Epic not stopping in Nassau?

racnwdow

Reading about how crowded and slow process it is to get out of the port, I am wondering if I should cancel my Atlantis Aquaventure tour as it's costing $150 pp and who knows we might have to tender on our cruise which will take away an hour or so of already short time we have there.:mad:

I've never heard of tendering in Nassau. Maybe someone else can elaborate on that one.

Reading about how crowded and slow process it is to get out of the port, I am wondering if I should cancel my Atlantis Aquaventure tour as it's costing $150 pp and who knows we might have to tender on our cruise which will take away an hour or so of already short time we have there.:mad:

When we did the Aquaventure tour, they took out out a different gate than the non-tour people walk out of when going into town. However, coming back, we had to go through the building like everybody else. It was a little backed up, but not enough to worry about.

Why would any rational human being yell, scream or cry about missing a port? I want to grab and shake people like that sometimes....)

I was on the sailing that missed Nassau & I was not at all upset because it is not one of my favorite ports. I've been on about 30 cruises so not a big deal for me.

With regard to someone crying though, a fellow passenger stopped to ask me a question and in the course of our conversation she went on to say she traveled from a distance, has been married 37 yrs. & this was the first vacation she & her husband have ever had. It was a big expense for them & she was so looking forward to each of the ports. If it took them 37 years for this vacation I can only guess they may not be able to do something like this again. It made me realize that what I take for granted was her special dream. She did have tears in her eyes & I really felt for her. I could only tell her I was so sorry & could understand her disappointment. Did I consider her irrational??...not at all! Maybe she was one that someone saw crying.

Believe me, I know bad cruise experiences, my cruise this past summer ended abruptly when my closest lifelong friend suffered a massive stroke on our cruise, went into a coma & ultimately died. Yet still, I wouldn't dismiss that woman's sadness over a missed port as not worthy of her tears. It was her disappointment at that moment & important to her. People screaming & nasty at staff who had nothing to do with it is a whole 'nother story for which I have no patience!!!!

I was on the sailing that missed Nassau & I was not at all upset because it is not one of my favorite ports. I've been on about 30 cruises so not a big deal for me.

With regard to someone crying though, a fellow passenger stopped to ask me a question and in the course of our conversation she went on to say she traveled from a distance, has been married 37 yrs. & this was the first vacation she & her husband have ever had. It was a big expense for them & she was so looking forward to each of the ports. If it took them 37 years for this vacation I can only guess they may not be able to do something like this again. It made me realize that what I take for granted was her special dream. She did have tears in her eyes & I really felt for her. I could only tell her I was so sorry & could understand her disappointment. Did I consider her irrational??...not at all! Maybe she was one that someone saw crying.

Believe me, I know bad cruise experiences, my cruise this past summer ended abruptly when my closest lifelong friend suffered a massive stroke on our cruise, went into a coma & ultimately died. Yet still, I wouldn't dismiss that woman's sadness over a missed port as not worthy of her tears. It was her disappointment at that moment & important to her. People screaming & nasty at staff who had nothing to do with it is a whole 'nother story for which I have no patience!!!!

Thank you for sharing these stories with us. It's a huge wake-up call to realize that a couple married 37 years was taking their first-ever vacation. Indeed we take for granted some things that are other people's lifetime dreams.

My deepest condolences on the loss of your dear friend.

Epic will never tender at GSC. The tender process would be insane with over 4300 passengers!!!! The island would be overly crowded too.

The NCL Breakaway will be tendering with 4,000+ passengers, so I don't think that that was the issue.

Despite a windy (and cool) morning, Norwegian EPIC made it into Nassau at noon today with no issues whatsoever. :)

Bummed, though, that it is the last day of a really enjoyable cruise vacation week.

I saw just reading a Porthole Magazine story about The Epic missing a port of call stop in Nassau because the officials there forgot She was coming and did not save a berth for Her.

From USA Today

http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2013/03/01/bahamas-cruise-ship-norwegian-epic/1956083/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TP-TheCruiseLog+%28Travel+-+The+Cruise+Log%29

Archived