E docs question

I don't know why I forgot this,but we are 47 days from sailing.When I go to my reservation and click on vacation document status , there is no e-mail address, and I am not able to put it in, or select electronic delivery , or anything, probably because I am booked through a TA.She told me that she, the TA, will send them..When I look at my booking through the TA , it says I will receive them 1 week before departure. I called Royal and they said they will show up when I log in to their website at 49 days prior. So I did, and still nothing. I could swear last time I received them long before 1 week prior to sailing. Can someone set me straight ? Thank you.

I don't know why I forgot this,but we are 47 days from sailing.When I go to my reservation and click on vacation document status , there is no e-mail address, and I am not able to put it in, or select electronic delivery , or anything, probably because I am booked through a TA.She told me that she, the TA, will send them..When I look at my booking through the TA , it says I will receive them 1 week before departure. I called Royal and they said they will show up when I log in to their website at 49 days prior. So I did, and still nothing. I could swear last time I received them long before 1 week prior to sailing. Can someone set me straight ? Thank you.

You should have access to the edocs (Guest Vacation Documents) at 49 days. We use a TA all the time, and like you say, we cannot change the method or email address, but we still get access to the edocs. One thing I do know that can delay edocs is if you used Choice Air.

The 49 day mark is not set in stone. That is the usually issuing date from when you depart. Here is the information from the RCI website on When will my cruise documents arrive and what should I expect?

No air involved..They are just not showing yet for some reason. Thanks for the reply..

does the correct reservation show up? has the TA given you his reservation number or the RCI booking number. Ask your TA for the RCI booking number.

Steve

The eDocs are located on the RCCL webpage under Before You Board, Countdown to Cruise.

1. Sign in on the right

2. Under Guest Vacation Documents click on Check Status

3. Click on View Document

4. Once the document appears click on PDF icon (lower right hand corner)

5. Once the document loads, click on file (upper left hand corner)

6. Click on Save As

7. Click on where you want to save the file.

There you go, you now have a file that you can review or print out.

The eDocs are located on the RCCL webpage under Before You Board, Countdown to Cruise.

1. Sign in on the right

6. Click on Save As

You will only find them there once they've been issued.:)

View document is as far as I can go..After that, nothing will respond , and I cannot select electronic or put in e mail address.

1. Sign in on the right

6. Click on Save As

You used a TA. One of the very few reasons to use a TA is they are supposed to be "full service". Tell your TA you want your docs and they should take care of it. It's their problem and their commission. They can print them and mail them to you, perhaps email you a copy. But that's what they're for. If you're going to bother to jump through hoops and troubleshoot this thing yourself, then don't bother with a TA next time.

People are letting TA's off the hook way too easy.

You used a TA. One of the very few reasons to use a TA is they are supposed to be "full service". Tell your TA you want your docs and they should take care of it. It's their problem and their commission. They can print them and mail them to you, perhaps email you a copy. But that's what they're for. If you're going to bother to jump through hoops and troubleshoot this thing yourself, then don't bother with a TA next time.

People are letting TA's off the hook way too easy.

We use a TA and we can view our e-docs when they are issued. In fact, we get the issue notice on our Cruise Documentation page before RCI sends her the email notice that they are ready to view.

• 1 month later...
I am 24 days from sailing and the E-docs are still not available on the RCCL web site (booked with a TA).

Should I be concerned?

You can call RCCL directly for that since the link to the edocs is something they provided. On my last cruise my edocs were not showing up when everyone else in our group had them so I called RCCL directly even though I booked with a TA. It took Royal about ten minutes to fix it.

Sent from my Droid RAZR M using Tapatalk 2

Question is the bold type for a reason? Could be closer to 40 days prior to sailing.

You can call RCCL directly for that since the link to the edocs is something they provided. On my last cruise my edocs were not showing up when everyone else in our group had them so I called RCCL directly even though I booked with a TA. It took Royal about ten minutes to fix it.

I did call RCCL and was told I should contact my TA. My TA said to wait another week and see if they (magically) appear.

had the same situation as you. Booked through a TA, but had not had the documents issued. At 49 days out, I called RCI and was told they are usually done 45 days out, so I should have them the following week.

I also wanted to make sure I was able to put in my email address for electronic delivery, but that wasn't working for me. The RCI rep said to just keep checking back to my dashboard online.

The weekend of March 9th, I saw that the documents were finally issued. I'm sailing on April 7th, so this was less than a month out. About two days later, I received an email with the documents as well.

Archived