Travel Bags

craftsnvines

I saw advertised those travel bags that shrink up flat when you use a vaccum and suck out the air. They are suppose to be good for traveling:confused: Has anyone used these? Do those really work? Do the clothes end up wrinkled? Any advice would be appreciated.

I saw advertised those travel bags that shrink up flat when you use a vaccum and suck out the air. They are suppose to be good for traveling:confused: Has anyone used these? Do those really work? Do the clothes end up wrinkled? Any advice would be appreciated.

i used to have those...you have to be careful not to pack too much into the bags cause they pop pretty easily...and some things did end up a bit wrinkled...

If i had to buy them again i wouldn't..i didn't think they saved that much room in my suitcase...

maybe you could try those huge ziploc bags...same idea but without the vaccum thingy.

I have not personally used them.....yet. On another thread someone suggested using them for the dirty laundry on the home-bound trip. You don't care if the stuff is wrinkled and you now have more room for all the souveniers you've purchased. They said it gives them a lot of free space since the dirty clothes get so compact in these bags.

Made sense to me, so I may buy some for our next trip.

Jane

Problem with them is they work so well that you will get over

the 50 pound per bag limit real fast!!

We use ziplock bags and they work just as well.

Even found some 2 gallon size!!

Sounds good but one problem, where will you find a vacuum on the ship?

I have not personally used them.....yet. On another thread someone suggested using them for the dirty laundry on the home-bound trip. You don't care if the stuff is wrinkled and you now have more room for all the souveniers you've purchased. They said it gives them a lot of free space since the dirty clothes get so compact in these bags.

Made sense to me, so I may buy some for our next trip.

Jane

Sounds good but one problem, where will you find a vacuum on the ship?

The travel ones you roll up to squeeze the air out . They have special air flaps theat let air out but not in.

I use them on my return trip then I have room for other "stuff"

We use ziplock bags and they work just as well.

Even found some 2 gallon size!!

I love ziplock bags. I bag a whole outfit, underwear, socks, shirt, pants, accessories. Slip it, press down on the bag and get the air out. Presto. Put dirty clothes back in and throw in my suitcase. Dh was skeptical on our 1st cruise but now he loves the ziplock bags.

Last winter I came home from my cruise with unworn summer clothes. Took out the clean underwear and threw the ziplock bag in my storage container. I recently took them out and was quite surprised they were so unwrinkled.

Ziplocks are the BEST tip I learned on these boards.

I use the ones you roll up to let the air out. They have a one way valve, and actually I just sit on them instead of rolling to avoid bad wrinkles.

I have used them multiple times, and feel they save me significant space, AND keep other people's hands off my clothes at the airport if they have to open my bag. On my last cruise, all of our bags were inspected, but they did not open my space bags!

You will get a few wrinkles in your clothes, but if you unpack immediately and get some wrinkle release, you should be fine.

Archived