Requested table size

SandraLee

I remember in past cruises there was a place in the 'my cruises' section to request being seated at a large (8-10) or smaller (2-6) table size.

I don't see that on my upcoming Jewel cruise. Am I missing it or is that option gone?

I remember in past cruises there was a place in the 'my cruises' section to request being seated at a large (8-10) or smaller (2-6) table size.

I don't see that on my upcoming Jewel cruise. Am I missing it or is that option gone?

I had to make a request for a table for 4 over the phone with RC. When we boarded the ship, we had been placed at a table for 10. We then asked for a table for 4 (again) and was put in a separate room away from the beautiful MDR. We felt like we were being punished. After dining in there for 2 nights, we decided going to the Windjammer was a lot better.

I don't recall, but our TA has always put us at the requested table size. I suppose if you went through RC, they could do something similar.

I would also check at the MDR once you get onboard. They can move your seating arrangements and times if it isn't what you wanted.

I really don't like to be around other people's children. And kids always try to be the center of attention. I want to have adult conversations when I dine and I really don't care to here about what your kids did at Adventure Ocean today. Know what I mean?

Elvis

I emailed RCLDining@rccl.com and got a response that my request had been forwarded to the ship. Now, I do not know if the ship will honor my request or not.

Ok, thanks... Just wondering if I missed the selection.

I'm sure I'll take whatever is given. I like the surprise.

When you get on board, just go straight to MDR. If whatever you thought you pre-arranged didn't happen they can fix it then. If you wait, then they are less likely to be able to fix it.

Would I be out of line if I requested a table with no children?

You could, but it's probably not as likely to go through unless you request a table for two or MTD.

Does anyone know for sure if the staff could accomodate that?

You can request a certain size table, and they will acknowledge your request. All they are acknowledging is that you requested a certain size table. Not that you will get it.

When you get aboard ship, go immediately to the MDR and find your table.

If it isn’t what you requested, talk to the Maitre'D, tell him what you requested and what you actually received.

If he doesn’t give you what you want, slip him $10. Don’t laugh, I did this one time and he took the money and gave me the table I wanted.

The Maitre’D will often try to get you to wait until the second night before you get the table you want. Don’t fall for this. He is thinking that you will be embarrassed to ask for a different table after you sit with others the first night.

My wife and I always ask for a table for two. I don’t hear well, and I just can’t be a part of any conversation with others in the loud MDR.

It’s embarrassing and I feel rude asking people to repeat everything.

Of all the cruises we have taken, I have never been given the table for two that I always request, without going through the Maitre’D.

I always get what I want but never before going through the process I just spoke of.

You can request a certain size table, and they will acknowledge your request. All they are acknowledging is that you requested a certain size table. Not that you will get it.

When you get aboard ship, go immediately to the MDR and find your table.

If it isn’t what you requested, talk to the Maitre'D, tell him what you requested and what you actually received.

If he doesn’t give you what you want, slip him $10. Don’t laugh, I did this one time and he took the money and gave me the table I wanted.

The Maitre’D will often try to get you to wait until the second night before you get the table you want. Don’t fall for this. He is thinking that you will be embarrassed to ask for a different table after you sit with others the first night.

My wife and I always ask for a table for two. I don’t hear well, and I just can’t be a part of any conversation with others in the loud MDR.

It’s embarrassing and I feel rude asking people to repeat everything.

Of all the cruises we have taken, I have never been given the table for two that I always request, without going through the Maitre’D.

I always get what I want but never before going through the process I just spoke of.

I actually had a much better experience. After reading on theses boards a couple of years ago that I can email and request a smaller table, I tried it and have always gotten my request.

It started on the Liberty when I traveled with my two young kids. We requested and actually got a table for three. I even pushed it a few times on the Majesty and asked for a table for two near the window and got it. I always check my table as soon as I board the ship and was never disappointed.

I guess after reading this, I could just consider myself lucky but they've been accommodating thus far.

They generally don't seat families with folks who aren't traveling with kids.

That has been our experience until this last cruise when my family (me, husband and kids 6 & 10) were seated with a couple with a baby, and a retired couple who I'm sure would've preferred to sit with other couples without kids. They were very nice and seemed to enjoy our kids but if I were them I would've asked to move!

Archived