Post cruise depression...

We just got back last Saturday from a 7 day Eastern Carribean cruise on Oasis, and I am finding myself a little depressed to not still be on the ship. Is this a normal feeling?!? We had such an awesome time on that ship and had the BEST service from everyone we encountered the whole week.

This is only our second cruise (the first was last January on the Navigator with four other couples), but our first one alone as a couple, and we enjoyed both of them equally, but for different reasons. Now I think I need to round out my cruising experience by planning a new one, but with our mostly-grown children (ages 23, 20, 13) ... as they would have loved the amenities on the Oasis. Of course, I will probably opt for the Allure, so we have different shows.

Is this how everyone feels after coming off a cruise? It must be, since I see most people have a lot of cruises under their belt. I think I'm addicted now, too:)

I fully understand feeling depressed after a cruise on fabulous Oasis. I agree with Billy Elliott above to quickly book another cruise so you have something to look forward to. May I suggest this time you book Allure? Although Oasis is fabulous, I like Allure even better and they have enough difference that you won't feel as if you are seeing the "smae old, same old."

Edited by Gangway Style

We got off our cruise 20 days ago. Not that I'm counting. Usually I look forward to coming home after vacation and getting back into the routine. Not this time! We had such a good time I got home and immediately started looking into another one. And here am I, with no cruise to plan...still on cruise critic, living vicariously through everyone else!

I'm investigating other cruises to take...but my husband thinks there should be some variety in vacations...and that a cruise is fun every 5 years or so. Clearly I have my work cut out for me in convincing him!

We got off Oasis Saturday, too. Yes, we are depressed as usual. Even though we have a Dec and Feb cruises booked, it will be a long time until I here that"ding" as we punch in on ship. :( I do love our cruises, wheter with a group or alone.... it's amazing!

And YES... we are totally addicted! :D

I think using the word "depressed" is overkill, isn't it? Ever known someone with a real mental illness (eg. depression) ? Totally not the same thing.

I'm certain that the OP is in no way implying that they are suffering from clinical depression. Its simply a form of speech; I think we know what was meant. Well, I at least I didn't take it that seriously.

HAZARD OF BEING CRUISE ADDICTED!

One just can't live without them!!!!!!

The more you do it,

the more you want it!!!!!;)

Toes in the water, Ass in the sand,

Not a worry in the world,

a Cold Beer in my Hand,

Life is Good Today!!!

Zac Brown Band!!

Edited by ssb

That feeling hits me on that last night as I start to pack up...However small previews of it start sometimes as soon as you get onboard and there's talk of information about debarking...and those tidbits in the Cruise Compass and flyers left in your cabin...YIKES...I just got here :eek::eek:

It's been 32 days since I got off my last cruise.. (but who's counting) and another 102 days till my next one. The best way to get over it is to start planning another immediately. Even if you can't book it yet.

I always have one booked and one in the plans. Right now I have 2 booked and one in the plans, plus a quick weekend trip to Vegas, another week trip with my husband to a reunion and another long weekend trip to visit friends in the fall.

I find I constantly have to have a trip to plan.

We got off our cruise 20 days ago. Not that I'm counting. Usually I look forward to coming home after vacation and getting back into the routine. Not this time! We had such a good time I got home and immediately started looking into another one. And here am I, with no cruise to plan...still on cruise critic, living vicariously through everyone else!

I'm investigating other cruises to take...but my husband thinks there should be some variety in vacations...and that a cruise is fun every 5 years or so. Clearly I have my work cut out for me in convincing him!

Why not book a short cruise (3 or 4 day) with a girlfriend? I did that for the first time recently and it was so much fun!

Good grief! I said I was a "little" depressed ... didn't realize that the term "depressed" was exclusively used for clinical depression. It is negative responses like this that make reading the boards frustrating for me.

Basically, I was writing because I had just had a fantastic cruising experience and excited to realize that I finally caught on to the idea of people being addicted to cruising ... something I never would have thought possible prior to my first cruise last year! Way to try and burst my bubble ... sorry you didn't succeed:)

If my wife only wanted to go on a cruise every 5 years......I would be cruising solo a lot or with a friend...

As u can see from my next cruises, having the next cruise booked is a great way to deal with PCD

Edited by OTownNick

Good grief! I said I was a "little" depressed ... didn't realize that the term "depressed" was exclusively used for clinical depression. It is negative responses like this that make reading the boards frustrating for me.

Basically, I was writing because I had just had a fantastic cruising experience and excited to realize that I finally caught on to the idea of people being addicted to cruising ... something I never would have thought possible prior to my first cruise last year! Way to try and burst my bubble ... sorry you didn't succeed:)

Ignore some of the response you will get on here. Most of the people you will talk to are great people, but there is always one.... We know exactly what you meant. My friend, you are hooked. Plan the next one and start the count down!!