit BUT will the bartenders actually make my drink like this and let it fall under Cheers?

You see, my thinking is that they may say that since I'm changing up the "original" spirits, it's no longer considered a Carnival Cocktail.

So, again, has anyone actually DONE this, or attempted?

_

I drink Long Island Iced Tea's and I want to change up the liquors.

For instance, this is what I want:

swap the Beefeaters for Bombay Sapphire

swap the Sky Vodka for Grey Goose VX

swap the Bacardi Rum for Appleton Estates VX

swap the Hornitos Tequila for Patron Reposado

This would bring my drink up to $44.15, still under the new limit BUT will the bartenders actually make my drink like this and let it fall under Cheers?

You see, my thinking is that they may say that since I'm changing up the "original" spirits, it's no longer considered a Carnival Cocktail.

So, again, has anyone actually DONE this, or attempted?

_

it would count as more than one drink since its not one of their listed drinks and since it would count as more than one drink, you cant do that with cheers. its not the price that is a factor here. you could not even get a double of something since it counts as 2 drinks.

you can only order what is listed in the cheers program.

it would count as more than one drink since its not one of their listed drinks and since it would count as more than one drink, you cant do that with cheers. its not the price that is a factor here. you could not even get a double of something since it counts as 2 drinks.

you can only order what is listed in the cheers program.

It's a Long Island Iced Tea. It is one of their listed drinks. I'm just upgrading the liquor.

Thanks, but that's why I was asking if anyone has done this, or attempted to do this, and what their experience was.

_

Edited by MasterMason