Mexican Riviera Sept 1989...What Ship?

jlazz

I'd love to know what ship I cruised on back in the day, but I have no idea how to find out. I can't find any pics and am really curious. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to track down the ship, or perhaps remember what ship would have been cruising to Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo San Lucas in Sept. 1989??

Thx!

I know I was on the Jubilee Sept 1990 out of Miami. Think it was Key West, Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman. Missed a port or change a port due to a hurricane. My first Carnival cruise and loved every minute if it :)

Couldn't be. She was already on the west coast in May of 1990, as that is when we sailed her.

I was able to quickly locate a brochure from 1989.

Festivale was doing Southern Caribbean.

Tropicale was doing West Coast

Holiday was doing Western Caribbean

Jubilee was doing Eastern Caribbean leaving Sundays

Celebration was doing Eastern Caribbean leaving Saturdays.

And the Carnivale and Mardi GRAS were doing three and four day cruises to the Bahamas.

According to the 1989/1990 brochure, the Tropicale left the west coast on January 7, 1990, for a 13 day Panama Canal cruise, and effective 1/20/90, began a Southern Caribbean itinerary.

And the Fantasy was added to the fleet on 1/22/90, also doing a 3 and 4 day Bahamas itinerary.

The Jubilee went to the west coast on a 13 day cruise on March 25, 1990. It was a 2 week Panama Transit as well, and we were considering it, until Daniel Noriega changed our plans. So we did 2 separate cruises instead that year; one on the west coast Jubilee, and one on the NEW Fantasy.

Edited by MrPete

By 1995, the Sensation was added to the fleet, doing alternating eastern and western Caribbean itineraries.

Also added was The Imagination was doing western Caribbean itineraries departing Saturdays.

The Tropicale was moved to New Orleans, which also embarked passengers in Tampa, calling on Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

Another new ship, the Fascination, started doing The Southern Caribbean from San Juan.

By this time, the Holiday was on the west coast, doing 3 and 4 day cruises to Catalina Island and Ensenada.

The Ecstacy was now doing 3 day trips to Nassau, and 4 day trips to Key West and Cozumel.

The Carnivale in 1993 became the Fiesta Marina, where Carnival experimented having a Spanish speaking cruiseline offshoot. It didn't last a year after failing miserably. The ship was scrapped in 2008.

The Mardi Gras had already left the fleet, and was scrapped in 2003.

• 2 years later...

I can't believe I never saw all the responses to this thread! I'm so sorry to all the folks who were so helpful. I decided to try to figure it out again, and when I searched Google, this post came up!

After reading all your responses, I tried to add the cruise thru the Carnival website. They didn't have the older ships listed online. I decided to call customer service. The CSR was so nice. I figured out the actual date of the cruise was 9/24/1989. With that info, and the fact that it was a western itinerary, she was able to determine that it was, in fact, the Jubilee that I was on. They said they would be able to add the cruise to my account. It's not going to make a huge difference in my points since I'm at 32, even with my 8 day in Aug, I should end up at 47. I would still need 28 points to move up to Platinum. But hey, 7 more points is 7 points closer!

Bottom Line - It was the Jubilee on 9/24/1989. Thanks so much to all who responded!

Yep, you are correct. I had to go and look at my pic again. Check out all that hair ;)[ATTACH]262296[/ATTACH]

omg! I should try to find my pics. I had the same hair!