Riviera ship tour in Miami

Wineart

Have received another invitation for a Riviera ship tour/luncheon in Miami. Has anyone done one of these? If so, how long is the event and what did you think of it? Haven't been on Riviera, and would enjoy touring the ship but am concerned whether there's a hard sell sales approach attached to it and whether I'm going to feel like I'm being held hostage!

A ship's tour typically involves a walk thru and lunch. It is usually "to the trade" and includes empty stateroom(s) and public areas. It's to show off the ship, not a hard sell. I tried, unsuccessfully, to tour Marina on its initial visit to NYC.

I am guessing a few hours

we have been onboard when they have had the TA's tour the ship & they usually serve lunch in the GDR

I am not sure "hostage' is not a word I would use for the experience

You could leave when you want just check out with crew at the gangway give back the pass so they do not think you are stowing away

When is this invitation for?

Thanks, Jan, that was the type of information I was looking for. I haven't been on O in a couple of years and it looks like they're trying to get past cruisers back in the fold by doing a ship tour. I just don't like high pressure sales techniques, and wanted to make sure this wouldn't be that type of situation.

Have received another invitation for a Riviera ship tour/luncheon in Miami. Has anyone done one of these? If so, how long is the event and what did you think of it? Haven't been on Riviera, and would enjoy touring the ship but am concerned whether there's a hard sell sales approach attached to it and whether I'm going to feel like I'm being held hostage!

YOU MIGHT FIND VISITING RIVIERA SIMILAR TO HELL WEEK IN US NAVY SEAL TRAINING. BUT A STIFF UPPER LIP SHOULD SEE YOU THROUGH AN INTRODUCTORY PRESENTATION AND "RECIPE FOR SUCCESS" DVD WHILE WINE AND CHAMPAGNE IS SERVED TO MELLOW THIS HARDSHIP. YOU MIGHT ALSO BE OFFERED A DISCOUNT AND PRE-PAID GRATUITIES FOR BOOKING MADE BEFORE DISEMBARKATION. THIS WILL BE FOLLOWED BY A FORCE MARCH VIEWING CABINS AND SUITES (IF ANY ARE EMPTY) AND LIVE FIRE TOUR THROUGH PUBLIC ROOMS. THOSE SURVING WILL THEN BE "HELD HOSTAGE" IN THE MESS HALL (GRAND DINING ROOM ON RIVIERA) AND OFFERED A CHOICE OF WHITE OR RED WINE.. FROM BOTTEMLESS BOTTLES. THE MENU MIGHT CONSIST OF DEN MISO GLAZED SEA BASS, SLOW COOKED SHORT RIB PERIGOURDINI, AND PASTRY CHIF"S SELECTION OF PETIT FOURS AND MACAROONS.

HARD SELL...INDEED!:eek:

YOU MIGHT FIND VISITING RIVIERA SIMILAR TO HELL WEEK IN US NAVY SEAL TRAINING. BUT A STIFF UPPER LIP SHOULD SEE YOU THROUGH AN INTRODUCTORY PRESENTATION AND "RECIPE FOR SUCCESS" DVD WHILE WINE AND CHAMPAGNE IS SERVED TO MELLOW THIS HARDSHIP. YOU MIGHT ALSO BE OFFERED A DISCOUNT AND PRE-PAID GRATUITIES FOR BOOKING MADE BEFORE DISEMBARKATION. THIS WILL BE FOLLOWED BY A FORCE MARCH VIEWING CABINS AND SUITES (IF ANY ARE EMPTY) AND LIVE FIRE TOUR THROUGH PUBLIC ROOMS. THOSE SURVING WILL THEN BE "HELD HOSTAGE" IN THE MESS HALL (GRAND DINING ROOM ON RIVIERA) AND OFFERED A CHOICE OF WHITE OR RED WINE.. FROM BOTTEMLESS BOTTLES. THE MENU MIGHT CONSIST OF DEN MISO GLAZED SEA BASS, SLOW COOKED SHORT RIB PERIGOURDINI, AND PASTRY CHIF"S SELECTION OF PETIT FOURS AND MACAROONS.

ROTFL

Jancruz1

They are showing our suite at the time of that tour. We will not have access until 1:15, so I am assuming that is the time you will be finished. It is an Owners Suite.

I took a tour by Crystal once. Went with my TA and there was lunch and they showed a couple of cabin types. It was a very nice event.

I definitely would go. As an aside, and I am joking of course, I hope you don't like the suite--it gives us a better chance to book it! LOL. We have booked 6 different legs on the Riviera for the future!

What a nice fun thing to do.

This is so hysterical. I love, love, love your sense of humor!!! Takes the word "hostage" to a whole n'other level:D.

Archived