Allure, Feb 17, Eastern, LOVED the cruise, NOT the ship!

Verfai

That’s all folks, happy to answer any proper questions, have loads more pictures if anybody is curious about something

Thanks for reading!

Greetzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Thank you so much! Loved the pictures, although the size was too large for my computer so I had difficulty viewing them in their entirety. I am on a computer at work so I don't know how they would work on my laptop at home. I think the settings are crazy on this one, though. Unfortuately I can't change those at all. I just centered the pictures in the screen and viewed them that way. The quality of your photos were excellent.:)

I have a question about the Everglades tour. How is the seating in the airboat? Is everyone by just one other person or could you be stuck in the center of the boat? I am concerned about getting pictures myself. It looks as if you had no problems, though. We are also booked on this tour.

Thank you so much! Loved the pictures, although the size was too large for my computer so I had difficulty viewing them in their entirety. I am on a computer at work so I don't know how they would work on my laptop at home. I think the settings are crazy on this one, though. Unfortuately I can't change those at all. I just centered the pictures in the screen and viewed them that way. The quality of your photos were excellent.:)

I have a question about the Everglades tour. How is the seating in the airboat? Is everyone by just one other person or could you be stuck in the center of the boat? I am concerned about getting pictures myself. It looks as if you had no problems, though. We are also booked on this tour.

Hahahaha, this is a small resolution for me :D, i usually use facebook as the source for the pictures, than sooooo many people complain about the size so I actually uploaded them again in Flicker :D.

The airboat run is done on a boat where you sit 2 by 2, the “captain” of the boat steers the thing around so both sides get a chance to take pictures of whatever you run into.

Its was fun and amazing!

Really nice pictures, especially the Everglades critters. Your review confirms my suspicions about Oasis and Allure. Our first RCI cruise was on Enchantment. One of the things I loved about that ship was being able to see the ocean and exterior views most of the time due to all the large windows in the public areas. Same experience a few years later on Rhapsody. Then on our Voyager (with its Promenade) cruise we were a little disappointed that there seemed to be fewer exterior views. Oasis and Allure seem to take that trend even farther. It becomes all about how much variety you can put on a ship rather than the enjoyment of being out on the ocean. Each cruise I tend to spend more and more time relaxing on our balcony enjoying the ocean, watching flying fish, etc. We'll likely try one of those ships someday just to satisfy our curiosity and enjoy the variety. Hopefully some day they will vary the itineraries more to include some other ports.

Finally caught up with your review, much appreciated as we're only 71 days from our sailing on Allure.

Great photos and thanks for sharing them.

How did you find the boarding process to get back on the ship at the ports?

Great pictures and I appreciate your honest review. I loved Oasis and look forward to my cruise on Allure. But I agree that these big ships aren't going to be liked by everyone. I thought one of the highlights of my cruise was the ship tour to see how they made things work on such a huge ship.

Thanks again for your review

Was on the Oasis in January, and I kind of noticed the same thing as Verfai mentioned - there weren't alot of views of the Ocean as you went from venue to venue.

However, it was a great experience. I enjoyed my cruise more than other recent cruises because the entertainment was so much better and more varied than I have been experiencing on recent cruises. That alone is reason to try the Oasis.

After one has cruised the Caribbean more than 10 times, the ship becomes the destination and the Oasis is a unique experience - well worth giving it a try.

As for crowds? I didn't find the Oasis any more crowded than any other cruise ship. There were many venues to disperse the crowds. Maybe part of the reason we don't see crowds is our timing. We like to eat early and usually are at the eating places when they first open. Like any land restaurant, if you try and get a table at prime time, you will have trouble.

I didn't feel much rocking, but there were days you could feel some. A a newbie with us was having a bit of trouble with the movement - needing meds to cope. However, he was only one of 12 who had trouble.

I think every cruiser should experience the Oasis class. It's a unique experience.

Did I mention the entertainment? ;)

Divers, and ice skaters, and aerialists ...

Hahahaha, this is a small resolution for me :D, i usually use facebook as the source for the pictures, than sooooo many people complain about the size so I actually uploaded them again in Flicker :D.

The airboat run is done on a boat where you sit 2 by 2, the “captain” of the boat steers the thing around so both sides get a chance to take pictures of whatever you run into.

Its was fun and amazing!

Well, ignore my comments about the pictures! I am now on my smaller laptop at home and the pictures are just fine. They did not fit on the large double screen computer at work, which I find to be weird. But those computers are weird, anyway.:rolleyes: It is only since they did an upgrade last week that we could see pictures at all, so I guess I will just accept it and keep my mouth shut. I don't think that complaining to IT that I can't see pictures on Cruise Critic while I'm working would be a good idea.:eek:

I am anxious to go on that tour of the Everglades. It looks like so much fun. I hope to see the alligators in the wild, too. Great pictures!

Finally caught up with your review, much appreciated as we're only 71 days from our sailing on Allure.

Great photos and thanks for sharing them.

How did you find the boarding process to get back on the ship at the ports?

Hey Peter,

Well the boarding at Fort Lauderdale went like a charm (at 11am), never have I gotten that fast onboard a ship (also the first time we sailed as platinum members)…Gave a bigger tip to the porter and we were the only ones on our deck that had their suitcases waiting outside our room at 1pm :D lol.

At ALL ports you get the Rambo rent a cop security going nuts, its always fun to feel like you are boarding a prisoner ship with Royal Caribbean, whilst you see ZERO of this crap on all the HAL’s there were docked next to us all the time…Really one thing I despise of RCI is that re-boarding process.

Every port did have a priority re-boarding for platinum and above, which was nice :D.

At the Bahamas we were the only ship in port, the excursion we did was run by Atlantis (meeting place outside the ship, which was already strange for an excursion booked by RCI), also the welcome…Which was a complete fiasco compared to the way Royal handles the excursions.

St-Thomas, getting of went like a charm, port security did not care a lot

St-Maarten, same thing, no problem, no problem getting a taxi, never got ripped off or so

Greets

To all the rest, thanks for the nice comments, I thought I would get a flame over me :p And like you all are saying, you need to experience this ship at least once…Like I clearly stated, we had an amazing vacation which should be the moral of the story

great review. Your tablemates sound like a blast.

:D :D :D I am surprised nobody had a comment on the table placement thoughts we had...fitst time I read they stuck CC members together...luckely they do :-)

To all the rest, thanks for the nice comments, I thought I would get a flame over me :p And like you all are saying, you need to experience this ship at least once…Like I clearly stated, we had an amazing vacation which should be the moral of the story

Absolutely great review. Took my granddaughter & grandson on the Inaugural Cruise. They had a blast! :D With my grandson telling my granddaughter she couldn't stand on the flow rider because she is a girl & she would fall. Wrong, she stood and he pouted! :p To the zip-line, the merry-go-round, Johnny Rockets, the ice rink, the character parade, etc., they just loved the ship. :)

The only problem was walking from forward, where our cabins were, to aft where they always wanted to be, zip-line, pools, boardwalk, food, etc. it took forever, very long walk. And don't forget something in your cabin! :eek:

However, you are right, you need to experience this ship, she is amazing!

Future cruises:

Explorer of the Seas – Bermuda/Caribbean-2013

Celebrity Summit – Bermuda-2013

Past cruises:

Norwegian Gem-Bahamas-2012

Explorer of the Seas-Eastern Caribbean-2012

Explorer of the Seas-Bermuda-2011

Explorer of the Seas-Bermuda-2011

Explorer of the Seas-Eastern Caribbean-2011

Allure of the Seas-Labadee Extravaganza-2010

Norwegian Jewel-Bahamas-2010

Explorer of the Seas-Bermuda/Bahamas-2010

Norwegian Jewel-New England & Canada-2009

Explorer of the Seas-Eastern Caribbean-2009

HAL Eurodam-NYC Introduction Cruise-2008

Explorer of the Seas-Southern Caribbean-2008

Radiance of the Seas-Hawaii Circle-2007

Explorer of the Seas-Bermuda-2006

Explorer of the Seas-Bermuda-2006

Jewel of the Seas-Westbound Transatlantic-2005

Voyager of the Seas-Western Caribbean-2004

Serenade of the Seas-Canada-2003

Hey Peter,

Well the boarding at Fort Lauderdale went like a charm (at 11am), never have I gotten that fast onboard a ship (also the first time we sailed as platinum members)…Gave a bigger tip to the porter and we were the only ones on our deck that had their suitcases waiting outside our room at 1pm :D lol.

At ALL ports you get the Rambo rent a cop security going nuts, its always fun to feel like you are boarding a prisoner ship with Royal Caribbean, whilst you see ZERO of this crap on all the HAL’s there were docked next to us all the time…Really one thing I despise of RCI is that re-boarding process.

Every port did have a priority re-boarding for platinum and above, which was nice :D.

At the Bahamas we were the only ship in port, the excursion we did was run by Atlantis (meeting place outside the ship, which was already strange for an excursion booked by RCI), also the welcome…Which was a complete fiasco compared to the way Royal handles the excursions.

St-Thomas, getting of went like a charm, port security did not care a lot

St-Maarten, same thing, no problem, no problem getting a taxi, never got ripped off or so

Greets

Thanks for the update, especially as we're doing the same ports. I believe the ship docks in a different bay than we have used before in St Thomas, but we've an excursion booked there anyway to St John.

I see you did the soda package, did you use the freestyle coke machines? I used one for the first time in Austin last week and think they're great, but too much choice!

Thanks for the update, especially as we're doing the same ports. I believe the ship docks in a different bay than we have used before in St Thomas, but we've an excursion booked there anyway to St John.

I see you did the soda package, did you use the freestyle coke machines? I used one for the first time in Austin last week and think they're great, but too much choice!

Yes the ship is docked outside the real harbor, she does not fit in there :D, don’t worry all the excursions we saw left straight outside the dock itself, nicely arranged.

Yes we had the coke package and we did try the freestyle machines…A lot of choices but did not really like anything we got out of it :p…Tastes are different, but it was great to be able to take a full cup off the ship when going to a beach.

Great review and I agree! And I would still do Oasis class again. In 2010, we did a river cruise with 6 people; that was also a fun trip. I like Vegas and Vermont. They are very different, yet both are fantastic experiences. We cruise with the kids and sometimes the grandparents, so the last three have been on Allure (2) and Oasis (1). Next cruise is Indy. The smaller ships offer a different experience that is also wonderful; can't wait to do one of those again. Cruising is fun and there is something out there for everyone. Your pictures were great.

You took some very nice pictures, thanks for sharing them.

I do agree with you, it does not feel like a ship. But I absolutely loved our cruise, it was possibly our best vacation ever.

What beautiful pictures the best I have ever seen, thank you:cool:

This ship is good for doing TA's but have you tried a Royal Caribbean Radiance Class yet? You might like that ship as it feels more like a cruise ship rather than a Hotel;)

We were on the Oasis in Feb . Was afraid that I would find it too crowded and in fact it was not . Yes getting out of the shows there were crowds but no more then other ship .She is a beautiful ship and really amazing . The only thing I found was that the poor staff were runned ragged . Enjoy her she is a big Lady !

Fabulous, fabulous pictures, and your review was an excellent read!!! I hesitate to sail on the Oasis class ships for the reasons you mention, but I think we'll try one of them someday.

Thanks for the time and effort taken to share your cruise!

Teddie

8516404136_6c5fd83a4b_b.jpg

Love this photo, you both look very happy.

8515285843_ff29b718ce_b.jpg

I have to try this!

8515298097_7b2b0501a2_b.jpg

Here, get my good side!

8516429064_6b47180591_b.jpg

Nice Cabin.

8515308251_2fe3c27b78_b.jpg

Priceless!

Thank you for an awesome and honest review. It answers some questions from a thread that I posted a couple of weeks ago. Oasis class look great but so much is offered on the smaller class for a better price and better itineraries. I would love to see more pictures if you have time. :cool:

I would love to see more pictures if you have time. [/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/b][/size][/color]:cool:

Feel free to add me on Facebook, same name as my CC screen name, my profile picture is with a dolphin can’t miss it…Just note with it, that it’s your screen name from CC.

Archived