Disembarkation in Ensenada & Return to San Diego

jeffbook

Was also on the March 2012 trip, Century Hawaii into Ensenada.

Another thread about this was at

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1532619

5 am arrival at port, off onto bus by 8:30 50 busses lined up, Busses were not nice. Some couldn't cross the border due to safety issues, not licensed.

1+ hour nice drive, 2+ hours moving 50 feet at a time to border,

arrived at airport by 1:00, had a 4:00 flight home

If you go in expecting the worst, offloading your carry ons and walking thru border checkpoint, seeing the finest parts of Tijuana, then anything better than that is a blessing.

Would I do it again if I had the chance for another cruise endeing here? Yes, just for the sheer thrill of it, and hoping that next experience couldn't be worse.

I can tell you that I've checked multiple times and for this cruise X is advising not to book flight before 5:00. I think it's because the ship docks later than others returning to Ensenada.

We took Choice air for our cruise endung on May 6 for our return flight to Toronto it leaves San Diego @ 4pm.

Wow, this thread is getting frustrating.

Here's the deal: the 4/25 Hawaii cruise returning to Ensenada has Solstice arriving at 3 a.m. The 9/13 wine cruise returning to Ensenada has Solstice arriving at 7 a,m. PER X'S WEB SITE. Therefore, X is going to recommend different "earliest flight" times for each cruise. In the case of the 9/13 cruise, that time is no flight earlier than 5 pm...which makes sense, as they were recommending no earlier than 1:30/2:00 in instances when the ship returns to Ensenada at 3 a.m. (vs the 7 a.m. we're talking about for the 9/13 cruise).

Archived