Best time to board the ship?

lbh11

Personally I try to get onboard early. This gives me more of an opportunity to explore the ship before it's full of people. Plus it just seems that my vacation begins sooner than if I boarded later in the day.

On the flip side, other folks here will say that by boarding later in the day you won't be faced with long lines checking in. Also others will probably chime in with other reasons for boarding early or later.

Regardless, be sure you're all onboard by the time everyone must be aboard before sailing! We wouldn't want you to "miss the boat":D

Personally I try to get onboard early. This gives me more of an opportunity to explore the ship before it's full of people. Plus it just seems that my vacation begins sooner than if I boarded later in the day.

On the flip side, other folks here will say that by boarding later in the day you won't be faced with long lines checking in. Also others will probably chime in with other reasons for boarding early or later.

Regardless, be sure you're all onboard by the time everyone must be aboard before sailing! We wouldn't want you to "miss the boat":D

I'd get to the port between 10:30-11am. You will probably have to wait after you check in, but most ships start boarding by noon at the latest. Rooms won't be open until 1 or so, but you can explore, grab lunch and just begin to chill. Have fun!

Many people on their first cruise can't wait to get on board, due to the excitement. We, after 15 cruises, still can't wait to get onboard.... We love the energy level that first day. It is infectious.

Different cruise lines have somewhat different policies about boarding. Knowing what cruise line you are going on might help us help you better.

We prefer boarding a bit later than most here on CC. Not only do we usually walk right on with no wait, we've found that our luggage is delivered within minutes of boarding. I don't know if its a coincidence or not, I figure our bags may be on the top of the heap.

We don't miss that first hour or so, we know we'll be onboard several days to explore. We've even had a couple times, when boarding has been delayed, that the early crowd has been waiting for hours in the terminal, we just have waited in line for a bit to board. I'm just not good at sitting in a terminal for an hour or more just to be on the ship earlier, I'd rather see more of the port, or go to brunch.

We try to get to port around 1:30-2:00.

Archived