Cabin Upgrade Question

hockeyucf

Hi, I'm still new and didn't know where to post this, or even if this was an "okay" thing to post, but here goes: We're sailing on the Diamond on July 30th, booked online to an inside cabin. I noticed that the price of an oceanview (albeit obstructed) has dropped and wondered if there's ever any way to "trade" up? Would I contact Princess or the travel agency? Is it even worth it if it's an obstructed view? I would LOVE to surprise my sweetheart with a balcony, but the numbers just won't work for me :( I thought this might be a close second...

Thoughts, suggestions, other ways to upgrade, success stories would be greatly appreciated!

Hi, I'm still new and didn't know where to post this, or even if this was an "okay" thing to post, but here goes: We're sailing on the Diamond on July 30th, booked online to an inside cabin. I noticed that the price of an oceanview (albeit obstructed) has dropped and wondered if there's ever any way to "trade" up? Would I contact Princess or the travel agency? Is it even worth it if it's an obstructed view? I would LOVE to surprise my sweetheart with a balcony, but the numbers just won't work for me :( I thought this might be a close second...

Thoughts, suggestions, other ways to upgrade, success stories would be greatly appreciated!

I guess it depends on if it's an actual price drop or a flash special. I wouldn't waste time waiting for an answer here since it may not be the right one, I would call or travel agency right away and see what they can do for you.

Don't bother calling Princess because if you're with a TA, they won't deal with your booking at all.

if i was your sweetheart, i wouldn't care about the cabin type...just havin' my favorite person with me is good enuff :)

however, if you really wanted the window, i'd call the cruise line and get them to upgrade you ;)

I guess it depends on if it's an actual price drop or a flash special. I wouldn't waste time waiting for an answer here since it may not be the right one, I would call or travel agency right away and see what they can do for you.
LOL, cjskids!

To the OP: Since you are a newbie and all, FYI, after final payments are due and paid for(~70 days out), most sale prices are flash specials or for new bookings only, and are not available to currently booked pax. But cjskids is absolutely correct in telling you that the fastest way to find out if there is anything to be done for you in the way of an upgrade is to contact your TA. There are always stories of TA's that can persuade or finagle a little bit of an upgrade right after final payment. It does not hurt to ask, but do not feel disappointed if the answer is "no", they are not picking on you alone.

LOL, cjskids!

To the OP: Since you are a newbie and all, FYI, after final payments are due and paid for(~70 days out), most sale prices are flash specials or for new bookings only, and are not available to currently booked pax. But cjskids is absolutely correct in telling you that the fastest way to find out if there is anything to be done for you in the way of an upgrade is to contact your TA. There are always stories of TA's that can persuade or finagle a little bit of an upgrade right after final payment. It does not hurt to ask, but do not feel disappointed if the answer is "no", they are not picking on you alone.

Well said.

We got an upgrade from interior to outside when we had already made final payment, we went to our TA and she called Princess and they upgraded to outside and a shipboard credit of 225 dollars. So it can be done. we are repeater Princess cruisers...

We got an upgrade from interior to outside when we had already made final payment, we went to our TA and she called Princess and they upgraded to outside and a shipboard credit of 225 dollars. So it can be done. we are repeater Princess cruisers...

Being a past cruiser makes no difference - it is all in the luck of the draw!

Ron

We got an upgrade after our final payment. Had to be a litte pushy with our TA but it was done. At first she said she checked with princess and the price was the same as we had paid. We then told her of two places where the price was lower. She called princess again and they said they would see what they could do. After that I never heard back from our TA but I looked online and our room number had been changed. We went from inside to obstructed view. I hope I consider this an upgrade when I see our room. :)

If you are lucky enough to get an upgrade I wouldn't credit it to your TA. It seems that you did all the background work on this. You should can your TA and seek out another for your next trip that's willing to work for you.

The cruise lines pay good commissions to the agencies and TAs get a portion of that.

If they won't work for you don't give them your business again. That way they'll learn.

Ciao for now!!!

Archived