Best Way to get to hotel and port? Ft Lauderdale

colesc15

I know this should be in the Ft Lauderdale section, but I always get very little response there so I put it here.. I"ll be in Ft Lauderdale this weekend to leave for Allure and I want to know what the best way to get from the airport to our hotel is (Sheraton Beach Resort) and then from the hotel to the cruise port. We fly in Saturday early afternoon. Is taxi the best way to get to the hotel and then the cruise the next day? Lynx bus? Or rent a car? I'm just not sure how much taxi's will be to get to the hotel and then to the port the next day. There's 2 of us.

We always just rent a car when we fly in the day before. If you are going to go to places other than the hotel and port its the way to go. Thrifty, Dollar, and Hertz have drop off locations right outside the port with shuttles to the terminal.

Sheraton isn't far from the cruise terminal, I would say cab is the best way to go. Watch out for the shared shuttles from the cruise port on your arrival back. We had issues with one last year not giving us our change and driving off with it so I recommend avoiding them. I will also be on the allure this coming weekend as well...hopefully the weather starts looking up!

We always just rent a car when we fly in the day before. If you are going to go to places other than the hotel and port its the way to go. Thrifty, Dollar, and Hertz have drop off locations right outside the port with shuttles to the terminal.

We're just heading to the hotel and can't walk other places

Take a cab! We just got off the Oasis on Saturday. We waited for the Shuttle that the hotel called (I think they must have been in cahoots!) and it cost us $28 for four of us to get to the pier. For a 1.5 mile drive. We should have just taken a cab but they kept telling us that that with all the traffic it would have cost too much.

And when you disembark- take a cab to the airport. If we had taken one of the "airport shuttles" it was gonna cost us $44 ($11 per person) plus tip- so almost $50. Instead- we took a cab and it cost $20 including tip!

I agree a cab is the way to go. We stayed at the Embassy Suites in December and it was less expensive for 3 of us to take a taxi than it would have been to take the hotel shuttle. And it was much more convenient, as well.

It will cost you about $20 to get to the hotel from the airport, and about $15 to get to the port. Add in tips and it will cost around $45 total. The hotel charges $20 to self-park, and you would have to get gas. If you aren't going anywhere a rental car at $36 therefore would not be economical.

I would follow everyone's advice on this thread. CAB, CAB, CAB. It's cheaper and faster. We stayed at the Sheraton Beach Resort in October (post-cruise). We payed about $15 for 5 people.

In my review below, I list the details in posts 3, 84, and 85.

I would follow everyone's advice on this thread. CAB, CAB, CAB. It's cheaper and faster. We stayed at the Sheraton Beach Resort in October (post-cruise). We payed about $15 for 5 people.

In my review below, I list the details in posts 3, 84, and 85.

Thank you! I'll read through it later today!

Archived