A must-read review of the Triumph!

Ladysilver

I think so too. :)

Me three! I do believe there were people griping about it, but they would be the same ones complaining if everything went off without a hitch. I think for the most part, the majority of people come together in times of need or crisis, with the minority needing to be coddled and pacified.

Now, if only that review would end up in the news room...

This part really got me:

" There were some elderly that were having a hard time with all of the stair climbing that was necessary, but they come from a different generation....one that wasn't steeped in the "entitlement" mentality that recent generations seem to have. The elders on the boat, although having a hard time, were some of the most positive people I encountered!!"

When all this was going on I remember thinking how people react to the situation is all going to be about perspective. The initial fire must have been terrifying - being woken up early in the morning, confusion, smoke, and all. But then once everyone realized they were out of immediate danger then it's a matter of stepping up and doing the best you can.

I thought how my grandparents would not only have taken it in stride, but pitched in any way they could, offered what they had to others - because I saw them doing that all their lives. And so much is because of where they came from - the depression and escaping Europe during the war. Now they knew suffering!

I think our generation watches too much reality TV and thinks that being melodramatic, selfish and entitled is the acceptable way to act.

Great review. Just fabulous. Thanks for pointing it out!

That is a great review! It makes me sick that so many are trying to make a quick buck by exaggerating the truth. I am sure it was not the most comfortable experience but some of these lawsuits are just ridiculous. It seems it is the young, able bodied that are suing too...

Thanks to the OP for posting the link.

Nice review!! Unfortunately the news media has to have something to talk about and the more dramatic it is the more they can talk about it. I had friend on the ship and they too felt that for the most part it was an inconvenience but not in anyway horrific. They posted on Facebook the facts and myths of the cruise as they say it and it disputed most of what the media reported on as well as what some of the very angry cruisers have said.

Quite often it isn't so much about what happened, or the problem; but rather about how it was handled that makes the difference.

Apparently this was handled well by carnival and that is what is important.

Everyone who knows I cruise have been questioning me since this event. "You see....this is why I won't cruise." Or "hey, you cruise allot, will you still go on the same cruise line?" Many state their fears and I, personally, don't understand it. I suppose your car never broke down? Things happen. Plane engines catch fire all the time. Planes also crash. Lately they have been having problems with battery fires on the newer planes. People are still flying and not thinking twice about it. Should I even mention hijacking?

An indecent on a cruise ship surly isn't fun but things go wrong occasionally, whether it's a plane, car, bus, train or boat. Compare how many times there is a problem compared to the amount of trips though. And as I stated earlier, it isn't the problem but how it is handled that is important.

Besides the fact that maybe now something might be put in place to prevent something like this from happening again.

It seems Carnival handled the situation well; as from what I have read of engine fires from fuel leaks in a line like that, they can quickly turn into a real disaster.

Not a chance in hell. Positive news doesn't sell advertising.

Negative news doesn't sell advertising. Ratings sell advertising and the proof is in the pudding. You folks love negative stuff and that’s why FOX has taken over and why CNN is playing catch-up. Remember when CNN used to make fun of the tabloid news? Anyone remember "Is Your Dog Pyschic". Now they are just as bad and even the evening news on the big three is not what it used to be...whats left PBS, CBC BBC? ...or maybe the most accurate account of what happened on Triumph is right here on CC.

Archived