riviera, deck 7 , B3, any opinions? Oceania

Jayrrrrrrr

Just returned from Riviera in 7115 (B4 now, to be B3 late 2013). Loved the oversized balcony (our cabin steward, Jimmy, brought us 2 loungers :)). Found Deck 7 to be quiet & smoother than the higher decks. We're now Oceania cheerleaders!

Thank you for your reply and that deck 7 is quiet...my cabin 7097 will not have

an oversized balcony...and i'm right above the bar....i do hope that location will be quiet...

I do not think you will have a problem it is well insulated against the noise from below/above

Enjoy the cruise

Thank you for your reply and that deck 7 is quiet...my cabin 7097 will not have

an oversized balcony...and i'm right above the bar....i do hope that location will be quiet...

No need to worry whatsoever. You are above the Grand Bar, which I call the purple bar (lighting) which is hardly ever busy. There is no piano or events such as trivia or name that tune at all. And before you ask about being by the stirs and elevator let me put you at ease. There is no noise at all and your cabin is very convenient when you get off the elevator or when you use the stairs to burn off the calories fro the wonderful food you will experience;)

Thank you for putting my mind to ease...We're looking forward to a lovely cruise...heard table for two at prime times are difficult...will do my best..am very experienced with celebrity and reflection, so if anyone wants info, let me know...

Does any one know a beach i can taxi to on st Bart's to swim in a calm bay for an hour, then get back to ship for lunch....shell beach can cut my feet bottoms...

Thank you for putting my mind to ease...We're looking forward to a lovely cruise...heard table for two at prime times are difficult...will do my best..am very experienced with celebrity and reflection, so if anyone wants info, let me know...

Does any one know a beach i can taxi to on st Bart's to swim in a calm bay for an hour, then get back to ship for lunch....shell beach can cut my feet bottoms...

We've sailed both the R & M class on O an we never had a problem getting a table for 2. We reserved our allotted specialty dinners on line and for all other dining we always got a table for 2. On our last cruise we had a cabin under the main dining #7111 and we did not hear a thing. Water shoes come in very handy...inexpensive and practical for walking on the beach.

Our experience has been that it can be harder to SHARE a table than to get one for two.

I can't believe you'd have a problem. Maybe in the specialty restaurants at certain hours ...

But even so, we prefer to share tables and fairly frequently have been sent to a table for two. We don't ask for tables for two so I cannot swear that you would not have a problem getting one ... But based on our experienc, you won't.

We tend to go to dinner around 7:30-8:15. If you go earlier or later, you really should not have a problem.

Mura

Thank you Mura, and all...you've a;; been so helpful...this is a wonderful place!

still hoping i can find a beach, with chair and umbrella to rent, and a swim, then lunch on the ship on st barts that the taxi won't cost that much...(first time there), been to eastern Carib over 200 times...seriously...just never to st harts...

Back around 1984 or 1985 we were staying at an empty condo on Anguilla. Next door to our beach was a hotel that never quite built but had a great beach. (We had snorkeling, they had lovely swimming.)

We were swimming there one day when a yacht sailed over from St. Barts and the (French) occupants were clearly resentful that we were swimming at THEIR beach.

We didn't leave, however ...

Too bad our condo went broke shortly thereafter. We were paying $225/week for a two bedroom condo with maid service. Sigh. Gone are the days. Now Anguilla is filled with fancy resorts that start at around $1,000 a night. Or more.

Have a great cruise!

Mura

on antigua we're planning to taxi to Dickenson Bay Beach...told it's lovely, have chairs/umbrellas to rent...and get some warm salt water on my body, swimming, then back to the ship for lunch...st johns/antigua looks beautiful....

I used to go to morningstar beach on st thomas in the 80's and 90's...same deal as you...small, private, some amenities, very boutiques, now it's $1,000. a night resort....

We were just there in late Dec. and went to Shell Beach. Yes there are thousands of shells but most of the beach is sandy. I swam there in bare feet and not a single cut. Besides it's walkable from the tender dock.

Hi jayr.... we went to little Dix Bay last year on cruise with Marina ....suggest have ship call ahead (front desk) just to confirm okay to visit resort...sometimes they are at capacity and may not let visitors in...the resort is beautiful...we where at the beach... and bought some souvenirs at the gift shop...we had a great time....lol.........

Have been to St. Barts a few times ...can walk to Shell Beach..it is okay but don't sit in the water with shells ..as my husband did and stunk like a fish ..:( looking forward to shopping there as have always been there on Sunday with only a few shops open...have a fun time ...lol........

Archived