Check out the door decoration my wife made.

We jumped ship and recently took a cruise on Disney with our DS, DDIL, DGD and DDILDP. There is a tradition, so we hear, of decorating your door on Disney. This was on our door decoration, my wife made most of it but did entrust the balloons to me to finish! It's a lot of fun maybe we will have a door decoration on our Dec. Pearl cruise!

So in fact the group leader letter in your cabin you get when organize a M&G. Makes it very clear to make sure you let everyone know not to decorate doors :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

well that stinks - we have always decorated out doors in Carnival. It is something the girls look forward to doing! It is also very helpful to find your cabin door after a few drinks!

Hopefully the owners suite will be easy to find! :cool:

Still disappointed about this news - we have already bought/made decorations!

Tam

Very good job! All I was going to do is use magnetized paper cutouts of stuff. Did you have fish hanger too??

I have decorated my door on Norwegian. No tape, just bits of bendable magnet on the back of paper decorations. Nothing was said. It was there all cruise...

Just saying!

We decorated our door on the Star in January, in fact, our cabin steward put the signs up for us. I went to the Dollar Tree and bought two of the magnetic register vent covers (really just a large magnet) and decorated those with stickers and whatnot for my brother's birthday. They worked great and were cheap!

That is really nice. One thing to keep in mind NCL has a policy of no door decorations. :mad:

Then they don't enforce it...

On our Sept Dawn cruise, for our anniversary, our family decorated the whole hallway practically. Nobody said anything or touched it.

I see door decor all the time on NCL

OP: Your wife is very Martha-Steward-ish :)

While I don't decorate our doors when cruising, I have seen numerous doors decorated my cruises. Is this a new development? Maybe it just hasn't been enforced.

OP, very elaborate! I was going to ask how you transported to the ship and if you left it there but see that it is now sitting on your mantle.

Maybe that's their policy "in case" they want to enforce it. You know...like saving lounge chairs.;)

They probably frown on putting tape on the door but magnetic stuff would be ok. Seeing as how NCL decorated our doors for us for birthdays, I doubt it's an issue.

Archived