Are there any private cabanas in Bermuda?

eynsteinp

There's lots of information on the Bermuda Ports of Call Board, so you should check there, but I'll give you a brief summary:

There are no cabanas for rent at any of the public beaches.

As of last year, Coco Reef resort was offering day passes for $49 per person, which included lunch. That was for use of their facilities, but not a cabana.

In the past Elbow Beach Resort has had cabanas available for rent for something like $400. I have no idea how many people would be allowed to use the cabana, or whether it included any extras such as lunch.

In any event prices or availability may be different this year. No one knows because the tourist season hasn't started yet. You could email the hotels and ask about prices/rental policies for the upcoming year.

No cabanas to rent.

As I stated earlier, in the past Elbow Beach Resort has had cabanas for rent for $400. I emailed them today to determine if that will be the case this season. However since the hotel is currently closed for renovations, I received an automated response stating that no one will be available to answer the question until March 1.

I really want to go to Horseshoe Bay Beach (is that the right name?) It was recently on the world's top 25 beaches list.

Yes, Horseshoe Bay was recently ranked #8 in the list of the 25 top beaches world wide by Trip Advisor readers.

It can get crowded but there are are paths you can follow that will lead you to adjacent beaches such as Warwick Long Bay that are generally far less crowded.

I really want to go to Horseshoe Bay Beach (is that the right name?) It was recently on the world's top 25 beaches list.

Its great...........and it does get crowded. My tip is take the 1st bus that leaves for there. I think we took the 8:15 am bus and arrived about 8:50. Walk down the road, as you get to the beach turn left and walk another 7-10 minutes (see google map link) It will be much less crowded here.........at least for a while

https://maps.google.com/?ll=32.252674,-64.818242&spn=0.00215,0.004098&t=h&z=19

Its great...........and it does get crowded. My tip is take the 1st bus that leaves for there. I think we took the 8:15 am bus and arrived about 8:50. Walk down the road, as you get to the beach turn left and walk another 7-10 minutes (see google map link) It will be much less crowded here.........at least for a while

https://maps.google.com/?ll=32.252674,-64.818242&spn=0.00215,0.004098&t=h&z=19

On the flip side of the coin, my wife likes to go in the afternoon...about 2 to 3 pm. A lot of the morning and midday beach goers have left by then, making it a lot less crowded

We loved Horseshoe. One suggestion I'd make is to got later in the day - we went to St. Georges for the morning, did the caves and then ended at Horseshoe at 3ish and stayed til 7ish. It was not crowded at that point and the breeze and shade from the rocks were wonderful in mid August. It really is such a pretty beach, never seen water that color before!

The buses are really easy to use and there are plenty of taxis if you choose to do that. Love Bermuda!

Horse Shoe Bay is very nice, but take foot coverings, lots of rock and debris to cut feet on. Although, there were other areas we were at very rocky. The bay to the right is really nice for young ones, very calm.

If you take a taxi, they drop you close to the beach. If you take the bus, there is a little shuttle for a few dollars to lift you down to the beach. I don't recall the food being that great, the umbrellas kept blowing away.

On EBay there is a pop up Cabanna for under $30 that fits 4-5 people. It was folded into a disk about 24 " diameter and only an inch thick. It weighs only a pound or two. Under it we placed sand proff sheets from our previous beach trips. Just shake off the sand, fold or roll.

Snorkel bay is north side, just about waveless, there were a few drapped wooden structures, but I bet they get grabbed up early.

Archived