change in DSC??

nursemommy7578

This is what mine says right now for 3 people, 7 day cruise:

Add Prepaid Service Charges

The convenience of pre-paying service charges allows you to plan your budget prior to your cruise giving you additional freedom while on board. A discretionary charge of $ 12.00 per person per day for all guests 3 years or older will automatically be added to your onboard account. Your service charges will total $ 252.00 for all guests, for your entire cruise.

A discretionary charge of $ 12.00 per person per day for all guests 3 years or older will automatically be added to your onboard account. Your service charges will total $ 864.00 for all guests, for your entire cruise.

$864.00 in tips? You better order room service A LOT and you better get that extra lobster tail when you ask for it!

Did anybody else notice the the OP is from Canada - could it be the difference between the us dollar and the can dollar???

All amounts that are charged to our account are in US Dollars. When we pay with our CC, the bank adjusts the amount to be charged at the current exchange rate at time of purchase.

When we get our monthly statement, it will show what actually was charged at the time of purchase. So sometimes we would pay more and sometimes it would be less than what the original cost was. But with the way both Dollars are fluctuating so often right now, the difference is very small, pennies at most.

You just have to remember that the banks like to get their pound of flesh when doing the exchange, so you have to figure that cost in as well.

cheers...the Ump...:D

$864.00 in tips? You better order room service A LOT and you better get that extra lobster tail when you ask for it!

No one is forced to go on the cruise. If you think it's too much, stay home.

FYI - NCL stopped doing Canadian/US $ exchanges over a year ago. All prices are listed in US dollars.

THE DSC HAS NOT GONE UP!

There, yes, I'm yelling so all those who keep re-speculating will maybe see it.

The DSC is $12 pp/pd. The problem is that SOME of the cruise dates are experiencing a computer glitch which shows 1 DAY LESS than the cruise actually is. There are a number of sailings that this has happened to (mine included) and because the # of days is incorrect (as viewed from your MyNCL page - on the upper right) the DSC shows an incorrect daily amount.

In the end, the $ paid for the DSC still adds up to $12pp/pd.

THERE IS NO NEED TO PANIC!

Happy Sailing everyone!

:D:D:D:D:D

Just logged into My NCL and today it states not able to display this option. I hope this doesn't mean that there is an increase in the works as previous posters have noticed. In the past it had the $12 per day amount. Carol

That happens all the time. Please, stop worrying. See my post below which explains why some people are seeing a different amount. Go and enjoy your cruise without worry. ;)

THE DSC HAS NOT GONE UP!

There, yes, I'm yelling so all those who keep re-speculating will maybe see it.

The DSC is $12 pp/pd. The problem is that SOME of the cruise dates are experiencing a computer glitch which shows 1 DAY LESS than the cruise actually is. There are a number of sailings that this has happened to (mine included) and because the # of days is incorrect (as viewed from your MyNCL page - on the upper right) the DSC shows an incorrect daily amount.

In the end, the $ paid for the DSC still adds up to $12pp/pd.

THERE IS NO NEED TO PANIC!

Happy Sailing everyone!

:D:D:D:D:D

Let's see if some graphics from my MyNCL page will help with all this confusion.

We are sailing on the Jewel in two weeks. It's a 7-Day round trip from NY. However, here is what the graphics on the top of my page look like...

My Account 6- Day Cruise on Mar 10, 2013

And here is what it says when I click on the Pre-pay DSC button...

Add Prepaid Service Charges Why is there a service charge?

The convenience of pre-paying service charges allows you to plan your budget prior to your cruise giving you additional freedom while on board. A discretionary charge of $ 14.00 per person per day for all guests 3 years or older will automatically be added to your onboard account. Your service charges will total $ 420.00 for all guests, for your entire cruise.

There are 5 passengers in our Suite. 5 x $12 = $60 x 7 days = $420.

I sure hope this helps people to understand this flukey computer glitch is the only issue,and that the DSC is not changing.

;)

I think thats Princess :confused:

edit: I know it was different when we sailed them.

Just to keep things accurate, Princess gratuities are $11.50 pp/per day

for all cabins except mini suites & suites; they are $12.00 pp/per day.

Archived