Where to buy travel tickets at Kings Wharf

knot knormal

after reading all the posts about saving $.50 I am more confused then ever. Am I the only one??

If you can't get the booklet at the dock and have to go to Hamilton --- and pay for the ferry --- where in th eheck is the savings. Can you or can't you get the booklet of tickets at the dock?

As I've already posted twice on this thread, in the past ticket books have not been available at Dockyard, but last year one person said they had been able to buy the books there. Assuming that report is correct, then they may be available at Dockyard again this year. The reality is that no one will know the answer until someone who has actually been to Dockyard this year reports back on their availability.

The ticket books don't save you $.50...they save you $2 per ride over the cost of tokens. You get a book of 15 tickets for $30, which comes to $2 per ticket, versus paying $4 for each token. The savings versus transportation passes varies depending on how many times you ride the buses/ferries over the number of days your pass is good for. If you rode the buses/ferries enough the passes could actually be cheaper than the book of tickets...but that requires a lot of bus and ferry rides.

Yes, if the ticket books aren't available at Dockyard it generally won't make financial sense to make a trip to Hamilton to buy them.

The post by SBtS was very helpful. Am I correct in assuming that all prices you quoted are for one way fares per person?

Also can you buy the tokens at Kings Wharf or do you have to get them in Hamilton?

Cash and token prices that are listed are one way fares per person. Pass and ticket book prices are the total cost for the pass or ticket book.

Tokens and passes are available at Dockyard. The open question is whether ticket books will be available there.

You may purchase public transportation TICKETS (booklets 15), TOKENS and TRANSPORTATION PASS at the VISITORSINFORMATION desk, inside of the '..gazebo..' GIFT SHOP, located a few yards from the landward-end of your King's/Heritage Wharf cruise ship pier, within the Royal Naval Dockyard complex.

shoesonfire wrote, 'You may purchase public transportation TICKETS (booklets 15), TOKENS and TRANSPORTATION PASS at the VISITORSINFORMATION desk, inside of the '..gazebo..' GIFT SHOP, located a few yards from the landward-end of your King's/Heritage Wharf cruise ship pier, within the Royal Naval Dockyard complex.' Thank you shoesonfire, that clarifies it. :)

shoesonfire wrote, 'You may purchase public transportation TICKETS (booklets 15), TOKENS and TRANSPORTATION PASS at the VISITORSINFORMATION desk, inside of the '..gazebo..' GIFT SHOP, located a few yards from the landward-end of your King's/Heritage Wharf cruise ship pier, within the Royal Naval Dockyard complex.' Thank you shoesonfire, that clarifies it. :)

The poster was copying something from Trip Advisor, Maybe it's true, maybe it's not. I'd withhold judgement until someone reports back that they actually are for sale at Dockyard this year.

You see lots of things posted on the internet that aren't true.

The poster was copying something from Trip Advisor, Maybe it's true, maybe it's not. I'd withhold judgement until someone reports back that they actually are for sale at Dockyard this year.

You see lots of things posted on the internet that aren't true.

I agree or else maybe the kind Sousak can verify.:)

Archived