Manage your cruise- Bed selection

cruzinlisa

Am I the only person this happens to. By the way, I booked online myself, no TA for Conquest on 4/21. We are in an inside cabin for 3 on deck 9. We initially selected king bed, and know we will have an upper, which we will not use as our daughter is 2. She will hopefully have a crib, or she will sleep in our bed (as usual:(). Every time I log onto manage my cruise, it shows the bed type as upper/lower. We do not have an upper/lower room (right???). When I click on it to change it, it shows the options of king bed or 2 singles and king is checked? So when I close out of it, it shows king again. But then we I go back into manage my cruise, it will show upper/lower again. I thought it was just a glitch, but it has been showing that way for a few weeks now. Is anyone else having this issue?

This is how our two reservations have been for quite a while. I try to change it and it appears to but when I go back to Manage My Cruise it is Upper/Lower again. I sure hope it gets fixed before our cruise because if the beds aren't correct our cabin steward will have extra work.

I too, have noticed that when you make changes, it doesn't always "stick". Eventually however, it does. As noted above, if it doesn't stick, and you have a cabin that allows the two lowers to be made into a king, just ask your steward, and he/she can make it into a king before you "hit the sack" on embarkation night.

Have a GREAT cruise.

"SKY"

I too, have noticed that when you make changes, it doesn't always "stick". Eventually however, it does. As noted above, if it doesn't stick, and you have a cabin that allows the two lowers to be made into a king, just ask your steward, and he/she can make it into a king before you "hit the sack" on embarkation night.

Have a GREAT cruise.

"SKY"

thanks. It looks like it on the deck plan. Plus its a 3 person room, 4G or 4F. I was under the impression that upper/lowers are 1A rooms and are 2 people rooms. I am just hoping that I am not surprised when I walk in with bunk beds. :eek:

Have had the exact same issue. We are two people in a cabin that happens to have one upper bed. It keeps showing as upper/lower. Our PVP assured us that our request for two twin beds is showing up correctly and that this is a common "glitch" on the website. We were also originally concerned because I also know "Upper/Lower" as a Cat 1A! I wouldn't sweat it :)

We found that even when you change it online, and it appears to "stick", when you get to your room on embarkation day the bed configuration may not be what you selected. As others have said, just ask your room steward that first day to change it to your liking.

This has happened to me too. We have a 4 berth spa cabin (4s) booked on the Sunshine. We booked through a TA and they rang Carnival at the time to make sure we could have a king bed with the 2 upper pulmans. Really don't want to get there and find out we have 2 singles :(

That feature has never worked right so I don't even bother to update the website. If the beds are not in the correct configuration when we get to the cabin we just leave a note for our steward to rearrange them when he does the evening turndown service.

Okay that works for me. If I had to, I could deal even with the beds being separate (although it would be hard with DD), but I just did not want to walk in to bunk beds. DH had already said he will not sleep on the top bunk and I am afraid of heights, so it would not work.

thanks. It looks like it on the deck plan. Plus its a 3 person room, 4G or 4F. I was under the impression that upper/lowers are 1A rooms and are 2 people rooms. I am just hoping that I am not surprised when I walk in with bunk beds. :eek:

on the conquest you will not be able to book 3 people in that type of cabin. The 2 year old counts as a person.

you will be given a twin bed that is pushed together and an upper bed.

Most cabins will have the beds pushed together as a king bed. For people who need them seperated all they need to do is leave a note for the cabin steward and he will do that when he turns down the room while you are at dinner

Am I the only person this happens to. By the way, I booked online myself, no TA for Conquest on 4/21. We are in an inside cabin for 3 on deck 9. We initially selected king bed, and know we will have an upper, which we will not use as our daughter is 2. She will hopefully have a crib, or she will sleep in our bed (as usual:(). Every time I log onto manage my cruise, it shows the bed type as upper/lower. We do not have an upper/lower room (right???). When I click on it to change it, it shows the options of king bed or 2 singles and king is checked? So when I close out of it, it shows king again. But then we I go back into manage my cruise, it will show upper/lower again. I thought it was just a glitch, but it has been showing that way for a few weeks now. Is anyone else having this issue?

Try this. Got to "Tools", then "Options" and delete your cookies. See if that does the trick.:cool:

Archived